Ch 6

Masked Racer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A few days later)

The event Jongin and Taemin have been practicing for has finally arrived, and they have been practicing at unnatural hours day and night. It was the only way they could practice because Jongin was busy dealing with other company situations and making sure everything for the event was perfect.

Luckily for Jongin, Sehun offered to help on some of his days off allowing Jongin to practice and get the rest he needed. Right now Jongin was in his dressing room getting ready, he had just finished getting his makeup and hair done.

Now he was getting changed, he was only in his pants and he was about to put a see-through shirt on but stopped mid-way looking at himself in the mirror. On the right side of his stomach, he had a tattoo. He brought his arms down slowly, he remembered getting that tattoo. It was for his and Baekhyun's second anniversary.

Jongin never got to show him, it was of a heart with angel wings and it had 'My Baekkie Baby' written in the center of the heart in fancy writting. He smiled sadly, he never once regretted getting it. His ex-wife complained about it a lot but Jongin didn't care what she thought, it was all that was left from that time, well other than his feelings.

He sighed snapping out of his thoughts at the call of his name. He put his shirt on, tucking it in and turning around. Sehun and Luhan greeted him, they brought Jungkook with them. Jongin smiled taking Jungkook from Luhan momentarily before he had to give him back.

"You excited?" Sehun asked for good measure, patting him on the back. Luhan smiled encouragingly at him. Jongin nodded, adjusting Jungkook in his arms.

"Yea, Taemin is doing most of it though" Jongin informed, thankful that Taemin suggested something where he wouldn't have to stress over. It's been a few years since he's danced afterall.

Sehun nodded in understanding. Someone informed Jongin that it was getting close to his stage (their doing 'pretty boy'). Jongin nodded, grabbing the leather jacket he was going to wear.

They all went to Taemin who was waiting, Jongin still caring his son, who was playing with the chain necklace he was wearing. HunHan greeted Taemin and they talked for a bit before HunHan and Jungkook had to go sit down with Tao and Lay.

The previous performers finished and Taemin got into place, the fans went crazy. Jongin sighed trying to calm his nervous. When it was time he went on stage to perform.

Sehun had Jungkook on his shoulder, so that he could see his fathers performance. The kid was kicking his legs and flailing his arms around excitedly. Sehun was a punching and kicking bag for him but the taller let him be, begrudgedly.

Luhan was cheering loudly with Tao and Lay was filming it at the request of Jongin and Sehun's parents, they had a photoshoot to attend to in Jeju w/ Heechul.

Jongin and Taemin's performance ended with a standing ovation, everyone was going crazy. They were happy to see Jongin performing again and with Taemin. They bowed thanking everyone, the other performers came on and they did the final ment.

"Come on" Sehun exclaimed over the noise, wanting to go backstage. Tao and Lay nodded, Sehun glanced at Luhan when he didn't answer, the blonde was texting someone. Sehun told the other two to go on ahead of them.

Sehun nudged him, looking at him expectantly. Luhan looked up quickly sending the message. Luhan had nodded having caught what Sehun said, but he noticed Sehun's face, he must not have seen he thought.

"That was Baekkie" He informed him as they started going towards the entrance to backstage. Sehun nodded, "What did he want?" He asked curiously, keeping Jungkook in place on his shoulders.

"He went to Karaoke with Chen and Chansoo, he was informing me that they arrived safely" He explained after they got passed security, walking up to Tao and Lay who were waiting for them.

"Oh cool, better not do anything illegal" Sehun stated knowing how some karaokes can be, Luhan laughed at how parental he sounded.

"I'll tell him that" Luhan said smirking, Sehun nodded his head telling him do that. Luhan couldn't stop laughing.

To: Baekkie

From: Lu

Sehun said no illegal activity xD

Luhan sent it, still laughing. Sehun glared at him playfully, Luhan stopped smiling cheekily at him. Sehun shook his head at him.

They found Jongin and Taemin amongst the other staff members. The two excused themselves to talk to their friends.

"Bro, you did amazing" Tao congratulated when they got closer. Jongin beamed happily.

"Thanks man" they shared a high-five, Jongin turned to thank HunHan and Lay for coming as well.

"Of course, wouldn't miss it for the world" Sehun told him sweetly, maybe too sweet because Jongin cringed at how nice he was being. Sehun scowled at his expression, pushing him lightly in the shoulder causing Jongin burst out laughing.

HunHan went with Jongin back to his dressing room, Tao and Lay went with Taemin to his, agreeing to celebrate at a resturant, Sehun even declared, he would pay. While they were waiting for Jongin to change, Luhan's phone went off, he unlocked it to read the message he just received, he laughed.

To: Lu

From: Baekkie

Tell him I said Yes father!! xD

Luhan laughed at their shared thoughts, showing Sehun the reply, the taller looked proud of himself. Luhan shook his head at him in amusement.

When Jongin finished they all went to the nearest resturant and celebrated via Sehun bank account. Let's just say he regretted agreeing to pay. It was almost as bad as paying for Baekhyun's shopping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At karaoke night, Baekhyun put his phone down after reading Luhan's reply.

From: Lu

To: Baekkie

xD stay safe and have fun xoxo.

Baekhyun just sent a heart emoji back to him. Chen and Chanyeol were currently fighting over who was going to sing next, resulting in childish bickering. He shook his head wondering why he suggested Karaoke when these two are always like this. Kyungsoo returned with food and drinks. sitting down next to Baekhyun, judging the other two as he did.

"There still going at it?" The shorter questioned, Baekhyun nodded grabbing his food and started eating, "Yep" he answered in between chewing. Kyungsoo grimaced at him and gave him a napkin, the other took it smiling gratefully.

"So, what was with the racing stunt?" Kyungsoo asked remembering Baekhyun never explained to him and Chanyeol. Baekhyun looked at him, swallowing what was in his mouth giving the shorter his attention.

"I wanted to do it," Baekhyun stated simply hoping it was enough but Kyungsoo gave him a blank look that told him to explain further, so he did.

"My father is forcing me to be the CEO of his company" Kyungsoo scrunched his face up in annoyance, he knows Baekhyun did NOT want to do that and he even voiced it. "I know, he wouldn't listen, so this is what I have decided to do, behind his back" Baekhyun finished looking at Kyungsoo expectantly.

Kyungsoo thought about it "So your rebelling? seriously couldn't you have just went and spoke to him?" He scolded knowing that there could have been a better option.

"And be ignored again? No thanks" Baekhyun said sassily, he hated being ignored and the fact his father deliberately ignored his hatred towards the position, frustrates him greatly.

Kyungsoo shook his head, he wouldn't want to be ignored about something he didn't want to do, although Baekhyun does it a lot. This is too much, forcing someone to do a job they don't want to do is cruel.

"Alright, just be careful" Kyungsoo warned him, not wanting to see him get hurt. Baekhyun smiled reassuringly at him.

"I will, beside you'll be there to make sure of that, Luhan and Chen as well" Baekhyun stated knowingly. "You know it" Kyungsoo told him, smiling softly.

He looked at Baekhyun thinking about something else. "What are you going to do about Kai?" He questioned forgetting Baekhyun doesn't know Jongin's nickname, which is why he looked at him questioning.

Kyungsoo cursed himself, "Jongin is 'Kai', we all started calling him that when he started racing and dancing professionally" He informed the red-head, to which Baekhyun nodded taking the information in.

"I'm just going to let things play out" Baekhyun told him what he told Luhan.

"Do you want anything specific to happen? Anything positive? Negative?" He questioned wanting to know his true intentions. Baekhyun looked at him, thinking about it.

"Something positive hopefully? I don't want to say specifics and be disappointed later" He answered unsure, a small smile on his face. Kyungsoo nodded understandingly, he looked at the others who had decided to sing a song together. Kyungsoo stared at Chanyeol for a bit, he was happy with the taller, even if he gets on his nerves sometimes.

He turned back to Baekhyun, who had resumed eating. "Jongin always talked about you and thinks about you all the time" Kyungsoo told him hoping it would help him, Baekhyun could worry unnecessarily about things.

Baekhyun smiled and hugged him, "Thank you soo" he said gratefully. "No problem" Kyungsoo responded back, trying to pushing him off him. They called the dimwits to eat and they talked about what they were going to do for the rest of break, Baekhyun answering rest and shopping, to which Chen declined right away.

"But why~" Baekhyun whined, pout visible on his face. Chen looked at him like he was stupid, "One no shopping, Luhan said and two we are going to do something not just being lazy" He told him sternly. 

"Fine.. but we better do something fun" Baekhyun surrendered looking at him pointedly, Chen nodded smiling widely promising him that. They all finished eating, sang a few more songs and went home after.

They all went to bed as soon as they got home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a friday morning and Baekhyun was lounging on the couch catching up on his drama. He didn't bother getting dressed having no plans to do anything. Except the world had other plans. His phone went off, he groaned check it

It was his mother, he answered it, "Hi mommy" He greeted not taking his eyes off the TV. 

"Hi dear, sorry to disturb you but can you watch your brother for me?" Baekhyun sat up, there goes his lazy friday.

"Yeah, I'll just take him to the mall or something" Baekhyun agreed, he always went to the mall when he babysitted his brother easiest way to entertain him, Baekhyun would bring him to the play area and when Minseok would get bored they would go to the trampoline place. 

Baekhyun is definitely Minseok's favorite for this reason, but Luhan would disagree stating that the trampoline place was dangerous and that he can't just take him to the mall everytime he babysits him.

 Baekhyun ignored the last part and besides he goes on the trampolines with his baby brother and the kid has never gotten hurt. Well except that one time when he almost bounced him off the trampoline but Baekhyun caught him before anything could happen.

"Great, be careful ok?" Heechul told him, knowing what Baekhyun does with Minseok. Baekhyun scowled going to get ready and turning off the TV.

"Of course, am I picking him up?" Baekhyun asked walking into the bathroom, turning on the shower. He sat on the bathtub, waiting.

"Yes if you would, the head maid will have him" Heechul answered informing him of that detail. Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows, looking around.

"Where's father?" Baekhyun asked as he undress figuring he would need to be quick, he stepped in the shower avoiding the water.

"In China, he had to take care of business there" Heechul informed him, Baekhyun beamed at the news, "So no training?" He asked hopefully, Heechul laughed, "Yes no training" Baekhyun yelled happily, "Alright bye mom, got to shower so I can go pick Min up" he bid his mother goodbye. 

He showered, got ready and was out the door in record time. He drove to his parents house, in case your wondering Luhan is at work and Chen went to visit his family. So it's just him, which he doesn't mind the peace and quiet at home, until this came up.. He thought stubbornly.

He parked next to his fathers car when he arrived, his mother or the butler must have dropped him off at the airport. He walked up to the door and knocked. A maid answered the door, she bowed taking him to where his brother and the head made are.

"Baekkie hyung~" Minseok yelled, running when he saw him. Baekhyun smiled taking off his sunglasses, he picked his brother up.

"Ready to go have fun?" He asked cheerfully, Minseok nodded, "Are we going to the jumpy place?" He asked happily, Baekhyun chuckled before nodding,

"Of course, we always go there" Baekhyun told him like it was the most obvious thing ever, which it was. The head gave him, a bag with Minseok's things and a cooler with lunch in it. He thanked her, he but the bag over his shoulder putting the cooler on his arm. He was going to pick up Minseok's carseat but realized his hands were full.

He turned to the maid smiling sheepishly, she laughed softly offering to help. He smiled gratefully and they went to his car, she put the carseat in the front seat, Luhan would tell him it wasn't safe but it was the only way plus he has a carseat. He thanked the maid before she went back inside. He buckled Minseok, placing the bag and cooler on the floor.

"Ready?' He asked smiling widely, when he got a fast nod he chuckled closing the door and getting in the drivers seat. Baekhyun connected his phone to his car radio and put the disney playlist on, they always listened to disney songs. It was there t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter