Seventeen.

Ricotta Cheesecake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Harsh sunlight streamed through Eunbi’s bedroom window and burned through her eyelids. Grunting, she flopped over in bed, tumbled down onto the hard floor, and bumped her head. She let out a creative stream of expletives before opening her eyes to check for damage. Everything seemed alright except for the awful pounding in her head.

 

“This is why you don’t go to parties, Eunbi,” she muttered to herself as she massaged her temples. She heaved herself up to a standing position, swaying in place. Through her squinted eyes she spied some painkillers and water on her bedside table, and quickly gulped them both down, trying to wash away the sour taste lingering in the back of . She then shuffled towards her bathroom in hopes that a cold shower would make her feel better.

 

It didn’t, not really.

 

Her wet hair wrapped in a towel, Eunbi stepped out from her bedroom in a tank top and some loose shorts. She poked her head into Nako's room before remembering that her younger sister was staying over at Hitomi's place. 

 

Oh well. Guess that meant she had the whole apartment to herself then. Not too displeased - Nako would not be happy to see her hungover and Eunbi was fine with not incurring the small girl's wrath - she strode into the living room, fluffing at wet hair. 

 

And came face-to-face with a surprised Hyewon. 

 

"Hyewon?" Eunbi jolted back, slapping a hand over her heart in shock. "Why… why are you here?" 

 

"Oh my god I um I don't I really should get out of your way haha-" A bunch of incoherent words spilled from Hyewon's mouth as she attempted to avoid Eunbi's gaze. Confused, Eunbi leaned in, noting how progressively redder Hyewon's face was getting. 

 

"Is there something wrong?" 

 

Hyewon gulped and tried her best not to look down at Eunbi's chest that was currently pressing on her. "Haha, nope, not at all. Uh, how are you feeling?" 

 

Eunbi groaned; to Hyewon, even that noise made her imagine something that she most definitely was not supposed to be imagining. Get it together, you ert, Hyewon internally berated herself. 

 

"Everything hurts," Eunbi complained, her lips drawn into a pout. Mollified, Hyewon grabbed Eunbi’s elbow and steered her towards a chair in the kitchen area. From under a food cover Hyewon took out a bowl full of steaming-hot soup. As she placed it in front of Eunbi, Eunbi could see cabbage, an assortment of other vegetables, and some beef swimming in the broth.

 

Hangover soup, Eunbi realised. Taking the spoon Hyewon held out, she gently pushed the spoon i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter