Infinity (Version 2)

JJ Drabbles

Jinyoung made a promise to himself as a child, a promise to never change what he looked like, even if other people wanted him to. There's a reason he refuses to pierce his ears or dye his hair more drastically than to a shade a brown or mark his body in any unnatural way. His career demands a lot from him, but this promise is one this he won't compromise.

He made another promise to himself when he was young, though, and that promise was related to love. One day, he told himself, he would find the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with, and when that day came, he wouldn't run away from it. Instead, he would do something special and meaningful, something he would never do for anyone else.

He didn't know back then, the day he met Im Jaebum, that he had already found that person. But he knows now.

That's why, as Jinyoung sits in a little tattoo parlor with Jaebum by his side, tiny pricks of pain crawling over his skin and one hand gripping Jaebum's tightly, he doesn't feel like he's breaking a promise, because Jaebum is worth it, worth permanently marking his skin for.

It had been a spur-of-the-moment decision, really, a whim on their part to find a tattoo shop that wouldn't ask them too many questions and keep their identities hidden so they could get their tattoos.

"Would you get a tattoo with me?" Jaebum had asked, and Jinyoung had gaped at him for a few moments.

"A tattoo?" he had finally replied, a little hesitant.

Clearly sensing his reluctance, Jaebum had smiled and squeezed Jinyoung's hand. "You don't have to," he had said reassuringly, because he knows about Jinyoung's reservations about changing his appearance. "I just want to get something. For us."

And Jinyoung couldn't say no to that, so now they're here, and Jaebum is smiling at Jinyoung so brightly that Jinyoung can't bring himself to have any regrets.

When they leave the parlor, they both have a little black infinity symbol with each other's names neatly printed underneath on the left side of their ribcages - the perfect location for a tattoo like this, because it's hidden away from prying eyes, but right next to their hearts.

"Thank you for doing this with me," Jaebum says quietly once they're back in the safety of Jinyoung's apartment.

Jinyoung shakes his head, smiling gently. "You don't need to thank me. I wanted to do this. We're forever, aren't we, hyung?" He asks not because he's unsure, but because he likes hearing Jaebum confirm it.

Jaebum cups Jinyoung's face in his hands and rests their foreheads together, the radiant look on his face giving Jinyoung no choice but to smile back. "Of course, Jinyoungie," he says, without an ounce of hesitation. "Of course we are."