Switch

More For You, Less For Me

JENNIE

8PM

Finally, I could get some rest.  But what happened in the carpark keeps tugging on my mind though.

What if somebody really caught us making out? That wouldnt be good for my image especially when I have an upcoming EP and now, an upcoming CF.

Even if Kai and I are already out to be a couple, making out in public places is still unpleasant for South Koreans.

Kai assured me though that he will deal with that person in case he/she shows up. If it comes out on the news, we just have to deny it and dismiss it as groundless rumor.

Yup, that's right. I should trust him. He's Kai, he'll do everything to keep me safe.  😌

I lay down on my bed and grabbed my phone from my pocket. I log on Instagram and searched my name.

#JENNIE

Hmmmm. Lots of photos and videos about me. But the top search results came from my fansites.

Oh, there she is. I spotted GummyBaby's account right away.

I'm careful not to click follow because I'm using my public account right now. I have to maintain the "0" following.

I saw that she already uploaded my photos from the airport and some photos from my last concert. Wow  100,000 likes in less than 30 minutes huh. But that makes sense.. she really took good photos of me.

I found one picture that really caught my interest I want to post it on my story. Should I just grab it, crop the watermark and post it on my story? Or should I just tag her on my story in the credits? Or should I not just crop the watermark?

Or maybe I should just ask permission from her to post this on my story but I'll have to crop the watermark?

Yep. I like the last option. I dont want my fans to think I'm biased if any fan, even if its a master, will make it to my IG. So I kinda have to crop the watermark name to be safe.

And so, I started typing a message.

"Uhm, hi! GummyBaby, this is Jennie. I really find this picture so cute. Do you mind if I post it on my story but I'll have to crop your name though."

1 minute.
2 minutes.
3 minutes.

She's taking too long to reply again.

Then suddenly, I saw three dots appeared. Meaning she is now typing a message.

"Uhh. Sure thing. No problem!"

"Really? Thanks!!! Oh, btw I'll be attending a press conference for the launch of Moon Sunset Hotel and Resort on Saturday, 1PM. I hope to see you there! You're the first fansite master to know about this. I'm sure my manager will inform you guys soon about the event anyway."

Three minutes have passed before I received another reply.

"Oh? Really? I didnt know about this event! Thanks for informing me, Jennie! I'll try to be there...as your fansite master of course. My camera is more for you, less for me. :)"

Wow? That's... that's just so sweet of her. My cheeks reddened. GummyBaby seems to have a smooth way with her words.

All of a sudden, I remembered how she beat up that sasaeng guy at the airport and that even added more to her charisma. I think she's a really cool person in real life.

Shaking my head to bring myself back in reality, I typed a response, "Thank you, GummyBaby-nim. I'm expecting great photos from you then! Good night! :)) "

Gummy just sent a thumbs up in reply.

LISA'S POV

8PM

I'm feeling gloomy even until now. After having witnessed that steamy dry between Jennie and Kai, I feel so empty.

I drank another shot from my shot glass filled with tequila. Nope, I dont drink outside in a bar. I'm just here inside my room drinking alone by myself while listening to mellow songs.

I looked over the table and as if on cue  my phone lit up. I saw a notif "Jennie Kim sent you a message"

W-w-wait what?!?!?! Is it that serious?! Am I really drunk already to imagine Jennie sending me a message on IG?!?!

*pinches cheeks*
*pinches nose*
*pinchess *
*slaps face*
*jumps up and down*
*runs around the room*
*blinks many times*

And finally, I took a huge deep breath before reading again the notif.

"Jennie Kim sent you a message"

JENNIE ING KIM SENT ME A ING MESSAGE. WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM UNIVERSE?!!

After hurting me earlier, now you make Jennie message me on IG. Just what are you up to universe?

Its quite funny though, because the reason of why I'm drinking right now just messaged me.

"Uhm, hi! GummyBaby, this is Jennie. I really find this picture so cute. Do you mind if I post it on my story but I'll have to crop your name though."

Oh! She messaged GUMMYBABY not Lalisa Manoban. I forgot that I was still logged on to my fansite account.

She's just asking permission to post my photo of her. Well, its not a big deal for me since its her pictures afterall. So I replied,

"Uhh. Sure thing. No problem!"

"Really? Thanks!!! Oh, btw I'll be attending a press conference for the launch of Moon Sunset Hotel and Resort on Saturday, 1PM. I hope to see you there! You're the first fansite master to know about this. I'm sure my manager will inform you guys soon about the event anyway."

What the . She replies fast. My slow cant relate. I always think thoroughly my every message.

But it kinda made me feel special though, that I'm the first master she told about the event.

Okay, stop being delulu Lisa. Why do I love hurting myself? I hate me. Yeah. For real. I hate myself.

Despite of what happened earlier, despite being hurt, I cant just leave my fansite account or make GummyBaby go "cold turkey" on her idol. I have to fulfill my fansite master duties. So, I have no choice.

"Oh? Really? I didnt know about this event! Thanks for informing me, Jennie! I'll try to be there...as your fansite master of course. My camera is more for you, less for me. :)"

"Thank you, GummyBaby-nim. I'm expecting great photos from you then! Good night! :)) "

Hmm. That's settled then. I sent a thumbs up sign.

Saturday. 1PM. Press Conference. MOON SUNSET HOTEL AND RESORT.

That kinda sounds familiar.

Wait.
WHAT.
THE.
ACTUAL.
F.

Blame it on the alcohol, self.
But still.

The hell, Lisa??!?! How could I have forgotten about the press conference! I'm the project director so I have to be there! But, I already agreed to Jennie that GummyBaby will also be there!

What should I do now?

I was frantically trying to think of a solution when my eyes landed on a picture frame on my table. Its a picture of me and my bestfriend.

She's also a professional photographer but she focuses on that more while I have to focus on our business. But even so, I can say that I'm the better photographer.

As if I was hit by lightning, the answer to my probem suddenly came to me.

I dialed her number on my phone. After a few rings, she answered.

"Yow, Jisoo, are you free on Saturday? Can you do me a favor?"