Marry You

JJ Drabbles

They're in Jaebum's apartment on a rare evening off, sitting on the couch and sharing a bottle of wine. Neither of them are drunk, but they've both had enough to be pleasantly buzzed, conversation flowing as easily as always between them.

It's nearing midnight when Jinyoung stands up suddenly and holds a hand out to Jaebum with a grin. "May I have this dance?" he asks, and it's obvious that he's a little tipsy because while he would normally have no trouble keeping a straight face, right now he's clearly trying not to giggle.

"There's no music," Jaebum points out, even as he stands up and takes Jinyoung's hand without hesitation, mirroring Jinyoung's smile.

"You're a singer, aren't you, Jaebummie?" Jinyoung asks, his eyes shining with mischief. "So sing something."

"Oh, so you get to ask me to dance but I have to provide the music?" Jaebum returns playfully. "Last time I checked, I'm not the only singer around here."

"But I asked first," Jinyoung says, looking smug, and Jaebum wants to kiss that look right off Jinyoung's face - so he does.

"Hm, I guess you win," Jaebum says after pulling away, feeling pleased with himself as he takes in how dazed and flushed Jinyoung looks, as if Jaebum hasn't kissed him a hundred times before. "I'll sing for you."

"For us," Jinyoung corrects him, still sounding a little breathless from the kiss.

Jaebum smiles at that, pulling Jinyoung closer by the waist as he begins singing softly.

"It's a beautiful night,

we're looking for something dumb to do,

hey baby, I think I wanna marry you."

Jinyoung sighs contentedly as they sway on the spot together, his arms looped around Jaebum's shoulders. He smiles as he meets Jaebum's eyes and picks up where Jaebum left off.

"Is it the look in your eyes,

or is it this dancing juice?

Who cares, baby, I think I wanna marry you."

"You mean it?" Jaebum whispers, his lips brushing against Jinyoung's ear. "Because I do."

Jinyoung's breath catches as he draws away slightly to take in Jaebum's expression. "What, you think you want to marry me?"

"I know I do," Jaebum says, leaning closer so their foreheads rest against each other. "As long as you want to marry me, too."

There's a stretch of stunned silence before Jinyoung cups Jaebum's face in his hands and kisses him firmly. "Of course," he breathes, and Jaebum can see the beginnings of tears glinting in his eyes. "Of course I do."

"I wish I had thought to bring the ring out here, then," Jaebum says with a fond smile, his heart flooding with warmth.

"The ring?" Jinyoung starts to ask before his eyes widen in realization. "Wait, you -" He breaks off, staring at Jaebum intently. "Hyung, do you really - for real?"

"Did you think I was joking?" Jaebum laughs softly and kisses Jinyoung's forehead before pulling away. "Just wait right here."

Jinyoung watches him go, and is still rooted to the spot when he returns moments later. "Hyung," he finally says, his throat dry because even though he just said he wants to marry Jaebum, he can't believe what's happening.

"Jinyoungie," Jaebum replies, his eyes twinkling as he kneels in front of Jinyoung. He opens the box he's holding and smiles up at Jinyoung hopefully. "Marry me?"

"I already said of course," Jinyoung manages to say, though a few tears have already started to escape his eyes. "Weren't you paying attention?"

Jaebum's smile grows even wider as he carefully slides the ring, engraved with the date of their JYP audition and an infinity symbol, onto Jinyoung's finger and stands up. "Just making sure," he murmurs, kissing Jinyoung softly.

"I'm sure," Jinyoung says, nuzzling into Jaebum's neck as he starts humming again, and Jaebum holds Jinyoung close as he sings along.

Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you.