1.12

Unknown Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“what are we doing here?” asked Eunbi, confused.

Hyewon turn off the engine and hop off the bike. Eunbi who is still on the bike looking at her with super puzzled look.

“I just want to sit and talk with you for a while. I will send you home right after…” Hyewon seems to understand what is on Eunbi’s mind without her having to say anything. Hyewon reach for Eunbi’s hand, helping her to hop off the bike. She then unfastened the helmet that Eunbi wear and put it in the bike compartment. Without further ado, Hyewon went to the nearest bench at the park followed by Eunbi. She smiled looking at people who is minding their own business. Eunbi who is currently sitting on her right remain silent, waiting for Hyewon to start the conversation.

“do you know which time of the day I like the best?” Hyewon suddenly blurt out a question after plus minus five minutes silence since they sat on that bench. Eunbi turn her head and look at Hyewon. She had no idea what is going on, but she tried to take a wild guess, somehow not wanting to disappoint the girl in front of her.

“hmm, now?” they just knew each other like less than a week and there is no way Eunbi would know more about Hyewon other than her name.

“yes. Throughout the day, I love dusk the most…” Hyewon glance and throw a smile to Eunbi before she looks back to the strangers passing by in front of them.

“do you want to tell me why?” Eunbi carefully ask Hyewon. It seems like Hyewon is in a deep thought. She is unsure whether Hyewon want to talk to her or simply enjoying the silence in between.

“because it was the happiest time of the day to most people. At least that is what I believed…” Hyewon paused for a second before proceed to speak her mind. “at this hour, people get off from work, they went home after a tiring day, some of them went out at this hour to spend time with their beloved person or pet. Some of them get off from work with anticipation of having a good dinner with co-worker, some of them just doing things they love to do. Some people shut the door to their self at this hour after spending most of the day talking to another people. Some people had this hour fully to their self. Many thoughts it was better at night, before we went to sleep. But truth is, it was the best at dusk because we just finish our day and tomorrow still feels like a day away…”

“wow, I never knew you had that in you Hyewon-ah…”

“haha im sorry. I talk a lot, didn’t i?”

“nah, that was great. I never see life in that perspective before. You sure mature than you look…”

“is that a compliment or should I feel offended?”

“hahaha, if you might choose, please take it as a compliment. I mean it…”

 

Hyewon smiled at her remark. Everything seems to be fast that it feels unreal. She is unsure whether she should feel happy but up to this moment, Hyewon knew that, sitting here with Eunbi made her feels like . in a good way. She just wants to spill everything to Eunbi and when she said everything, it means everything.

 

“want to know one more reason I love dusk?” Hyewon turn her body, looking at Eunbi in her eyes. Eunbi can feel her heart beating so loud but she tried to not make it obvious. She is uncertain about her feelings at the moment. Everything that Hyewon do, will cause her to feel anxious.

 

“what is it?” Eunbi asked, trying to hide her trembling voice.

“the fact that we both are sitting here, at my favourite hour, in my favourite frame, is all I need to add more good reason to love this hour…”

“hm what do you mean? I don’t get it…”

“I love to picture myself sitting at the corner, while looking at people passing by. I love that feeling when I feel so calm but there is so much on mind. It makes me wonder, if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter