Why are you here?

White nocturnes
Please log in to read the full chapter

2,552 words

Basically 2.5k vomit of fluffiness because I need it okay? Don't judge me I was (and still am) in my numb depressive state and this is the result. 

 

Sunggyu is getting overly sappy to coax the mighty Nam Woohyun.

(Prepare to cringe.)

 

 

“Why are you here?” There’s a hidden uneasiness in his voice that is overlooked completely by the sleepy Sunggyu.

Sunggyu lazily lifts his head up, with one eye closed. He can barely sees what’s in front of him. “I'm hungry,” is what he says next. He misses the crease forming on the forehead of the other guy. Too sleepy to notice.

Woohyun leans over the threshold, folding his arms. What are you doing here? Woohyun has meaning to ask, but instead he asks, “What are you eating?”

Sunggyu shrugs, clearly too tired to answer or do anything at the moment it seems. He lifts the spoonful of dry cereal, only to miss his mouth, opt to shove it to the space between his nose and mouth instead. Sunggyu wants nothing but sleep at the moment, but his hungry stomach is preventing him from doing so. He has never went to sleep hungry before. Solely because Woohyun would always ensure that he’d take his meals every single time.

Woohyun frowns deepens. He pushes himself off the door and walks towards his fridge, rummaging the inside for eggs, bread, salad and dressing. He pulls the items out and puts them on the counter. He works in swift, making a simple sandwich using the ingredients.

The indescribable emotions filling the atmosphere as Woohyun works in silence.

Woohyun lets out a sigh, silently punishing himself for being weak with Sunggyu. He knows that Sunggyu has access of the password to his house and he has always treated Woohyun’s house like his own before. Woohyun vice versa. (They’re flatmates.) But considering their souring relationship, Woohyun didn’t expect to see Sunggyu to show up too soon. And he has wanted to kick the older guy out, but instead of doing so, he’s preparing him his food.

During that time though, Sunggyu has stopped trying to feed himself the dry cereal with obvious knowledge that Woohyun is making him food, and watches him silently with one barely open eye. It’s not helping that his brain is too tired to accumulate a clear thought. If not, he would have realized the fact that they were in a fight just the evening before. And the fact that he showed up uninvited in Woohyun’s house is a frowned upon by the younger man. But somehow, he couldn’t say a word.

Sunggyu is not to blame completely though. Since his first impulse, his first everything, would associate with the said man working on the food he’s making. It’s like his first instinct is to run to Woohyun whenever he faced a difficulty. And sometimes it’s not even that big of difficulty. He rather enjoy Woohyun’s presence a lot in his life. It’s not like there aren’t food in his apartment unit. But it seems like his dependence on Woohyun is the problem too. In fact, it was their fight cause.

The clunk sound of plate is what startles Sunggyu from his daydream. He’s been in half conscious state and it only get worse within seconds. He mutters a soft ‘thank you’ at Woohyun for the food.

Woohyun doesn’t do much to reply him instead of small nod. That’s it. He doesn’t even wait for Sunggyu to finish eating or seeing him leaving as he walks out immediately. Not even announcing that he’s going to bed.

When Sunggyu has done eating and is about to walk back home, a blanket and a pillow is awaiting for him on the couch.

 

 

When Woohyun wakes up the next morning, the blanket remains unscathed but his pillow is nowhere to be seen. It’s not the first time the older man took his pillow so it doesn’t even faze him anymore.

There’s a note on the blanket, written on a torn paper from Woohyun’s notebook that he always keep in the living room; in the drawer, second last. Sunggyu knows where it was. Sunggyu knows where everything was.

‘I’m sorry.’ Is what written in a neat handwriting. As if the person who wrote it down put so much effort in writing those short message. He probably was.

The paper feels crisp underneath Woohyun’s fingertips. He flips the flimsy paper back and forth and later, huffs visibly.

Neither of them is good at apologizing.

He leaves to work after washing the dirty plate he made sandwich for Sunggyu last night. 

The note from before lays on top of his cabinet. Unscathed.

 

 

When Woohyun comes back home later that night, he almost expected Sunggyu to be in his house, watching his recorded TV show. Like he always has for the past year.

Woohyun has to hide his disappointment when there’s no one presents in his house. Even when there’s literally no one to witness that, but showing his raw emotion after a year of schooling them in front of the certain person, he’s bound to revert back to his old habit.

If, only he remains emotionless, and not confess his undying love to the said man, things wouldn’t have change between them. He almost regretted taking the dumb dare from the older man few months ago.

What has been done cannot be undone apparently.

It always seem like Sunggyu doesn’t love him as much as he does. Like Woohyun is the one who loves more. Moreover, Sunggyu has never said ‘I love you’ as much as he did. And yesterday, all hell break loose when Woohyun confronted him about it and Sunggyu couldn’t quip a reply soon enough. Almost as if he was doubting his own feelings towards Woohyun, he just stood there, frozen.

And that was the last straw for Woohyun. He couldn’t just brush off the hurt inflicted to him from Sunggyu’s action. With a disappointed look, Woohyun had asked for a break from his boyfriend, and being the dumb man he is, Sunggyu just walked away without trying to amend his blunder. But then he appeared again in his house later last night, which just proved it even further how selfish he was. Woohyun wanted nothing but scream at him but he was so so tired. For more than just a reason.

Maybe,

Please log in to read the full chapter