The Dating Game

SVT Office Antics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Okay, so you know the plan?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“...”

 

“What?” Seungkwan groans as he snatches the bright highlighter yellow beanie covering Hansol’s messy hair and stuffs it in the equally tacky fanny pack around his waist. 

 

“You’re supposed to be unnoticeable, Sol. You stick out like a sore thumb with what your wearing!” Hansol scratches his head and looks at himself. He shrugs. 

 

“I think it’s fine. I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Seungkwan huffs and drags him out of the alleyway that they were in to head back onto the busy street. They decided to meet a few blocks down from where Seungcheol had said to meet him. He had offered to do some hanging out before getting lunch and Seungkwan was quick to agree. 

 

“Do you have your phone with you?” Seungkwan asked, his nerves getting to him slightly. Hansol patted his side to where his phone was hiding in his shorts. Seungkwan didn’t want to even talk about the length of Hansol’s shorts at this point. Good thing he had nice legs. 

 

“I still think we should have gone with the walkie-talkies…” Hansol mumbled. Seungkwan rolled his eyes as he looked down at his wrist watch. Only 10 minutes away till Seungcheol arrived. 

 

“We would have to be a few steps away for the cheap walkie-talkies that you bought to actually work, which would completely defeat its purpose. Now, text me if you notice me doing anything...weird or unattractive.” Seungkwan exhales slowly and straightens out his pale blue dress shirt and tucks the front into his denim jeans. Hansol sighed. 

 

“Just be yourself, Boo. Don’t worry so much. You should be just fine,” Hansol says squeezing Seungkwan’s shoulder in reassurance. Seungkwan bites his lip to alleviate his heightened nerves. Hansol smiles down at him. 

 

“Alright,” Seungkwan smiles up in return and lets out a steady breath. “I should get going.” 

 

Hansol nods and waves as Seungkwan turns and walks down the street. He looks at his phone and sends a text. 

 

                       -Good luck! :)

 

Seungkwan bounces his knee as he sits at a table outside of a bakery. Seungcheol had made this their meeting place for the day. Apparently the scent of baked bread had helped him through some hard times when he was on a strict no-carb diet last year. Seungkwan can’t relate, but he would definitely buy a candle if it had the scent of freshly baked pastries and bread. 

 

“Seungkwan!” Seungkwan looked up and waved shyly as Seungcheol ran towards him. He gulped. Seungcheol’s ripped jeans were tightly wrapped around his legs and his sleeveless white boxed shirt did nothing to hide those gorgeous tanned arms of his. 

 

“Sorry, if I was late! I ran into an old man lost on his way to the subway station and had to help him,” Seungcheol grinned, holding out a hand to help Seungkwan stand up- which he didn’t need to, but if Seungkwan learned anything from Seungcheol’s charitable past-time activities it was that he was a soft-hearted man.

 

“No, you’re fine! I’m just a bit early is all. Um, so where to?” Seungkwan asked as the both of them just started walking down the street. Since it was Saturday, there were crowds of people and cars flooding the streets. Music streaming out from various off-brand clothing stores and accessory stores and livening up the busy road. 

 

“Do you want to go in here? This looks interesting,” Seungcheol points to a small stationary shop with antique, leather bound notebooks in the window display. Seungkwan smiles and nods. The bell above the door rings and the part-timer at the cash register greets them.

 

“Do you like things like this?” Seungkwan asks, picking up an interesting bookmark with a cat surfing on top of a rainbow. He chuckles and takes out his phone to take a picture of it. This is definitely something Hansol would buy. 

 

“Not really. I just thought it would be fun to look around,” Seungkwan hummed softly as he pressed the send button on his phone. Seconds later, his phone vibrates in his hand.

 

[image sent]

             -Awesome. Buy it for me? :p

 

“Cool bookmark,” Seungcheol comments pointing at the sillly cat bookmark in Seungkwan’s hand. “You going to buy it?”

 

“For a friend,” Seungkwan chuckled. “How about you? Did you find anything you liked?”

 

Seungcheol shook his head and walked with Seungkwan to the cash register. After buying Hansol’s bookmark, Seungkwan followed Seungcheol back onto the street. He felt less nervous than before, but because of the amount of people on the sidewalk, Seungkwan was only centimetres away from Seungcheol’s side. He could feel their arms grazing each other as they walked side by side. 

 

“Careful!” Seungcheol yanked him to his side as a person on a skateboard sped past him almost knocking him down. Seungkwan muttered a bashful ‘thank you’ in return. His phone vibrates.

 

-You alright? I saw what happened.

 

Before Seungkwan tries to text Hansol that he’s alright, Seungcheol says something that catches his attention.

 

“Is that Soonyoung?” Seungcheol sets a fixed gaze at the window of a small antique bookstore and Seungkwan lets out a tiny gasp. “And Wonwoo?”

 

They both stare at each other in confusion. Seungcheol turns his head back and puts his face closer, his hands cusping around them to make hand binoculars. He knocks on the glass to get Soonyoung’s attention, who seems to be standing around boredly as Wonwoo reads one of the books of the shelf. 

 

“Wai-” Seungkwan tries to stop Seungcheol from attracting Soonyoung’s attention and ruining their ‘date.’ Unfortunately, Soonyoung sees them and waves. Wonwoo must have seen Soonyoung’s arms waving around wildly with his peripheral vision. Seungkwan watched skeptically as Wonwoo squinted in their direction before looked at them with a startled look. He snatches Soonyoung’s arm and books it to the back  of the shop, Soonyoung’s rambunctious yelling still slightly audible outside of the shop. 

 

“Um…” Seungcheol hesitated to say anything, unsure of what they both saw. Seungkwan was even more confused. Everyone knew Wonwoo avoided Soonyoung like the plague, so why on earth would he spend time with him on the weekend? 

 

“Let’s just go?” Seungkwan suggests, clearing his voice. 

 

The next shop afterwards turns out to be a huge mistake. They were walking calmly as usual and things were going well with Seungcheol opening up about his immense fear of clowns and the circus after a certain childhood event had scarred him. Something about two clowns dressed in full clown attire making out in a tent in front of a caged lion. “There was makeup smudged across their faces everywhere and I’m pretty sure one of them even made eye contact with me. That said I never went to a single circus again.”

 

Anyways, there was a pretty leather jacket in one of the shop displays and Seungcheol suggested that they went in after seeing how enamoured Seungkwan was with it. As soon as they walked in, they were greeted with the sound of slow jazz and what sounded like y saxophone playing over the speakerphone. It was odd, especially for a place selling leather jackets. 

 

“Welcome!” Seungcheol smiled politely as an overly enthusiastic woman with various piercings and a half-shaved neon green hair greeted them. Her eyes were sparkling as she looked at them walk into the store. Seungkwan had a weird feeling about her, which only increased as she continued to trail behind them as they browsed. 

 

               -Um. Seungkwan where did you go?

 

Seungkwan looked up from his phone to take note of the fluorescent sign on the shop’s black walls. Leather Pleasure . 

 

We’re inside that Leather Pleasure shop. The one with the nice jackets in the display case.

 

Seungkwan pressed send and looked to his right. Seungcheol looked busy sorting through stacks of leather pants, possibly to find his size. He hopes he does. He bites his lips before looking down at his phone again. 

 

We’re inside that Leather Pleasure shop. The one with the nice jackets in the display case.

 

            -Um. You might want to get out of there…

 

Seungkwan frowns as he reads the text, his hands unknowingly grabbing onto something on the shelf.  

 

“Are you interested in looking at our newer models? We have newer ones at the back with different shapes depending on what your partner likes!” 

 

Seungkwan blinks as the worker jumps out in front of him and points down to the object in his hand. He looks down and his mouth drops to the floor. 

 

“Um. Seungkwan?” Seungkwan doesn’t want to lift his head. He can’t. He won’t. Too bad for him, the overly enthusiastic woman has no calms to stop talking. 

 

“Is this riding crop being used on you or your partner?”

 

Seungcheol is baffled, his ears flushing red with heat as he looks at the black riding crop held tightly in Seungkwan’s hand. “N-no, I’m not- we’re not-”

 

“We also have whips if you’re interested! Leashes and collars too!” the woman exclaims proudly as Seungkwan stands there in shock. Seungcheol, although completely flustered, is polite enough to decline the woman’s offer and drag the both of them out of the shop. 

 

“...”

 

“I-sorry if I interr-” Seungcheol’s cheeks were flushed as he tried to talk. Seungkwan stopped him before he could finish, not wanting Seungcheol to think that he had some hidden that he was trying to lure him into. 

 

“NO! I- you didn’t interrupt anything,” Seungkwan cleared his throat, “I was just as shocked as you…”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter