Ch 5

Masked Racer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day has finally come where Baekhyun will have his first race!

After Sehun informed them, Luhan and Chen signed him up under the name 'Masked Racer'. There was a race that night and lucky for Baekhyun he was on break (after finals were over). To say he was a happy camper would be an understatement.

He will be racing against Lay, he was nervous and excited at the same time. He was at school when Sehun called to inform him about the news and he nearly yelled excitedly but thankfully he rememebered before he embarrassed himself in class.

He had brought his car with him to school, wanting to show off his car. Everyone was blown away by the car and that it belonged to Baekhyun.

He was in his last class of the day staring at the clock waiting for the bell to ring. "It's not going to go faster just from you staring at it" Chen stated breaking him out of his thoughts. Baekhyun scowled at him.

"Well it should, my patience is about to explode" He groaned b*tchily. Chen shook his head at Baekhyun.

"I know your excited but you still have to wait for tonight" Chen reminded him, the event doesn't start until 9 o'clock for those who like to arrive early to hangout. But they were planning to arrive closer to his race.

"Yea well anything is better than being here at school" He said sassily, glancing at the clock again. Yes! He yelled in his head, the bell was about to ring.

"You won't have to wait long" Chen stated after seeing his expression.

*Ring*

*Ring*

The teacher excused everyone. "Yes!! Let's go!!" Baekhyun exclaimed grabbing his back and running out the classroom door, Chen following behind him, apologizing to everyone the red-head almost ran into.

"Baek slow down!" He yelled down the hallway, Baekhyun already made it to his locker, practically throwing everything into his locker. Chen put everything in his locker next to Baekhyun's.

They originally didn't have lockers next to each other but Baekhyun went to the prinicipal demanding that he had his locker changed, same goes for Kyungsoo even though the shorter kept insisting he was fine where his locker is but Baekhyun refused to listen.

"Did Soo leave already?" Baekhyun asked leaning against the locker after he finished putting his bag in the locker (he doesn't bring it home during breaks).

Chen thought for a second, closing his locker putting his bag on, "Yes, he had to cover Tao's shift" Chen informed him, Baekhyun frowned. They know Tao but they don't hangout very often only when Baekhyun and Chen stop by which is a lot.

His face brightened up as soon as it dropped, an idea crossing his mind, "Lets go visit him" Baekhyun suggested happily. Chen looked at him strangely.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "To spend the rest of the time we have before tonight" He explained to him. Chen nodded, "Alright" he agreed. 

Baekhyun yelled happily jumping up and down. Chen pulled him along, embarressed by his actions. He let him go when they were outside.

"Geez, can't you be civilized for once" Chen muttered walking to the car, Baekhyun insisted that Chen should ride with him. 

"Pssh, no that's for boring people" Baekhyun answered amusement in his voice, he unlocked the car and got in. Chen looked at him slightly offended as he got in the otherside, tossing his bag on the floor. 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and sighed dramatically when he saw his expression "Not you, you're better than them" He spoke trying to sound as sweet as possible. Chen looked at him unimpressed. 

"OK, I'm sorry I just like being myself and not worry about what others think." He answered confidently, Chen nodded knowing that Baekhyun had a tough time trying to fit in and prevent himself from getting bullied after Jongin left. Chen of course helped his best friend with the bullies but it wasn't always affective.

They arrived at 'Panda & Penguin' not long after, Baekhyun parking by the front door. Chen observed his surroundings making sure they didn't run into Jongin again.

That would be bad considering Baekhyun had his car with him, and Chen knew Baekhyun didn't want to be noticed right away.

The bell dinged above the door as they entered the cafe. They walked up to the counter, ordering. Kyungsoo came out of the back as Baekhyun was ordering, the red-head was being picky about what he wanted.

"What are you guys doing here?" Kyungsoo questioned when he noticed them, hugging Chen when he got closer. "Baekhyun wanted to come visit" Chen answered glancing at Baekhyun who finally finished ordering.

His face brightened up at Kyungsoo's presence. "Soo~" Baekhyun exclaimed hugging the shorter, making Kyungsoo stumble backwards.

Chen panicked pulling Baekhyun off of him before Kyungsoo decides he wants to kill the other. "Hi Baek, I'll take you guys to your seat" He fru, wanting the red-head to sit down before he caused a scene in his cafe.

They followed him and he brought them to a booth in the corner. He knew Baekhyun like them best, Kyungsoo agreed because they were comfortable and the farthest from other people. They chit-chatted until their food came and when it got there, there was no talking because once Baekhyun eats he doesn't like talking and Chen couldn't agree more. 

After they finished eating Baekhyun refused to leave right away, staying to pester and annoy Kyungsoo. He kept asking a bunch of questions like how it was like being a cafe owner or how he could handle so many people, claiming how he would never be able to do it. 

Kyungsoo eventually threatened to kill Baekhyun if he didn't leave, so Chen ended up dragging him out of the cafe since the other was being stubborn. Baekhyun gave up, getting in the car and heading home to get ready for the much anticipated night.

 

When they got home, they found Luhan and Sehun in the kitchen being lovey-dovey. Chen and Baekhyun stared at them in distaste, the couple didn't notice them come in and they looked like they were about to eat each others faces.

Not on my watch. Baekhyun thought smirking going into the kitchen, Chen tried to stop him but there was no stopping him.

"Alright lovebirds!" Baekhyun exclaimed, startling the couple well mostly Luhan, his face was almost as red as Baekhyun's hair. Sehun just glared at Baekhyun, Luhan hiding his face in the tallers chest.

Baekhyun smirked "Now I am going to get ready for my big night" Baekhyun announced going to the fridge to get a water bottle and made his way to his room, "And I hope food is ready by the time I'm ready~" he sing-songed as he closed his door.

Chen cursed him inside his head, "I'll start dinner" Chen stated not wanting to hear Baekhyun b*tch later. The HunHan nodded going to Luhan's room to ready.

Luhan sighed when the door was closed, "That was so embarrassing" He mumbled falling back onto the bed. Sehun sitting on the bed next to him, smiling sympathetically at him playing with his hair.

"Why is he like that?" he questioned suddenly almost whining looking at Sehun expectantly, the taller got flustered by how serious he sounded, puzzled as to why he sounded so frustrated.

Sehun thought about it before answering, "That's how he is..?" He answered sounding unsure. They all know that Baekhyun does things his way and that he is always honest, some may say he's too honest.

Luhan sighed, "I know, don't worry about it" He grumbled getting up to go shower, Baekhyun already finished, he knew this because he heard him yell for Chen. A serious look morphed its way onto Sehun face.

"I'm going to worry now. What's wrong?" He asked walking up to the other, turning him around to get a better look at him. Luhan shook his head, eyes watering but he swallowed trying to look away but the taller wasn't having it.

Sehun gave him a stern look demanding an answer, Luhan sighed "I just wish he would restrain from being so blunt" He answered thinking about the many times the other barged in on his and Sehun's alone time.

Sehun stared at him confused "Baby you know this his way of coping right?" He told him, knowing this fact after finding Baekhyun on a bad day. Luhan nodded knowing what Sehun was talking about. 

It was a couple years after Jongin and Baekhyun split up (and after ChanBaek agreed they were just friends), it had been a bad day at school for Baekhyun and on top of it he had been bullied again. Chen wasn't there to help him, instead of going home he wondered around the streets by himself lost in thought.

When Sehun found him it was raining and Baekhyun was in the nearby park, drenched and absolutely miserable. The second he saw Sehun he clung to him and cried his heart out, even though he told himself he wouldn't cry again, he figured since it was Sehun it was fine.

That was when Baekhyun started becoming the diva and honest person they all know today. HunHan and Chen were very confused and conflicted by the change in personality but Sehun figured out that was the red-head's way of cope with everything.

He told the others and they understood, learning how to deal with it. Doesn't mean it's easy but they help each other when Baekhyun goes too far. They love him too much to hurt him or be angry at him for too long. 

Luhan sighed after calming down a bit, "I'm going to get ready" He stated going towards the bathroom, stopping in the doorway to glance at Sehun with a smirk, "Care to join?" He suggested not wanting to be away from Sehun.

Sehun smirked, deciding to join the other. To save water and time. *Wink*Wink*

 

Baekhyun exited his room after getting changed, Chen suggested wearing leather pants and a white v-neck, putting eye-liner on (even though nobody was going to see). He also put on a couple of accessories, a chain necklace, and a couple of bracelets. 

Chen made a simple dinner, knowing Baekhyun doesn't eat a lot when he is nervous or is about to do something important. HunHan came out of their room(sehun stays a lot), and they ain't quickly when they noticed the time.

When they finished Luhan and Chen put their jackets on (the racing ones), and they left the apartment. "Chen you ride with Baek and Luhan will ride with me to avoid questions and suspicious" Sehun explain to Baekhyun, he nodded but he was worried about something.

He looked at the taller, "There are going to be questions when they realize you guys know me, especially with Chen arriving with me" Baekhyun stated worriedly glancing at the others.

"He's right, he and Chen are always together" Luhan stated worriedly, Sehun cursed silently.

"The only ones bound to know are Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. Your other teammates shouldn't notice and Kai is slow on figuring things out" Chen stated knowingly, using Jongin's nickname. Everyone nodded, getting into the respective cars.

Baekhyun rolled down the window, Luhan rolling his down. "Let's do this" The red-head stated smirking and they left for the race.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jongin decided to attend the race tonight, not having anything better to do that night. He didn't bring Jungkook this time because he wasn't in his right mind to take care of him right now. 

Ever since he saw Baekhyun at 'Panda & Penguin', he couldn't stop thinking about him. He's changed a lot, even though they haven't spoken. Jongin was blown away by his appearance, he's still as beautiful as he remembers. He has grown up well Jongin thought smiling softly.

Thoughts of their past kept him up at night, causing him to be grumpy the next day but Jongin couldn't help it, seeing the red-head hit him hard. He wished he could go back and change everything but he knew it w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter