Deleted Call

More For You, Less For Me

JENNIE

I woke up from my not so deep slumber when I felt somebody move on top of me. I slowly opened one eye and groggily checked who is disturbing my sleep.

I felt like a bucket of ice cold water was poured above me when I saw Kai's handsome face peacefully breathing on my chest. I suddenly felt wide awake now and tried to remember what happened last night. Sadly, I could only remember bits and pieces which means I must have been too intoxicated by the vodka.

I thought we were going to his place as in their dorm. But then he brought me to an unfamiliar condo unit. He said it was their family's unit but his parents were out of the country so he grabbed the opportunity to take me here. He opened a bottle of vodka, champagne, and basically all kinds of alcohol which we all drank before we continued what we started in the park. Everything was a blur after. The alcohol must have made me keep going during our session.

"Kai.. Kai.. babe.. wake up.." I try to move his head to my side so I can sit up.

"Hmm.. what.. no .. its too early."

"Yeah, I know but I need to pee so kindly let me off the bed." I insisted.

He slightly move to give me space and I tread lightly to go find a  bathroom.

"Where is it?" I asked him.

"Where's what?"

"Bathroom."

"Oh. Far left corner." He's already sitting at the edge of the bed then stared at me up and down. "I thought you were y last night. But you're even ier when sober. Haha," I slightly feel embarassed from his compliment but still flattered so I gave him my gummy smile.

I caught a glimpse of my clothes on the floor so I picked them up and also grabbed a towel to cover my body. I then proceed to the door to do my business leaving Kai on the bed but even then I can still feel his stares behind me.

Inside the bathroom, I thought I heard my phone ring but I wasn't so sure since it was just a faint sound and it could be a product of my hangover.

I stepped outside and walked back to the bedroom fully dressed. When I entered, I think I saw Kai drop my phone in a hurry on the bedside table. I furrowed my brows and asked him what was that about.

"Kai, did someone call? I thought I heard it ringing awhile ago."

He looks tensed and I can sense dread growing inside me. Is he hiding something again?

"N-no. Nobody called. I just turned off the alarm." He gave an awkward smile.

Something doesn't feel right. I dont know what it is exactly but I also dont want to push it since we just reconciled last night. I let out a deep breath and tried to smile brightly.

"Well, it doesn't matter as long as you didn't meddle with my phone's messages or calls. You know I hate people who dont respect privacy."

Kai nodded many times and replied, "Yes, I know babe. I swear nobody called or texted. Now, come here I need a cuddle." He stretched his arms open so I obliged and hugged him.

-----------

Kai and I had breakfast at his condo afterwards then he drove me back to our dorm. Now I'm back in my room laying on the bed thinking of all the events that happened the day before. I'm glad that it turned out okay. I have to thank Lisa for all of this. Wait. Lisa. She didnt cross my mind at all. I dont know why I feel guilty about it when I'm not even obligated to think of her because we're just friends.

Despite my conflicting emotions, I decided to send her a text message. I already have her number anyway from the paper she gave me in Manoban Holdings.

Hi, Lisa. This is Jennie! I just want to say everything between Kai and me turned out okay. Thank you so much for telling me to give him a chance. We wouldn't have gotten back together without you. Hope I could see you tomorrow during the shoot so I can treat you out or something. :)

I sent the message and waited for her reply. Knowing Lisa, she would've replied right away.. I guess.. or maybe not. Its been an hour since I texted her but no reply. I keep on checking my phone every five minutes hoping for her text but nothing. I feel a huge wave of emptiness and sadness enveloped my being but what bothers me is I dont know why I'm feeling that way. Please, dont let something bad happen to Lisa.