Ch 7

Masked Racer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Two weeks later)

School started up again, but luckily there was only a couple days left and the only thing that Baekhyun is going to have to worry about is preparing for his graduation because he just got his final report card back and he passed with flying colors.

Everyone was proud of him for finishing strong, same goes for Chen and Kyungsoo, although they expected them to pass. Not that Baekhyun wouldn't have passed, they just didn't think he'd do so well.

To celebrate, Sehun told him that he is going to throw him a party and he also offered to race Baekhyun at the racing event tonight, which allows you to race whoever you want, including members of your team. Baekhyun agreed right away.

Baekhyun and Luhan just arrived at the racing event, Chen didn't come with them because Sehun had asked him and Kyungsoo to set up for the celebration at a nearby bar that Sehun rented out with the help of Jongin, who offered to help after Baekhyun told him about his report card.

They have been talking on and off since that day at the mall, and they couldn't be happier. They haven't passed any boundaries, sticking to just the friendship zone, for the meantime both mentally wanting to slowly develop back into any intimate relationship.

Baekhyun parked next to Chanyeol, he put his cap on and got out of the car. He spotted Jongin's car on the other side of Chanyeol's.

The other hadn't been attending the last couple of races Baekhyun participated in, Sehun telling him the other has been busy with his company. Baekhyun had felt slightly relieved because he didn't have to be so cautious about his identity.

Although, he has been thinking about telling Jongin about his secret, Baekhyun didn't know how though. He didn't want to upset the other. But he had to admit he missed seeing the other at races, and now that the red-head thinks about it he has never seen the other race, now he's curious.

The twins greeted Chanyeol and Tao, who were talking about tonights party. Chanyeol waved, his usual bright smile on his face, Baekhyun looked at him curiously.

"How do you do that?" He asked stupidly, Chanyeol looked at him confused,"What do you mean?" The taller asked looking at him strangely.

"Smile so much, doesn't your jaw hurt after?" Baekhyun asked genuinely curious, Luhan and Tao laughed at him because of it. Baekhyun scowled at them, looking at Chanyeol expectantly.

The taller shrugged, "Idk, I'm just happy with life. I have everything I will ever need and want" he told the red-head sincerely answering his question. Baekhyun nodded empathetically.

He wanted that but with a father that wants to control his lifestyle and a love-life, that is non-existant at the moment, that was impossible. Except he secretly prays something is happening again between him and Jongin.

Sehun and Lay returned from wherever they were, Lay greeted and hugging everyone including Baekhyun. Tao figured out Baek's identity and the loud mouth told the doctor. Baekhyun prayed he didn't tell Jongin but since he hasn't heard anything he figured he didn't.

Sehun hugged and kissed Luhan, pulling away to hug Luhan. He looked at Baekhyun smirking.

"You ready?" He questioned ready to test how far he's come along. Baekhyun returned the smirk "Prepare to loose Sehunnie~" He cooed teasingly going to get something to drink and eat with Chanyeol.

"We'll see about that" Sehun hollered after him. Jongin returned from going to the bathroom after Baekhyun and Chanyeol left. He greeted Luhan when he stopped by them.

Luhan's eyes widened, "You changed your hair" He exclaimed surprised by the change, Jongin dyed his hair black and shortened it, shaving parts of it.

 (what his hair looks like)

Jongin smiled nodding, "Yea, I wanted a change and here we are" He told him. It made him feel maturer with it and he prayed Baekhyun likes it too. He looked at Sehun and patted him on the back.

"Are you ready for your race?" He asked smirking softly, Sehun hasn't raced in a while. The taller shoved him softly, Jongin laughed. He loved teasing his brother especially something like this.

"Yes, I'm ready, even if I lose I will be fine with it" He spoke honestly, he wanted to win but he didn't think Baekhyun would go easy on him. The other never went easy on him for anything.

"WOW, the all mighty Oh Sehun, willing to lose" Jongin using the name, they all came up with for his racing name. Sehun glared playfully at him.

"Oh shut up, I have long since stopped caring about winning." Sehun said scoffing, Luhan laughed at his desperation. Sehun smirked thinking about something.

"Your the one that hates losing hyung" Sehun teased back knowingly, Jongin glared right back at him and started hitting him playfully. Sehun laughed trying to shield himself.

"I'm right hyung, admit it. I remember that one time you almost picked a fight with that one tattooed guy" Sehun taunted him, Jongin scoffed looking slightly insulted.

"That guy deserved it, he deliberately cheated and you know how I feel about that" He explained to them as Baekhyun and Chanyeol returned with snacks and beverages.

Sehun just laughed, nodding at the correctness of his argument. Luhan went over to help the other two with their findings.

He took some of the water bottles from Baekhyun who sighed in relief, he was about to drop them otherwise, "Thanks, your a life saver" He said dramatically, Luhan laughed at him.

Baekhyun noticed Jongin, and fixed his cap to hide his eyes better. Jongin greeted him and everyone sat down to dispose of Chanyeol and Baekhyun's findings.

Sehun and Baekhyun's racer names were called and they were ready to go in no time. They both looked at each other as the refree shouted 'ready'. On 'go' they both sped of, they were both side-by-side as they did.

They swapped back and forth between leads but at the last stretch, Baekhyun decided to stop playing and sped up leaving Sehun in the dust. The taller chuckled at the turn of events but he knew his fate.

Baekhyun passed the finish line, he parked on the side and got out as Sehun passed the finish line behind him. He reached back into his car to take the helmet off and put his cap on, and he got back out. 

Sehun parked behind him as the others came running, congratulating both of them on a successful race even on Sehun's, to which he was grateful to hear.

Luhan hugged Baekhyun around the waist and congratulated him. Jongin came over and congratulated him too.

Baekhyun was given his prize money and automatically gave it to Luhan who gave him a pleased smile putting the money in his back pocket. Luhan turned to the others smiling widely.

"Shall we go celebrate?" He suggested smirking knowingly.

They all agreed going back to get their cars while the twins got into Baekhyun's. Sehun got into his and Baekhyun followed him out of the place. The others leaving on their own accord.

~~~~~

When Baekhyun and HunHan arrived, he told the couple to go on ahead as he wanted to get a change of close out of his truck. Telling them there was no way he was walking in wearing his racing apparel.

They laughed at him and went in, Tao and Lay somehow managed to arrive before them. Chanyeol and Jongin just arrived at the bar.

They were walking up to the entrance talking about something random when Jongin suddenly stopped. Chanyeol looked at him in question, following his gaze.

Eyes widening, Chanyeol quickly excused himself. Secrets out..He thought as he walked away.

Jongin broke out of his thoughts slowly walking over to the other. Baekhyun took off his cap and threw into the trunk closing it. When he looked up he gasped loudly, stopping in his tracks wide-eyed.

Jongin thought the other looked like a deer got in headlights as he walked closer. He looked at the car and back at Baekhyun who started sweating nervously.

"So it was you" Jongin stated disappointment in his voice. Baekhyun looked down bracing himself for what's to come, "Took me for a fool did ya?" He said bitterly.

Baekhyun snapped his head up quickly looking at him in disbelief "No." He said staring at Jongin in disbelief. The taller scoffed looking at him expectantly.

"I did this for myself, I didn't know you were the one they prefered to as 'kai'. I only knew when I got there." Baekhyun told him his expression void of any of his previous emotions.

"So you decided to keep it from me? Even after we met at the mall?" Jongin said starting to get angry, he clenched his fist trying to calm down.

"I was planning on telling you soon but the world had other plans" He admitted to him, telling him the obvious. Jongin glared at him, shaking his head looking away.

"I need to think about this" Jongin said walking away, Baekhyun chuckled sarcastically.

"of course your just going to walk away without talking about it." He yelled in his mode again and for the first time with Jongin.

The taller stopped, and turning his head to look at Baekhyun, when he used that tone of voice with him.

Baekhyun looked at him expectantly smirk threathening to show. "Why didn't you tell me?" Jongin asked again giving him the opportunity to make his point. Baekhyun arched his eyebrow at him.

"I had already started it, I couldn't risk showing my identity yet. And before you bring it up Tao and Chansoo figured it out on their own and Lay found out from Tao" Baekhyun explained to him slowly, Jongin opened his mouth but Baekhyun stoppped him.

"I was going to tell you either differently tonight or sometime this week when I could stand you getting angry at me" Baekhyun told him starting to get frustrated. Jongin stood there taking the information in.

He took too long so Baekhyun smiled sadly at him, "At least you know, we don't have to ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter