Chapter 1

Private Library - Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am laying in bed having this strange feeling that I'm not myself anymore. This feeling is hard to put into words, but I guess it's like I was fast asleep, and someone came, disassembled me, and hurriedly put me back together again. That sort of feeling. (Murakami)

 

You are probably wondering who I am.

My name is Kat.

and yes, I know you might think that's an odd name for a Korean girl. 

That's because it's a name I gave myself. So people can't find out the truth about me...

 

My real name is Haneul. Lee Haneul, if you wanted to be exact. 

 

I don't even know how to start. 

I grew up in a loving lower/middle-class family. Parents, older sister, and a cute dog. 

Went to one of the top schools in Seoul. SOPA to be exact. 

But I didn't go there because I was rich or talented. I was just lucky to get a scholarship... 

And now much luck has run out pretty much.

 

Once graduating and starting work I gave myself the name Kat, I didn't like my real name much because it meant heaven or sky. I got bulled for it. Because SOPA had all these gorgeous girls and I was not one of them. I hard a hard time fitting in since I couldn't have the latest LV bag of the season. Neither was I attractive looking. I use to have harry potter glasses and braces. 

Even the boys bullied me. 

But thinking back now it wasn't so terrible.

Therefore, I felt like once graduating I could get away and become else. I could finally become the person I want to be.

 

Now I am 22 struggling my uni and work as an assistant director in an event management company. You might think its a glamours job. You get to meet all these celebrities and go to fancy after parties.

But in reality, it is not. It's a hectic and stressful job. While you watch everyone getting drunk.

And the people at those parties are rich and stuck up. If men give you the attention and act nice to you its because they want to get into your pants. 

I speak from experience. I use to think guys were interested in me but after one night they are gone. I know it's sad. But some peoples are just s and there is nothing you can do about it. Other than tackling the problem. 

 

And that's exactly what I did in regards to my looks. I lost weight and got rid of the terrible glasses and braches. 

Some even say that I look like Solar from Mamamoo. But that's too much of a praise.

 

I was heading to uni. It was the beginning of a new term. It was around March and the temperature was still cold. I was wearing a white dress shirt and black slim-fit slacks. With a long brown coat over. A dress jacket stuffed in my back that I will need for after as I am rushing to work.

 

I got to the campus, I loved the campus. I loved the big buildings that looked like European castles. I can not believe that I will be graduating this fall already.

I study at Korea University if you wondered. 

 

Sitting down in my lecture hall, I took the closest seat to the exit. Because most of the time I sneak out after attendance. 

I don't really have many friends and I wish I had some. But I was just not very social. Most girls at uni know each other form high school already and I am the odd one out.

I am lucky that none of the girls from SOPA took the same major at me. But I don't think they would have time to care about me anyway since they only care about themselves.

I know that nobody likes being alone that much. I don't go out of my way to make friends since I am too busy keeping up with work and studies, that's all. It just leads to disappointment. 

and I had enough disappointment for my age.

 

The teacher called in for attendance and the class started. 

I was viciously tapping my pen, probably annoying the girls that we sitting in front of me. But I don't really care. 

Sora: " Where are you?" [3:40 PM]

I got a text from my boss and my heart skipped a beat when I saw the time.

" " I mumbled and saw a few dirty looks coming to my directions. I waited for the lecture to turn around and I slid out the door.

 

Running to the train in heeled boots is not easy, especially on those slippery tiled floors in the train stations. 

Slumping myself down in a seat I took out my phone to see another text from my boss.

Sora: " get here in 10 minutes or you are FIRED" [3:50 PM]

she texted and I know she was serious.

Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter