Sixteen.

Ricotta Cheesecake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You! Were! Amazing out there!” It wasn’t the first compliment Hyewon received during the afterparty tonight, nor would it be the last. Every person that bumped into her, whether they knew her personally or not, somehow remembered her from the fashion show hours ago, and would pause to shout a compliment to her face before slinking off for more champagne. Hyewon herself was sober; she knew drunk people often did things they would regret later, and she wasn’t too keen on slipping and exposing her weirder side to strangers.

 

Hyewon glanced around the large ballroom that hosted the show afterparty in search for Eunbi. The shorter woman was nowhere near her, although she did spy a large crowd accumulating at the other end of the room. Eunbi must be at the eye of the storm, what with her being the protagonist of the event after all. 

 

She started to make her way to the other side of the room, nimbly avoiding the glasses of liquor shoved her way. It was a difficult task, mostly because of the damn heels she was stuck in, but she eventually made it halfway before getting distracted by the expansive buffet laid across a whole row of tables. Beelining there instead, Hyewon picked up a plate and loaded it with every type of food in sight. 

 

She shuffled off to a corner while precariously balancing her mountain of food in her hand. Surrounded by gorgeous models and actresses and singers, downing champagne as if it was water, eating things like lobster and caviar as casual snacks - everything was so out of Hyewon’s league. Munching into a  shrimp cocktail, she wondered whether Eunbi was used to dining and partying like this. 

 

“Eunbi!” A loud exclamation brought her attention to one end of the large ballroom, a voice that sounded very much like Sian’s. Placing her plate down, Hyewon slunk over through the crowd towards the source of the commotion. Taking her heels as an advantage to peek over heads, she spied Sian in Eunbi’s arms. From her reddened face, she assumed Sian was well drunk.

 

Eunbi herself was slightly tipsy, swaying under Sian’s weight. Both had glasses of wine in their hands as they giggled and mumbled incomprehensibly under their breaths. Laughing at something someone said, Eunbi’s gaze darted around before landing on Hyewon.

 

“Hey, girl,” Eunbi crooned, winking. Detaching herself from a dazed Sian, she reached a hand out to pull Hyewon in, but stumbled and fell into Hyewon’s arms. “Oops. Looks like I fell for you, gorgeous.”

 

Hyewon chuckled at Eunbi’s cheesy line, noting the older woman’s flushed cheeks. “You’re drunk, Eunbi, you must’ve had too much wine.”

 

“Am I?” Eunbi set aside her wine to throw her arms aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter