Slow Dance

JJ Drabbles

Rain patters quietly against the windows of Jinyoung's apartment, but neither Jinyoung nor Jaebum are paying the night outside any attention. Jaebum fiddles with the radio, tuning it so that the living room is filled with soft love songs, while Jinyoung sits on the couch, glasses on his nose as he scrawls song ideas into a notebook.

"Jinyoungie, come dance with me," Jaebum requests, his eyes curved into the pretty crescents Jinyoung fell for years ago as he smiles hopefully.

Jinyoung is nowhere near as resistant as he likes to pretend he is to Jaebum's charms, so he readily obliges, setting his notebook aside without any argument and stretching as he stands up. He drapes his arms around Jaebum's shoulders and lets Jaebum pull him closer by the waist. "Hi," he murmurs with a smile as his nose nudges Jaebum's gently.

They start swaying together as Jaebum smiles back just as giddily. It's a little ridiculous, Jinyoung thinks, how they both still behave like infatuated teens around each other. He also wouldn't have it any other way.

"Hi," Jaebum whispers back, before pressing his lips against Jinyoung's fleetingly. "I missed you."

"You've been with me all day," Jinyoung says amusedly.

"Hmm, still missed you anyway though," Jaebum says, squeezing Jinyoung's waist lightly.

"You're too needy, Jaebummie," Jinyoung chastises him playfully, even as he leans his cheek against Jaebum's shoulder.

"You love it," Jaebum mumbles, only half-embarrassed.

And Jinyoung can't disagree, so he just laughs into Jaebum's shoulder, pressing a soft kiss there. "Yeah," he says, his heart warm with affection. "I really do."