Six.

Ricotta Cheesecake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honestly, screw Kang Hyewon and her ungodly metabolic rate, Eunbi thought for the umpteenth time this week. How one person could demolish an entire table’s worth of delivery food over the span of a couple of hours, Eunbi would never know. How said person, after demolishing boxes of chicken, kimbap, and other assorted snacks, still appear slim in their very fitting clothes, only Hyewon would know.

 

Eunbi had never hated Hyewon more, especially when she just knew her stomach would bulge out after eating a single piece of chicken .

 

“Here,” Hyewon waved a drumstick in Eunbi’s face. “You should eat something too, Eunbi.”

 

“I really shouldn’t,” Eunbi muttered. The scent of deep fried chicken wafting in the air was so, so tempting. It took every fibre in her being to not just stuff herself with good food.

 

“Not hungry?” Hyewon asked, pouting. Eunbi might have found that expression quite endearing a while back at the bakery, but after a week of fitting and adjusting with Hyewon, she was immune to it. Hyewon would always pout when Eunbi refused to eat more than a couple bites of whatever they had ordered that day, and Eunbi would always give in to the pout. Lord knows how many kilograms she gained in the first few days of working with Hyewon.

 

“Not hungry,” Eunbi agreed, tightening her abdominal muscles to stop her stomach from growling. She channeled the frustration from her hunger into the clothes hanging on the mannequin in front of her, stabbing cloth with a sharp needle as she adjusted the fit of the dresses.

 

Sian glanced at her, amused. She had worked with Eunbi long enough to know when the woman was on a diet - which was, to be quite honest, everyday - and decided to help her out. “Hyewon, I think we should continue the fittings for the other outfits soon, maybe take a couple photos for better visualisation. Maybe we should keep the rest of the food for later? For when we’re done,” Sian suggested.

 

Hyewon immediately nodded and her fingers clean. For reasons Eunbi could not decipher, Hyewon always listened to Sian. “I’ll go wash my hands,” Hyewon announced, scooting out of the fitting room.

 

Once she was out of earshot, Eunbi sighed and leaned back into Sian who was standing behind her. “That woman must have been born to test my conviction,” she complained. “How the heck does she eat so much?”

 

“Her stomach must be a black hole,” Sian said, chuckling.

 

“I wish mine was, too. Then I wouldn’t have to go on a diet all the time.” Eunbi sighed again. “Lord knows how many diets Nako and I have already tried.”

 

“Wouldn’t it be great if everyone’s stomachs were just black holes, and we could eat forever without gaining any weight?”

 

Eunbi hummed in delight and grinned up at Sian. “What a dream that would be.”

 

“I’m back-” Hyewon paused just outside the door at the sight of Eunbi leani

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter