1.13

Unknown Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon POV

 

“Kwon Eunbi, I gave you 15 minutes to take your clothes… it starts, now.”

“what the? Kang Hyewon!”

“you heard me Eunbi… 15 minutes, now go.”

“no! why would I do that?”

 

It was dark and Hyewon can barely see her face under the streetlamp. there is a silence filling in the tension arouse between the girls. Hyewon knows that it was a bit ridiculous to take Eunbi home with her because they both are still in knowing each other process. However, Hyewon can’t help it. she certainly wouldn’t want Eunbi to stay alone in that big house.

 

“okay then that’s it, im staying.” Said Hyewon while unfastened her helmet and pretend to hop off the bike.

“what? No! Hyewon! What are you doing?” Eunbi is panicking. She doesn’t feel like it’s necessary for Hyewon to sleep over her place.

“you refuse to come with me so im staying. Its not a big deal.”

“no Hyewon. I don’t want to come with you nor im gonna let you sleep with me, in my house.”

“who said I want to sleep with you?”

“ugh! Okay let me paraphrase that, I don’t want to come with you nor im GONNA LET YOU SLEEP IN MY HOUSE!” Eunbi tried to emphasise the second option just to receive a smirk from Hyewon.

“okay, I won’t sleep I promise. I will just stay in your living room and playing with my phone til morning. Okay?”

“ugh for god sake Hyewon why are you so stubborn?”

“I feel bad for leaving knowing that you are going to be alone tonight…”

“…………”

 

Should I just leave? It seems like she really hates it. But how can I possibly go home in peace knowing that she is alone tonight and for the rest of the week. Huh, Kwon Eunbi, can you please make things easier for me?

 

“fine! Im coming!” Eunbi give in.

“huh? Hyewon is a bit puzzled but she heard Eunbi clearly. Slowly her face carved a smile but Hyewon tried to hold it back.

“you heard me once Kang Hyewon. Im coming with you, but just tonight! Its getting late and to keep standing outside and bickering with you is the last thing I want to do. Now wait here, I will go in and take some of my clothes.”

“hehehe, that’s my girl. Okay then, take your time. I will be waiting here; your wish is my command.” Hyewon grinned looking at Eunbi who is pouting. In less than a second Eunbi is lost behind the door.

 

Zzzzz! Zzzzz! Zzzzz!

 

Hyewon can feel her phone vibrating inside her pocket. She took her phone out and look at the screen to see Madam Young Ae name pop out the screen. Haa, what a great timing. Hyewon said to herself.

 

“Hello mom?” Hyewon answer the call immediately.

“Hyewon-ah, where are you? Im home since 6 pm and you are still not here…”

“im currently at my friend’s house. Just 5 houses down. I will be home in 10 to 15 minutes.”

“you should’ve let me know, im worried ya know. Glad that you are okay.” Hyewon can trace the agonize in Madam Young Ae’s voice. She knows that it was very unlikely for her to go out until late at night alone. Therefore, Hyewon can understand how worried her mom would be.

“im sorry mom, I will let you know next time okay? Btw mom, I want to inform you that I’ll be bringing one of my friends to sleep over tonight. She is staying alone for the whole week since her parents went back to their hometown, so I insist that she is staying with us. Is that okay mom?”

“sure honey, I would love to. Just came home okay? I cooked your favourite dish so be home faster.” Answered Madam Young Ae excitedly.

“okay thanks mom. I heart you…”

“I heart you too baby…”

 

Hyewon ended the call and put the phone back in her pocket. Hyewon take a look around the neighbourhood and there is not even a single soul passing by. Hyewon glad that she contends Eunbi to come with her. It was a cold night and Hyewon were left with just a thin white tshirt. She then lightly leans on her bike with her foot playing with the pebbles she found on the road.

 

Approximately after 10 minutes of waiting, Hyewon heard the sound of a door being closed. In no time Eunbi came out from the gate and approaching her. Eunbi changed from wearing her black leathered jacket to a simple purple coloured sweater. She had the hoodie over her head and Hyewon smiled because she looks effortlessly cute in that sweater.

 

“Here, took this. I saw you keep rubbing your hands from up there. It’s a bit cold tonight. Im sorry I didn’t think of it before…” said Eunbi while giving the jacket back to the rightful owner. Eunbi can clearly see Hyewon from her room in the second floor. She feels bad for her so she tried to pack her things as fast as she can.

“its okay, not a big deal.” Hyewon then wear the jacket and put on her helmet. She passes another helmet to Eunbi only to receive a protest.

“can I not wear this? you told me that your house was 5 houses down.”

“nah uh. Safety first… come let me help you…” Hyewon took the helmet from Eunbi’s hand and put it on her.

“you sure do nag a lot, don’t you? Huh, Hyewon halmeoni…”

“aip, im not. Safety first, okay? Now lets go. My mom is waiting for us…”

 

 

Hyewon parked her bike next to Madam Young Ae’s car. She then enters the house followed by Eunbi behind. This is her first time to have someone staying in her house. Back then, the only person who ever visit to Hyewon’s house was Minami. but then that was a mere visit and Minami has never sleep over her house.

 

“mom, im home…” Hyewon said loudly to notify her mom that she was at the front. Hyewon took off her sneakers and Eunbi followed her.

“omo, who is this pretty lady we have here?” Madam Young Ae was elated to see Eunbi. She then rushes to the two girls and passed by Hyewon who was trying to hug and kiss her mom, which is their ritual whenever they see each other after a long day. “aigoo, you are so pretty. What is your name?”

“my name

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter