Tipsy

JJ Drabbles

Jinyoung knows he's tipsy. It's obvious, because he hasn't been able to stop giggling for the last ten minutes, his head light and his face warm. He can feel heat radiating from Jaebum next to him, who's also a little buzzed - probably less, though, because he's giggling too, but not as much, and his tolerance has always been better than Jinyoung's anyway.

"Jaebum-hyung," Jinyoung says, his words slurring together just the slightest bit. "Jaebummie-hyung. Jaebummie. Jaebummie-hyung."

"What is it, Jinyoungie?" Jaebum asks, sounding overhwelmingly patient and fond.

"I like your name," Jinyoung says, unable to control the laughter that keeps bubbling up in his throat. "Jaebummie. So cute."

He's vaguely aware that they're being filmed, and he should probably mind what he says, but then again, most of this will probably be edited out. After all, none of them are ridiculously drunk, but the whole group is probably a little too far gone for it to be acceptable for broadcast. So he thinks maybe it's okay for him to let loose a little and melt easily into Jaebum's side, leaning contentedly into the warmth he finds there.

"You're cute," Jaebum says in response, full of pride, like it's the best comeback he's ever thought of, and Jinyoung, in his intoxicated state, laughs along with him like he agrees.

"But hyung! You're the cutest!" Jinyoung says, giggling at the look on Jaebum's face - he's trying to pretend that he isn't pleased by Jinyoung's words. Neither of them notice, but Yugyeom lets out a long-suffering sigh from his seat on the other side of Jaebum.

"Maybe it's time to leave," someone suggests. Jinyoung doesn't know whether it was Mark or Jackson or maybe a staff member who said it, nor does he really care - all he's concerned with is the fact that he's still allowed to cling to Jaebum's arm on the way out and during the car ride back to the hotel, because Jaebum makes him feel safe and happy and he doesn't want to let go, not now or ever.

He apparently falls asleep without realizing it, because he shuts his eyes for only a moment and when he opens them, he and Jaebum are the only members left in the car, his head is on Jaebum's shoulder, and the car is waiting outside the hotel. "Jinyoungie," Jaebum whispers, "time to go inside."

Jinyoung can't help himself - he's drunk enough that can he pout and whine without feeling embarrassed. "Don't wanna."

"Youngie," Jaebum sighs, but with so much affection that it loses the tone of exasperation it was probably intended to have. "Come on, I'll carry you in." This, of course, is exactly what Jinyoung wanted to begin with, so he just holds out his arms. Jaebum probably knows he completely fell for it, too, because he just shakes his head and smiles at Jinyoung's antics as he helps Jinyoung out of the car. "You big baby."

"Your baby," Jinyoung says immediately, without an ounce of shame. It's something he would absolutely never say while sober, but tipsy Jinyoung has zero inhibitions about being needy.

They're very much still in the line of sight of their manager, but Jaebum risks pressing a fleeting kiss to Jinyoung's temple anyway. "Yeah, you are," he says fondly.

By the time they reach Jinyoung's room, Jinyoung is very sleepy and very comfortable in Jaebum's arms. He drowsily accepts the glass of water Jaebum gives him and lets himself be manhandled as Jaebum undresses him and puts him in pajamas.

"Stay here, hyung," he begs after he's been tucked into bed and Jaebum has laid out painkillers for tomorrow morning on his bedside table. He holds Jaebum's hand tightly and looks up at him pleadingly. "Please, Jaebummie? Please stay with me?"

Jaebum squeezes Jinyoung's hand before letting go. "Let me change first, Nyoungie. I'll be back so soon you won't even notice."

"I always notice," Jinyoung mumbles, pouting and grasping at the empty air. "Don't go back to your room, I don't want you to leave me alone."

"But I'm already back," Jaebum says, sliding under the covers next to Jinyoung and kissing Jinyoung's forehead lightly.

Had Jinyoung been more capable of formulating coherent thoughts, he might have realized that Jaebum never left, instead electing to go through Jinyoung's bag and wear some of the many clothes Jinyoung has "borrowed" from Jaebum over the years. But he decides in his foggy mind that he doesn't really care how Jaebum magically changed so quickly, not when he's being held in Jaebum's familiar, comfortable embrace. "I love you," he says into Jaebum's chest.

He feels rather than hears the rumble of laughter followed by a soft kiss on his nose. "I know. I love you too."