The Statue II

White nocturnes
Please log in to read the full chapter

1,566 words

Not really a continuation. I just needed this so bad. It's kinda stupid but I dont want to keep re-edit this. 

 

 

“Sunggyu?”

A head peek out of the doorway after. Sunggyu who’s being working on his computer brings his head up, noticing the curious face of Woohyun, clearly waiting for his permission to enter the room. It’s Sunggyu’s room to be exact, which also is his workroom and usually Sunggyu doesn’t allow anybody to enter the area without his permission or presence. Woohyun included.

“Can I come in?”

Something must have been bothering him since Woohyun rarely would disturb him when he’s working. Sunggyu nods and hums, straightening his body so that he won’t look like not giving his full attention to the man; his work can wait, Woohyun however, is always his first priority.

Woohyun looks like he’s contemplating for a second, but he enters the room nevertheless. He strides over to Sunggyu, fidgeting on his feet.

“Did you have a nightmare again?” Sunggyu starts, seeing the other man being reluctant.

Woohyun nods.

“The same one?”

Woohyun nods again.

Sunggyu hums, turning his chair that he’s facing Woohyun “Come here, you can sit on my laps.”

“W-What?” The man stutters. 

Sunggyu doesn’t reply despite the apparent reaction from Woohyun and instead coiling his hand around the man before he can leave, pulling him so that he gets to sit on his laps. The said man gasps, before carefully placing both his hands on the chair next to Sunggyu’s shoulders.

Woohyun is not used to Sunggyu showing affection towards him, more so when the said man was having a very hard time accepting Woohyun when they first met. Who wouldn’t though? When you unknowingly broke a hundred years myth, the first reaction would be you running away and not turning back ever again. Sunggyu however, did turn back.

Sunggyu studies Woohyun’s face silently. It’s hard not to when the former Prince is so charming and sweet. He’d admit he’s started to like him, but the timing hasn’t been right. Woohyun has been living with him since the incident at the monument. Thankfully they managed to evade all the press calls coming wanting to make their encounter headlines after a week or so. There’s nothing to report about, and people are not keen to report such news for long, afraid of public’s backlash over the same- relationship, which Sunggyu had successfully assure them it’s not the case. The tabloids have had reported the news as ‘friends can be soulmates too’ which many decided was better other than possible romantic relationship between two males.

Sunggyu doesn’t think it’s that a huge discovery too. He breaks the curse, so what? That doesn’t mean he’s in love with the Prince. Although Woohyun does think otherwise, and had tried to convince him too. But Sunggyu had made it clear he doesn’t have that kind of feeling towards Woohyun, and that he likes girls. And that has been two months since. Today, he’s not so sure anymore.

Woohyun has been a pleasant friend. He’s very polite, although sometimes his speech is still influenced by Joseon era, but Sunggyu has been teaching him what he deems appropriate way of speaking for nowadays era. Woohyun doesn’t clean that much: he blames it to his stone physics for centuries. Sunggyu begs to differ though. Sunggyu has taught him how to clean his own stuffs like doing his own laundry and fold them. Woohyun however, is quite lazy, so he used to order Sunggyu around, forgetting the fact he isn’t a Prince anymore. Sunggyu of course would nag him for that, a lot. The first few times, Woohyun would listen to him, but he started to make more questionable act so that Sunggyu would nag him over and over again. It almost seems like Woohyun likes to be nagged around.

They don’t sleep in the same room, for Sunggyu’s house on

Please log in to read the full chapter