Twenty.

Ricotta Cheesecake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was beginning to set, illuminating the sky with swathes of pastel pink and mellow orange. In front of the bakery, Eunbi could feel her heart beating against Hyewon’s as they swayed in place, comfortable in each other’s arms. Hyewon was slightly slouched, her face buried in Eunbi’s hair. 

 

“Hyewon?”

 

“I missed this,” Hyewon breathed. Her breath tickled Eunbi’s ear and made her shiver. “I missed you.”

 

“I thought you were going away for six months?” Eunbi wondered.

 

“Wouldn’t have lasted. I started missing you the minute I boarded the plane. Convinced the company to let me come back early."

 

“Yeah?” Secretly pleased with Hyewon’s admission, Eunbi gently rubbed Hyewon’s back and smiled. “What did you tell them?”

 

“That there was this woman I met, and that we worked together and I fell for her charms.” Hyewon’s fingers danced up and down Eunbi’s spine and made the shorter woman squirm in her arms. “That I missed her too much and if they kept me back any longer I’d die of heartbreak.”

 

Eunbi snorted. “Oh please.”

 

“And,” Hyewon continued, pulling back to grin at Eunbi, “that the woman I’m in love with is a genius designer who they should collaborate with.” Hyewon leaned down to whisper the name of the brand she was working with into Eunbi’s ear.

 

Eunbi gasped. “That’s a really famous brand, Hyewon, are you nuts?”

 

Hyewon shrugged. “I mean, they liked your designs and said they’ll think about it, so…”

 

Eunbi squealed in excitement. Hyewon winced and let go of Eunbi to cover her ears. “You’ve got to be kidding me! Holy , that’s amazing!”

 

Hyewon crossed her arms and pouted. “I can’t believe you’re more excited about the brand than you are about me coming back. That’s it, I’m rioting.”

 

“Aw,” Eunbi patted Hyewon’s cheek lovingly. “I guess I missed you too.”

 

“Nako said you were going crazy missing me though?”

 

“Nako said-” Eunbi huffed out a breath. “I’m grounding that kid the minute we get home.”

 

“The minute ‘we’ get home?” Hyewon put her arm around Eunbi’s shoulders and wiggled her eyebrows. “Are ‘we’ living together now?” she asked, teasing.

 

“Should we?” Eunbi whispered, a smirk spreading across her face. They managed to maintain eye contact for two beats before both women turned beet red and averted their gazes, shy.

 

Hyewon coughed to break the sudden awkward silence. Her hand moved down to hold Eunbi’s, their fingers finding each other and interlocking. “Maybe after our first date.” She bit her lip nervously and glanced at Eunbi. “Dinner tomorrow at seven? I’ll pick you up from the office.”

 

Eunbi squeezed Hyewon’s hand. “It’s a date.”

 

#

 

So maybe plans weren’t meant to be stuck to all the time. Eunbi was so busy the next day with clients going in and out of the office - she entertained twenty clients today! Twenty! - that she had no time to take any breaks, let alone fuss about the date tonight. Glancing at her phone, she noted that there was still half an hour to go until Hyewon was supposed to arrive, giving her some leeway to get some shut-eye beforehand.

 

Sian was already about to leave when she heard a gentle tap on the main door to the office. Looking up, she smiled at the sight of Hyewon waving at her from the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter