Chapter 5

Private Library - Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" yes... " I was hesitating and eventually regretted saying the truth. 

He was looking at me and I couldn't read his expressions. it was somewhere between confusion and curiosity.

" You are close to him?" he asked me and I just wanted to laugh. Because I was definitely not close to him at all.

" No, at the fashion show he lent me his jacket because I was wearing a dress and it was pretty cold outside" I replied to him and still looked like he didn't believe. But why the hell do I need to justify myself to him?

" Was that the first time you guys met?" he asked me and that question took me by surprise. I didn't want to tell him that I knew him from school... I don't want to recall those memories. plus Jungkook didn't even recognize me. and I surely want to keep it that way.

" yeah," replied and lied my way to get out of this awkward situation.

He looked at me as if he was going to ask more questions but he didn't. 

" I should get going, he said once more and threw Jungkooks jacket over his shoulder and walked down the stairs.

I followed him. I don't know why but after that conversation I was more curious about him.

 

" Let me walk you to your car, I said to him and he stopped on the stairs.

" It's okay it's cold outside, but thank you for the book" he smiled and leaned into me kissing me on my neck. Giving me shivers along my body.

Before I could even realize he was out the door. 

That was just such a weird- experience. I won't be able to close my eyes tonight.

 

 

I was laying in bed after my shower and recalling Taehyungs smile. He was handsome. He was rich. Pretty much everything a girl would want. But somehow I did not find myself attracted to him for who he was. I was rather just curious about him.

I played to my side and noticed my phone screen light up. 

It was an unknown number.

I swiped to unlock my phone and read the text.

Unknown Number: " you returned my jacket" [ 11:23 PM]

read the text and I knew it was Jungkook. I wanted to feel happy but I just could smell the drama that was approaching.

Kat: " welcome" I replied and placed my phone upside down and went to sleep. [ 11:40 PM]

 

 

I went to work the next day and Hana was sitting in my chair. Smiling at me from a distance. 

" So did you find out who sent you the flowers?" she said and kicked the vase softly with her foot while remaining in my seat. 

" I don't know, how would I know?" I looked at her and placed my heavy tote bag on my table and waited for her to get out of my chair.

" because of this" she showed up her phone and it was Taehyung and me leaving the restaurant yesterday.

" Twitter is going crazy" she added and leaned back in my chair and scrolled through her phone. I figured out that she was not going to get out of my chair any time soon so I sat down in her chair. 

" So Taehyung and you huh? did you go to his after? " she smiled her eyes landed and me.

" It's not like that" I tried to defend myself and she gave me the "oh really" look

" I saw you at the party with Jungkook tho, maybe I was drunk and saw it wrong" she laughed and spins in the chair.

" It was Jungkook at the party" I said softly and she stops spinning the chair and stares right into my soul.

" So you dumped kookie for taetae?" she looked stunned

" Nooooooo..... I have my number to Jungkook but he passed it to Taehyung and then he texted me and I didn't know it was him and then I ended up going out with him for dinner and he came back to my place and we kissed" I said breathlessly and then buried my head in my arms.

" Oh wow girl, so which one do you want" she looked astonished. 

" NEITHER!!" I said out loud receiving a few stares from the colleagues around us.

" I just want to get through law school and get a good job, maybe a house with a picket fence and a pet cat. I don't need a guy like this in my life. I want to have a happy family where I wake up in the morning and prepare my kid's and husbands' breakfast. That would never happen if I dated a guy like that" I pointed at the flowers aggressively.

" Girls are killing for a chance that you had," Hana said softly.

" well, I never said that if he put his junk in my face that I would say no" I rolled my eyes and we both laughed.

" But seriously speaking, I don't think it would work out," I reassured her and chased her out of my seat. 

 

I looked at my phone and saw Jungkooks message from last night that I decided to ignore. Taking a deep breath, I went to his chat and read what he wrote.

Jungkook: " how come I don't get invited to your place?" [10:45 AM]

he said and without thinking much I responded.

Kat: " Because you never texted me" [11:20 AM]

Jungkook: " I am texting you now" [11:22 AM]

he responded and I noticed he was much wittier on chat than in person or maybe he just changed over time.

I could only roll my eyes and went back to do my work. 

 

There were so many things I had to focus on, with my bar exams coming up. 

Talking about uni, it was 5 PM and I rushed to class. I couldn't wait for the day I graduate because rushing to class 3-4 times a week was exhausting. 

Sitting in my boring 4-hour long lecture I took out my phone. Just to see Jungkooks name again. 

Jungkook: " If I asked to meet you would you say yes?" [1:15 PM]

he texted me since lunchtime.

Kat: " Sorry, I am busy maybe another time" [1:35 PM]

I replied to him because I just wanted to go home and get more than 6 hours sleep per day. As well, because I want to ignore him. I took things way to far with Taehyung and I don't need Jungkook as well.

The thought hurts me, thinking how Jungkook and I would joke in class and write each other silly things. But it was not like a flirty kind. Probably because I was too ugly. But for some reason, I miss those moments. Those are the only memorable times in school.

Jungkook: " When would you not be busy?" [1:40 PM]

Kat: " Probably when you are busy" [1:42 PM]

I responded to him and smiled to myself because I thought it was a really good come back.

Jungkook: " Ouch, how about I treat you for fried chicken and soju tonight?" [1:45 PM]

Kat: " your friend took me to eat in a 5-star restaurant and you want to take me to eat fried chicken?" [1:48 PM]

Jungkook: " anything you wish, my lady" [1:50 PM]

Kat: " fried chicken is fine" I responded and smiled to myself like crazy. [1:50 PM]

Jungkook: " what time?" [1:51 PM]

Kat: " 10:30 PM" [1:55 PM]

I replied to him and wanted to bang my head against the table because I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter