Our Sun

JJ Drabbles

Jinyoung holds Sujin close as he tries to coax the baby into settling down for his nap. "Shhh, sweetheart. It's okay," he coos over Sujin's cranky whines, supporting Sujin's head carefully. "You want me to sing for you?" Sujin is, of course, too young to respond, but Jinyoung starts singing the first song that pops into his mind anyway.

"If I’m with you
It’s all right, it’s all right
Whatever it is
It’s all right, it’s all right
You’re an angel for me
Hold my hand and let’s go.
"

Sujin's fussing dies down, and he seems content to lie his head against Jinyoung's chest, apparently soothed by Jinyoung's voice. Jinyoung kisses the top of his baby's head, warmth flooding his entire body as he looks down at the most precious thing in his life, before he continues singing quietly.

"When I hold you
I feel at rest
Feels like I’m holding the universe
Feels like a dream.
"

He spins around slowly, rocking Sujin gently as he sings, only to find Jaebum leaning against the doorframe of their bedroom, watching Jinyoung and Sujin with the deepest affection in his eyes.

"Hyung!" Jinyoung blurts out more loudly than he meant to. He hastily checks whether Sujin was disturbed by the noise, but much to his relief, his baby is already fast asleep. "How long have you been there?"

"A little while," Jaebum says with a smile, pushing himself off the doorframe with his shoulder and walking into the room. "I only came to investigate the beautiful voice I heard, but I found something even better."

Jinyoung returns the smile, cradling Sujin closer. "Oh yeah? And what might that be?"

Jaebum leans in to kiss the top of Sujin's and then Jinyoung's cheek. "Just the love of my life singing my song to our son."

"You sap," Jinyoung says to try and divert Jaebum's attention from the blush he can feel rising in his cheeks. "As if I haven't found you singing 'Thank You' to him a hundred times."

"Because I am grateful," Jaebum says without missing a beat, his face so earnest that Jinyoung is left a little breathless. "I'm so grateful to him for being a part of my life, my beautiful baby." He smiles down at their son with a look of utter adoration before he directs the same look at Jinyoung, who feels himself melt. "And I'm grateful to you too, Jinyoungie, because you gave me this. You gave me a new purpose, a family, and - and I really love you. The two of you are my whole world. You know that, right?"

"Jaebummie," Jinyoung says softly, stepping closer so Sujin is nestled safely between both his parents. "Of course I know. We love you too."