Special Chapter 2: Couple Bags

Ricotta Cheesecake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If Hyewon was being very, very honest right now, she felt extremely embarrassed carrying a fluffy dinosaur bag on her back. And no, the bag was definitely not her idea. Hyewon was weird, yes, but fluffy kid-sized backpacks so obviously bought from the theme park were not her type of thing. In fact, she'd rather starve for a whole day than walk around looking like a right idiot. So why was she carrying this cursed green dinosaur on her back?

 

"Hyewon!" Ah, there it was, the reason for Hyewon's very unordinary behaviour. Pointing excitedly at mechanised spinning cups, donning the exact same silly dinosaur bag, was the love of her life: Kwon Eunbi, genius designer, chef extraordinaire, fake-mom to small penguin child, and... a er for couple items and park rides, it seemed.

 

"You want to ride that one?" The tone of voice that naturally came out of Hyewon's mouth was the same one she usually reserved for adorable children, but Eunbi didn't seem to mind. Then again, Eunbi in her pretty summer dress and twintails was the epitome of adorable, and she was acting like a kid right now.

 

Eunbi nodded, grinning. Skipping over, she tugged at Hyewon's finger and gazed up at her with hopeful eyes. "Please?" 

 

Hyewon felt a twinge in her heart, and had to cover her lovesick smile with a hand. "Alright, alright, let's go." Eunbi squealed and tiptoed to peck Hyewon's cheek. Grabbing Hyewon's hand, Eunbi dragged her towards the oversized cups. As Eunbi started to spin the wheel on their own cup, Hyewon steeled herself for the impending nausea that was sure to follow.

 

It was actually quite impressive that Hyewon didn't immediately throw up when their cup started twirling madly. Yes, her face did turn a sickly shade of green, but she didn't throw up, and that was the most important part. Staggering out onto stable ground, Hyewon bent over, hands on knees. She closed her eyes, hoping it would stop the world from spinning as she took deep breaths.

 

"Wow, you're so pathetic," a dry voice commented. Forcing an eye open, Hyewon looked up to see a blonde girl gazing down at her with a raised brow.

 

"I know, Hii-chan, shut up." Hyewon glanced around, searching for Hitomi's partner-in-crime. "Where's Nako? Don't let Eunbi catch you without her, or else you're dead."

 

"Crap, you're right. She went to the washroom though, should be fine-"

 

"Oh, Hii-chan!" Eunbi smiled at her as she walked back. She rested an arm on Hyewon's back, completely ignorant of the poor woman still in the midst of a dizzy spell. "Where's Nako?"

 

"I'm here, I'm here!" Nako jogged up to the trio and wrapped Hitomi in a side hug. She goggled at Hyewon, all queasy and unsteady on her feet. "Wow, what happened? Are you okay?"

 

Confused, Eunbi crouched down to stare at Hyewon. "What's wrong, babe?"

 

Hyewon shook her head. She stood back upright, pretending her world was perfectly right and not at all swimming in her vision. "Haha, nothing, I'm fine! What's next, babe?" She followed her girlfriend's pointed finger to the largest ride there was in the theme park: a menacing rollercoaster, full of twists and turns and ninety-degree drops - and she felt her own heart drop.

 

"Oh."

 

Hitomi patted her on the back encouragingly. "Good luck. You'll need it."

 

#

 

Standing in line for what was most probably her ride to hell, Hyewon started to think back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter