Piercing

JJ Drabbles

Jinyoung was the first person Jaebeom told about his plans to get a new piercing. It isn’t like he needed Jinyoung’s permission or anything, and he would have gotten it done even if Jinyoung had complained, but Jinyoung had turned out to be surprisingly enthusiastic about it.

“It’ll suit you,” he had said happily, his smile audible through the phone, and Jaebeom had found himself selfishly wishing Jinyoung were there in person so he could see it. “Send me a a picture, okay?”

(Jaebeom does, right after it’s done, though he knows Jinyoung is probably busy, with his filming starting soon. Hours later, he gets back a it looks so pretty hyung! i knew you would look good with it ^_^ which has his heart racing for reasons he isn’t sure he wants to think a lot about.)

The piercing requires a lot of maintenance, as it turns out. And Jaebeom has to be doubly careful because it’s controversial enough for him to have gotten the piercing in the first place - if his skin got ruined somehow, he’d never hear the end of it from the company. What he hadn’t counted on was having his very own personal assistant to help him.

He’s about to start the arduous process of cleaning the piercing when Jinyoung strolls into his bedroom. It’s somewhat surprising, considering Jinyoung is only in town for a little bit before he has to leave for filming again, not to mention the fact that Jaebeom hadn’t even heard his front door opening. “Jinyoungie!” he says, hoping he doesn’t sound too startled, because while it is unexpected, he really should be used to Jinyoung showing up in his apartment unannounced, at this point. “What are you doing here?”

“Someone has to make sure you’re taking care of the piercing,” Jinyoung says matter-of-factly, calmly taking the cloth and the cleaning solution out of Jaebeom’s hands like it’s the only logical thing to do.

Jaebeom smiles a little. “You do know I’m capable of doing it myself, right?” Even as he says it, though, he’s following Jinyoung and sitting next to him on the bed.

“Maybe,” Jinyoung says, returning the smile mischievously. “But don’t you trust me to do it too?”

“Of course I do,” Jaebeom says unquestioningly, and Jinyoung beams at him.

“I’ll take care of you,” Jinyoung promises, and Jaebeom believes it wholeheartedly.

Jinyoung’s movements are gentle and deliberate as he carefully cleans the skin around the piercing, his gaze intense as he focuses on his task. Jaebeom can’t tear his eyes away.

Jinyoung’s eyes flicker up to meet Jaebeom’s, and his hands still. Instinctively, Jaebeom smiles, and he watches the look in Jinyoung’s eyes soften into something deeper than just affection for a friend. It’s nowhere near as scary as Jaebeom imagines it could be. The cleaning resumes a moment later, but Jinyoung doesn’t break their eye contact, so neither does Jaebeom.

“Hey, Jinyoungie,” he says softly after a comfortable stretch of silence.

Jinyoung blinks, pulling the cloth away from Jaebeom’s skin. Their faces are so close that Jaebeom could probably count the lashes framing Jinyoung’s eyes if he tried. “What is it?” Jinyoung asks, his voice barely louder than a whisper.

Jaebeom takes a chance and leans a little closer, and Jinyoung makes no effort to increase the distance between them. “Thank you,” Jaebeom breathes.

Jinyoung’s eyes flutter shut as he bridges the gap between them with the softest of kisses to the corner of Jaebeom’s mouth. There’s a little smile on his lips when he pulls away. “Any time,” he says.

Jaebeom kisses him properly this time, bringing a hand up to cup Jinyoung’s cheek. “I’ll hold you to that,” he says, trying not to smile too widely.

“Don’t worry, Jaebeommie,” Jinyoung says, letting out a quiet laugh. “Your piercing is in good hands.”

My heart is in good hands too. Jaebeom doesn’t say it out loud, but he doesn’t need to, because Jinyoung’s eyes tell him everything - Jinyoung already knows what Jaebeom is thinking. And the smile he gets in return is the most beautiful thing Jaebeom has ever seen.