Just Fine

SVT Office Antics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Pathetic. He looked absolutely pathetic. 

 

Moments after the whole fiasco had passed, Seungkwan had faked his exit to the bathroom and headed straight for the back door instead. Thankfully, one of Mingyu’s co-workers had taken pity on him and led him outside without telling the others. As soon as he set foot outside, he called for a taxi and headed home.

 

 It was one of the most awkward drives that Seungkwan’s ever experienced. The driver kept glancing at him through the rearview mirror and grimacing, either from secondhand embarrassment or disgust. What? Has he never seen a heartbroken man in his early 20’s crying in the back of his taxi before?  Seungkwan sniffled into arm loudly. Then again, it could have also been because he wiped his snot all over the back of the driver’s seat that the driver was giving him weird faces. 

 

As soon as the taxi reached his apartment, Seungkwan took a long self-loathing shower and cried for what seemed like hours listening to a sad playlist of the saddest Ariana Grande songs. Now, he was here on the couch in his silk pajamas still crying. He was mid sob and half-way into a rerun episode of Gilmore Girls when his doorbell rang. He wiped his wet eyes and looked solemnly at the door. Sitting himself up, Seungkwan blowed his snot-congested nose into an already soiled tissue and dragged himself over to his door. He was an absolute mess. He had snot trailing down his face. His eyes looked like they had puffed cheetos under them because how puffy they were and even worse, there were pieces of popcorn and melted cherry-chocolate ice cream spilling down his mouth and cheeks. 

 

“I’m coming…” Seungkwan wipes his face with the back of his hand before opening the door- which did nothing to help clean his face- only to let out a quick breathe in surprise.“Hanso-?”

 

“Woah, you look like a mess...” Hansol blinks. Great. If he wasn’t already feeling miserable about himself, here was Hansol to make him infinitely more aware about how pathetic he looked. 

 

“Thanks,” Seungkwan sarcastically mumbled, “What do you want Hansol?”

 

“I’m here to make you feel better,” Hansol says as he holds up two over-filled plastic bags up in the air and shakes them in front of him. It’s two filled bags of snacks. Seungkwan recognizes several familiar bags of chips and chocolate bars inside and tilts his head. He looks at Hansol in confusion and gets a stupid grin in return.

 

“How do you know where I live?” Seungkwan asks, still standing in the doorway to prevent him from coming inside. He wasn’t going to let Hansol see just how much his apartment was in ruins after his little dramatic meltdown.

 

“I asked Hao. Don’t you look at your phone? He told me I’d find you like this when I addressed the situation down at the diner and he gave me a list of things to buy. He called it his ‘teenage melt-down run-down’,” Hansol chuckled before walking past Seungkwan and into his messy apartment. Seungkwan quickly takes out his phone and looks at the lockscreen in surprise. Oh.

 

10 missed calls. 4 new texts. 

 

Seungkwan quickly closes the door behind them and watches as Hansol dumps the bag of snacks across his coffee table. Hansol looks up in satisfaction and then points to the screen. 

 

“Gilmore Girls?” Hansol gives him a judging glance and sits down beside him on the couch. Hansol breathed out heavily and took in a large breath of air as he sank comfortably into Seungkwan’s couch. Seungkwan couldn’t help but notice in the midst of his surprise that Hansol was still wearing the same clothes that he was earlier. Funnily enough, he also seemed to be out of breath. He must have rushed over here as soon as he left the diner. Seungkwan smiled at the thought, feeling like some of the weight on his chest had been relieved. 

 

“Yeah? What’s wrong with the Gilmore Girls?” Seungkwan crosses his arms defensively as Hansol kicks his feet up onto the table, “Loralai and Luke were couple goals!” 

 

Hansol shakes his head and gestures to the full spread of  snacks on the table. “Nothing’s wrong with it. Come on, go ahead and eat. I bought loads of stuff to help...forget, I guess? It’ll make you feel better.”

Seungkwan nods his head in response and Hansol watches as he looks down to view his choices. Seungkwan ends up picking an Oh! Henry bar, but just as he’s about to unwrap it he stops and looks over to his right to find Hansol staring closely at his face. He gulps. 

 

“Um, did you want this?” Seungkwan awkwardly holds out the candy bar in front of him and Hansol waves his hands in front of him. Hansol coughs.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter