Three.

Ricotta Cheesecake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi’s first plan of attack was to hide around the corner of the block, a few doors down from the bakery. Enthusiastically getting into her role as a spy, she snuck from door to door, keeping an eye out for anyone suspicious; and more importantly, anyone who could potentially recognise her. After all, she was still a businesswoman and professional fashion designer, and God help her if anyone saw her in this kind of getup.

 

Oh, and there was the possibility of her looking like a stalker.

 

She immediately recognised the woman standing outside the bakery, her long black hair swept to one side in the breeze. Clad in a simple white tee and jeans, Hyewon appeared to be very engrossed in the baked goods on display, occasionally frowning, pointing, and even tracing the outlines of different breads. Eunbi quietly wondered whether Hyewon actually had a job, for how could she always have so much time to spend hanging around a bakery?

 

Eunbi’s eyes widened when Nako bounced out with the widest grin on her face before hugging Hyewon. She could feel jealousy bubbling within her as Hyewon hugged Nako back, rubbing their cheeks together as Hyewon pulled the small girl closer. How dare Hyewon hold her younger sister like that? It wasn’t as if they were dating or anything.

 

They weren’t dating, right?

 

No way. Hyewon wasn’t Nako’s type. 

 

Did Nako have a type?

 

Oh, Lord above, was Nako dating Hyewon without Eunbi knowing?

 

Come to think of it, Eunbi had never actually talked to Nako about crushes or romance before. In fact, Eunbi hadn’t had a proper chat with Nako in quite a long time, especially after her fashion business took off over the past year. The thought of a complete stranger (to Eunbi, at least) being a more familiar, comfortable presence than she was to Nako was… quite alarming, to say the least.

 

Once both girls entered the bakery, Eunbi hurriedly crept along the shops to crouch under the large window. Poking her head out like a meerkat, she surveyed the area, looking for Nako. She found her picking out desserts for Hyewon, explaining each part of the assortment in the display stand. Deep in thought, Hyewon considered her food options, eventually pointing out a couple of cake types. She leaned down to mutter something into Nako’s ear, making the younger girl squeal and laugh. Eunbi’s nostrils flared when Hyewon sent Nako a flirty wink - or what Eunbi interpreted as a flirty wink - and she felt her hands ball up into fists.

 

It took Eunbi a great amount of willpower not to just storm in and interrogate Hyewon in front of everyone in the bakery. Just as she was planning the destruction of the black-haired woman inside, her phone buzzed. She pulled it out to answer the incoming call, nearly crushing it in her hand at the same time. “What?” she snapped.

 

“Are you coming in any time soon?” Sian asked, her tone brusque. Clearly she did not take kindly to be snapped at by her boss-slash-friend. “It’s nearly nine.”

 

“Already?” Eunbi removed her phone from her ear and stared at its bright screen. In a large font - the biggest font the phone could possibly display, what with her aging eyesight - the numbers blinked out 8:50. Since when did time pass by so quickly? 

 

"Alright, alright, I'm on my way." Rearranging her effects on her face, she glanced back at the bakery one last time… and froze when Hyewon met her eyes through the display window. Hyewon held Eunbi’s gaze for a few stuttering heartbeats, not betraying a single expression on her face. 

 

Hyewon's unblinking stare was unnerving, and yet Eunbi could not b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter