Hairdresser

JJ Drabbles

They're in the car next to each other, sitting in comfortable silence as Jinyoung threads his fingers gently through Jaebeom's hair. "It's been getting so long lately," Jinyoung says thoughtfully. "Are you planning on cutting it?"

"Hm, that depends," Jaebeom says after a moment of contemplation. He smiles at Jinyoung's raised eyebrows. "Do you think I should cut it?"

"You're trusting me with making this decision for you?" Jinyoung asks, looking slightly amused.

"I trust you with everything," Jaebeom says honestly, and Jinyoung's expression softens, his face turning a little pink.

"Well, in that case," Jinyoung says, "I think longer hair suits you."

His hands keep playing with Jaebeom's hair, and Jaebeom lets his eyes flutter shut at the touch. "Then I guess I have to keep growing it out, don't I?"

He hears Jinyoung laugh softly. "I certainly won't be complaining if you do." Jaebeom hums contentedly as Jinyoung's fingers continue combing his hair. "But you would look even cuter if you started wearing ponytails, you know."

"I'm not cute, though," Jaebeom says, opening his eyes to meet Jinyoung's gaze pointedly. "And you know I don't like tying ponytails myself."

"I'll do it, then," Jinyoung says far too eagerly, and Jaebeom can tell he was just waiting for this.

He really wants to stay strong, but the excited glint in Jinyoung's eyes is irresistible, and Jaebeom has never once succeeded at rejecting Jinyoung anyway. "Okay," he says, and the way Jinyoung beams at him is enough for him to be sure that it was the right decision.

"Thank you, hyung!" Jinyoung says happily, already pulling Jaebeom's hair up into a bunch atop his head, and Jaebeom can only smile at Jinyoung's enthusiasm. These moments are his favorites, the ones where Jinyoung becomes the playful maknae he once was back when it was just the two of them.

He eyes Jinyoung curiously as a thought strikes him. "Do you already have something to tie my hair with?"

"Of course," Jinyoung says like it's obvious, showing off the hair ties he has on his wrist. "I started carrying them around ever since your hair started getting longer." He smiles mischievously, and Jaebeom is just so hopelessly smitten. "You know, just in case."

"You're so cute, Jinyoungie," Jaebeom says, unable to keep the affection out of his voice.

Jinyoung grins at him as he finishes tying Jaebeom's hair. "If you think I'm cute, just wait until you see how you look right now."

And yes, Jaebeom thinks as he walks out of the car and into the view of the cameras waiting for them, he doesn't usually like putting his hair up, and he doesn't usually like being cute. But if it means he gets to keep having moments like this with Jinyoung, then he thinks maybe he could be persuaded to change his mind.