Ch 8

Masked Racer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a week after ChenBaekSoo graduation and everyone attended including Lay and Tao. Baekhyun was more than happy to be done with school, but unfortunately he started his full time training at his fathers company.

He rarely shows up, trying to make it clear that he is NOT interested in taking over Hangeng's company.

Anyway it's a sunday and Baekhyun is watching Minseok again. The blonde, he dyed it yesterday, decided to stay home, watch cartoons and pig-out. They were watching a movie, well Minseok was, Baekhyun was texting Jongin. 

Baekhyun sat upright at the reply Jongin just sent, he asked what he was doing.

KimJonginnie:

It's Jungkooks birthday today and I'm about to head out to get things for his party and a gift.

Baekhyun had an idea, he quickly typed a message and sent it.

Baekkie: 

Really?? Can Minseok and I come with you??

Baekhyun waited for him to answer, already getting up to get ready, knowing the answer already.

KimJonginnie:

Of course, in fact you two can come to his party, he would love it.

Baekhyun beamed, and sent a text back asking for Jongin's address. He told Minseok about the change in plans and he was happy. They were ready quickly, Baekhyun already changed because he had to pick up Minseok.

The blonde pulled into the underground parking of Jongin and Sehun's place (after Jongin sent the info) shortly after, he parked next to Jongin's car. Baekhyun grabbed his belongings (phone, wallet, keys, etc), He got out and went to the other side to get Minseok out.

Baekhyun picked up Minseok's bag, putting his stuff in it and closed the car door, making sure to lock it. Minseok didn't want to be picked up when asked so he just held his hand and they went to the elevator.

Minseok pushed all the respective buttons to get to Jongin's floor, when they got to the floor Baekhyun check his phone to see which number it was. 

Baekhyun told his little brother and Minseok started looking for it, they always play games like this where they see who can find something quicker. It usually for a place they're going to.

He was still looking when Minseok shouted down the hallway, "I found it!" he exclaimed happily, Baekhyun cringed at how loud he was being. He walked over 'shushing' him as he did.

"Good Job, I'll get you something later, Alright?" Baekhyun told Minseok, promising to get him a price. He checked to make sure the number on the door matched the one on the message.

He was about to ring the door bell but Minseok insisted on doing it, he sighed and lifted him up so he could. Baekhyun waited before placing Minseok on the ground. Hearing rusling behind the door, He chuckled still clumsy..

When the door was almost thrown open, Baekhyun was not prepared for the image he got when Jongin opened the door. He's shirtless!... He screamed internally, blushing madly.

Minseok just stood there quietly. Baekhyun's eyes started roaming over the taller, he certainly has been working out a lot since the last time he saw him like this.

He was impressed, he froze when his eyes landed on the tattoo on Jongin's stomach (or side). Baekhyun looked up at Jongin expectantly, the taller had noticed his expression and honestly he wanted the other to see it.

"Jongin.. wha... why?" Baekhyun was having a hard time figuring out what to say and that's all he could really think of.

Jongin smiled at him and invited them in before he explained. Minseok hugged Jongin around his leg, the taller laughed before ruffling the kids hair affectionately.

Baekhyun entered, "Make yourself comfortable, I'll go get changed real quick" Jongin told them, heading to his bedroom but not before making sure the other heard him, when Baekhyun nodded he entered his bedroom.

Baekhyun looked around and sat down on one of the sofas to wait, Minseok started playing with Vivi, Sehun's puppy. He brings him over a lot and most of the time, Minseok is over at the twins and Chen's.

Both Minseok and Vivi got up on the couch next to Baekhyun, he petted the fluff-ball when they did. His mind was still on the tattoo Jongin has, Baekhyun'd mind started wondering into uncomfortable territory, so he decided to focus on Vivi

Jongin came back out fully-clothed and with his phone and wallet. He sat down on the other couch, Baekhyun realized something "Where's Jungkook?" He asked curiously.

"With Sehun and Luhan, they took him to the amusement park, so that I can go to the store, this is all sorta last minute" Jongin explained, he had been busy all week but luckily Jungkook kept asking about it so he remembered and got everyone to help.

"Lay and Tao are at my parents house setting up everything for it, I'm getting the cake and utensils" Jongin informed, wanting Baekhyun to know as much as possible, an old habit.

"And a gift of course" Baekhyun reminded him, laughing softly. Jongin smiled nodding, "Yeah" Baekhyun chuckled feeling comfortable again, he looked at Jongin smiling expectantly.

"When did you get it?" He questioned, Baekhyun knew he didn't have to say specifics especially when its about something from before. Jongin has never forced him to elaborate on a topic that he wasn't comfortable with or was awkward about.

"Before. It was for our second anniversary" Jongin told him honestly, staring intently at Baekhyun. The shorters eyes widened in surprise, he wasn't expecting that. They stared at each other, Baekhyun broke it when his eyes started tearing No. No. NO! Not now. He scolded himself.

Jongin smiled sympathetically, "I never got to show you, until now" He told him even though it was obvious, he looked at Minseok, he was playing with Vivi. He went and sat down on the couch next to Baekhyun.

Jongin held the shorters hands looking at them, "I have never once regretted getting it" He informed him softly, Baekhyun looked at him teary-eyed, this was a lot for him, and his brain couldn't keep up with his heart. Jongin wiped away the tear that fell down his cheek, smiling sweetly at him.

He wanted to do something else but "We should get going" Jongin said noticing the time, Baekhyun nodded wiping his face subtly.

"Can I use your bathroom?" He asked softly, wanting to take a breather and also he really needed to go. Jongin nodded pointing at the door near Sehun's. Baekhyun nodded, he looked at Vivi and then at Jongin as he walked over.

"Can we bring Vivi?" Baekhyun asked not wanting to leave him here, Jongin looked at the dog. He never brings Vivi anywhere, mainly because the dog doesn't like him.

"Uh, sure ask Sehun though" Jongin told him hesitantly, he wasn't so sure how this would go. Baekhyun seemed happy about it though as he ran back to get his phone and then ran into the bathroom locking it behind him.

Jongin arched his eyebrow at his excitement before laughing softly, he decided to get everything together andVivi's harness since it was a guaranteed Sehun would say 'yes' to Baekhyun.

After Baekhyun finished going to the bathroom and texting Sehun, he splashed water on his face and stared at himself in the mirror. What is going on with you Baekhyun.. He asked himself. His heart was feeling funny lately and today just hit the marker.

A thought crossed his mind suddenly, eyes widening he looked up slowly. He nodded slightly, My feelings haven't Changed.. He acknowledged, Not that I'm surprised.

His phone went off, Sehun messaged him back. He picked it up, not worrying about his feelings right now.

Sehunnie:

Sure...but why are you at my apartment?? 

Baekhyun beamed happy they could bring Vivi.

DivaBaek:

YAY!!

Jongin told me about Jungkook's bday today and I offered to help him with the party, he even invited Minseok and I :-)

He informed him, exiting the bathroom after flushing. "He said yes" Baekhyun exclaimed beaming happily. 

Knew it.. Jongin thought as he handed Baekhyun the leash, he already got Vivi ready, it was easier since Minseok had him distracted. They were soon out the door, Minseok holding Jongin's hand and Vivi with Baekhyun.

They made it down to the parking lot and both decided to take Jongin's car, it has a backseat and Baekhyun secretly wanted to see him drive. Well, he's seen the taller drive but not in his current car.

Jongin helped Minseok in the back while Baekhyun sat in the passenger seat with Vivi, after he gave Minseok his bag. Jongin got in and they made their way to the nearest store to get everything they needed to get plus gifts for Jungkook.

~~~~~~~

 A little bit later, they got everything Jongin needed for the birthday party and they all got gifts for Jungkook.

The entire time Baekhyun was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter