Sunggyu is feeling homesick

White nocturnes
Please log in to read the full chapter

--- 

The phone rings once, twice, thrice, before Woohyun picks it up and slide it to answer without seeing the caller id. He knows the ringtone by heart now. The deep raspy voice greets him.

“Nam Woonie~” 

Sunggyu sounds drunk.

“Eo hyung? Are you drunk? You sound drunk.” He unlocks his front door, switching the phone to the other hand in doing so.

“Nam Woonie, hyung is hungry.” 

A smile graces on Woohyun’s face unconsciously.

“Are you home hyung?” 

The sound of cloth rustling, before it stops again. Woohyun reckons the man on the other side of the call must have changed his position.

“Eung.” Sunggyu says, cutely so Woohyun dare say. It’s a rare occurrence. It comes sometimes when he’s dead tired or wanting something from Woohyun.  

Before Woohyun reply however, the deep voice speaks again, “Are you home Hyunnie?”

What’s with the myriad nicknames tonight? 

“I just got back hyung.” Woohyun chuckles, “why?” 

“Just…” Sunggyu trails, as if in deep thinking. 

Woohyun recognized the  wont too quick than he’s willing to admit. He bites his lower lip in attempt to not smile stupidly wider to himself at the realization. 

“Want to have dinner together?” 

Woohyun finishes Sunggyu’s thought, practically listening into the man’s quicken breath. It’s been too long since their last meeting. Woohyun loves that he’s attentive to this kind of thing sometimes; of how Sunggyu’s mood change to joy at the simple suggestion. 

“Eung.” Sunggyu whispers breathlessly. “How do you know what I was about to ask you?” He’s smiling into the phone now. Woohyun can tell.

Woohyun shrugs playfully, “I know you.” 

Woohyun can hear Sunggyu’s quiet laugh behind the device. 

It’s a simple statement, but unyielding. Woohyun is far too confident in declaring how much he know about Sunggyu… to Sunggyu. 

“So where do you want to meet?” 

Woohyun clicks his tongue, pondering a bit. “Your home?” He makes a mental note to clean his own at that, reminded of the state of his messy house at the moment. He can’t possibly show this to Sunggyu, even after their years of living together in their trainee days. Well technically he can, Sunggyu wouldn’t mind, but he doesn’t want to. 

“Are you going to cook?” 

“Eo. You don’t want to?” Woohyun makes a beeline to the fridge. 

“Are you crazy? I’m missing your food so bad nowadays I think I’m homesick.” Sunggyu declares shamelessly.

Woohyun only has time to shyly laugh at his lover’s confession. Sunggyu is a lot more honest when he’s drunk.

“Only my food? You don’t miss the cook?” 

Woohyun rummages his fridge to find necessary items to bring to Sunggyu’s house. He ju

Please log in to read the full chapter