Nam Woohyun is evil

White nocturnes
Please log in to read the full chapter

3,750 words.

A story told from the perspective of someone who thinks the protagonist is evil and must be stopped at any cost. 

 

 

“I swear Dongwoo-ah, he’s evil. I can see it.”

The said man makes the same protest face he’d make whenever Sunggyu goes around ranting his worry about the new teacher, Nam Woohyun, just because, ‘Did you see how he is always smiley around to anyone? There’s no soul who would be so willing to take care of students with that much happiness, only psychopath would,’ which Dongwoo replied with, ‘Yes because the only right way of dealing with kids are frowning and scowling all day right?’

Dongwoo got a punch in the stomach for the reply.

“Hyung, stop reading into it too much. Nam Woohyun-ssi is just a cheerful person, that’s all to it.”

Sunggyu gasps loudly, as if Dongwoo has just insulted himself. “Did you just told me that I’m wrong?”

“Yes hyung. You’re crazy.”

Sunggyu pulls a face. What happened to Dongwoo? He used to believe in everything Sunggyu said. This is all Nam Woohyun’s fault. Even Dongwoo, his kindest dongsaeng won’t believe in him anymore.

Why won’t no one believe him what he has to say about the new teacher? Nam Woohyun is just too perfect. He is polite and smiles a lot. He’s nice to everyone. There’s this one time, he rescued a fallen dog in the hole intended for garbage disposal, he’d been bitten by the scared dog and had to get shot for it, but he smiled throughout the whole ordeal. Many teachers and students praise him for his heroic act, but not Sunggyu though. Sunggyu can see through him like a clear water. No one would be all smiley after been bitten by a stranded dog, He has met too many guys like him, and all of them turn out to be evil. Sunggyu is absolutely sure that this guy is just the same, he can tell.

“Just you wait, I’ll prove it to you.” He mutters to himself sulkily.

 

---

 

“I’m pretty sure he’s plotting something Dongwoo-ah. Look at how he play soccer. Don’t you think he’s a little too perfect? No one is that nice and talented you know?”

They are now sitting on the bench outside the field. There has been soccer game between teachers running at the moment, for their school Sport’s Day. Dongwoo has just entered the bench after substituting his place with Teacher Kim Jaehyun, and he has to listen to the ridiculous accusation about Nam Woohyun coming from his hyung again.

Dongwoo rolls his eyes. “Seriously hyung. What kind of plot you think he has huh? Do you think he wants to take over this school or something?”

“Right? That’s what I’ve been thinking too. He’s going to earn everyone’s trust then he would change this school into some evil school or something.”

“Oh my god hyung! You’re seriously driving me crazy. Have you listened to yourself?”

“Why? I think I sound logical, if any. All of you guys have been blinded by his ploy. Believe me he isn’t what he looks like externally.”

Dongwoo face-palms himself. Really, there’s no stopping to his hyung once he firmly believe in something, once he has believed that he was stalked by a serial killer because his pot of flower has been knocked over. He claimed that no one has key to his apartment, therefore the only person who could do it was a serial killer. It turned out to be his neighbour’s cat. It entered his house when Sunggyu wasn’t home through the broken mirror in his balcony that Sunggyu has never gotten to fix.

And now for whatever reason, now, he believes Woohyun to be evil. It’s unlikely for him to stop unless he get solid evidence. What kind of evidence? Dongwoo has no idea in the slightest. There’s really no way of pleasing his friend.

“Why do you always talk about him if you hated him that much anyway? Do you like him or something?”

“What kind of rubbish thought is that? You’re saying that I like that Nam Woohyun guy?” Sunggyu says the word like it pains him too much. “Haha me? Never.”

“You know, people often say, don’t hate a person too much, or you’d end up liking them later.”

Sunggyu looks at Dongwoo with a look that says, ‘are you kidding me’.

“What? You’re the one who start talking nonsense hyung.” Dongwoo shrugs.

“Yeah but unlike you, I only talk the truth.”

They engage in silent argument for a fleeting moment before Dongwoo retreats. “Whatever you’re crazy hyung.” He says, dejected, already at the end of his wit to argue with the older man.

Sunggyu smugly smiles, accepting Dongwoo’s defeat as if he’s winning some award or something.

It is then when Hoya, the math teacher, kicks the ball too strongly and it swerves to the right, to where they both sit exactly. Dongwoo has managed to avoid the ball, but apparently, his friend is too busy analysing every Dongwoo’s movement to give a thought to his surrounding, resulting the ball to hit him on the head perfectly. The crash has been particularly hard that Sunggyu is sent backward from the bench he’s sitting on, adding another hit to his head by crashing onto the hard ground.

Sunggyu groans as his head spins around like a sickening kaleidoscope. He feels a pair of hands touching his body, and a voice asking him if he’s alright. For a moment, Sunggyu just wants to lie down on the ground, for two reasons particularly. One, he’s in pain, and two, he’s so ing ashamed. More so that he’s sure Nam Woohyun is witnessing all of it. He’s pretty sure the younger must have been laughing at him. He’s evil after all.

 “Teacher Jang, let me take him to the infirmary.” A voice offers. It’s the ing Nam Woohyun. Sunggyu doesn’t want that. He’d rather walk by himself even if that means that he has to crawl his way. Maybe faking to be fainted is better. Therefore, Dongwoo or Hoya would be forced to bring him to the school infirmary, then he’d be saved from Woohyun.

Sunggyu opens his eyes in hasty manner, to announce that he’s fine and there’s nothing to worry about when Woohyun’s face appear so proximately close to his face and he wants to sink further into the ground. Woohyun is looking at him with such worry in his eyes Sunggyu wants to scoff onto his face.

Although it seems that only he sees that, everyone else around him doesn’t share his concern at all, rather gushing around him, of ‘how kind Teacher Nam is’ and whatnot.

“Uh I’m fine.” Sunggyu says.

“What? You are not fine hyung.” Dongwoo interjects.

Sunggyu tries to glare a warning at his best friend, his dense best friend. “I’m fine.” He stresses again. “See.” He sits up rather brashly. For what? For his head to feel like it’s splitting into two. Be it that he’s standing, he would have toppled over in a heartbeat. Darn it.

They all must have notice the scrunch on his face because they all collectively sigh loudly.

“It’s okay Teacher Kim. It’s my fault for not receiving the ball and let it flew over to your direction. Let me bring you to the infirmary.” Woohyun offers again.

Not him again. Sunggyu almost groan aloud if not for the disapproved look everyone around him is wearing except the evil guy. Everyone knows all his issue with the evil Nam Woohyun and they have been trying to make him befriend the guy since day one. Not that it’s going to happen though. But for now, Sunggyu has to accept his kindness with a heavy heart. No one is willing to help him it seems. No one except for the Nam Woohyun.

 “Yes Teacher Kim. Go and get your head check. We don’t want to create commotion around the students.” The principal speaks next, leaving no way for Sunggyu to turn down the offer now.

Sunggyu climbs Woohyun’s back with apparent frown on his face. Although there’s no tell whether it comes from the pain or he’s just naturally that kind of person. Maybe both, with the probability weighted towards the latter option.

They walk out from everyone’s immediate sight and the match is continue again. Woohyun’s place is immediately replaced by the Biology teacher, Cha Hun. Luckily for Dongwoo since he can see the match peacefully now.

The walk to the infirmary has been silence mostly, with Sunggyu’s occasional grunts from being in pain. He’s being in such pain he doesn’t even considering Woohyun’s sweaty body. The usual Sunggyu would have been cranky in the pants right away.

Woohyun lays Sunggyu down on one of the bed, and after registering his name and the cause of the injury, the school nurse checks on him and announces that the injury isn’t serious and that he only has to take some painkiller and apply something cold to the bruise part. Although of course, being out cold the moment his head hit the pillow, Sunggyu is aware of none of the information, which leave Woohyun to take care of the man.

Woohyun thanks the school nurse for his assistance and receives the icepack with his trademark smile. The nurse then leave them both in the curtained area alone, continuing whatever his work left at, which isn’t much anyway, he just doesn’t want to be the one to attend to the injured teacher on the bed when there’s another person who’s willing enough to do his job for him. Everyone in the school knows and likes the new kind teacher.

Everyone but Sunggyu.

Sunggyu’s usual smart remarks that he w

Please log in to read the full chapter