He Doesn't Believe In Denial

SVT Office Antics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Having to trudge through 5 inches of snow on his way to work is one bad way to start the morning, but it appears to Seungkwan that being greeted by the overlapping screams of his half-sane co-workers may be equally or maybe even more unpleasant.

 

“What is going on now?” Seungkwan groans as he walks into the office to see Minghao holding Jun in a headlock. At the same time, he was screaming curse words in Chinese while Jeonghan sits on his desk shouting nonsensical cheers for Minghao to beat Jun’s .

 

“Oh hey Baby-Boo! Junnie is just getting his regular beating~” Jeonghan’s eyes glint in mischief as Seungkwan shakes his head in disappointment. “Always knew Minghao was a dom! It's the sadistic behaviour that tipped it off. Either that or Jun’s masochistic reactions.” Jeonghan points out proudly as if Seungkwan would be impressed by his erted observation skills.

 

“Good to know.”

 

“I told you to stop changing my god-damn screensaver to your ugly- face!” Minghao screeches in anger, his right arm tightening around Jun’s neck. Seungkwan thinks it's about time to step in seeing as Jun’s face was starting to turn into an unnatural shade of purple.

 

“Yo-uh-m-mean handsome!” Jun chokes out, his face still painted with an annoying smirk. Minghao is about to strangle the man to death, but just before Jun collapses Wonwoo comes out of nowhere and sways Minghao out of his angered state- enough to release his financing partner from the death choke.

 

“I swear, you do that one more time Jun,” Minghao hisses as Wonwoo releases him from his protective grasp. Jun has the audacity to wink, much to Seungkwan’s disbelief, and Jeonghan just snorts. Maybe Jeonghan was right, Jun must be masochistic if he willing to risk his life like that.

 

“Jun stop with the bull- and get back to our floor,” Wonwoo reprimands him sounding completely fed-up. 

 

“Whatever you say, buddy!” Jun shrugs and gives him a pat on the back. Wonwoo rolls his eyes and gives the rest of them an apologetic look. 

 

“I’m going to kill Junhui one day and no one better hold me back or I won’t be held accountable for what may or may not happen,” Minghao huffs in irritation. Seungkwan shudders as he recalls the countless rumors about Minghao ruthless fighting skills and how many people he had presumably sent to the hospital after each fight. Seungkwan’s just glad that he has kept himself on Minghao’s good side all this time. 

 

“...Sadist~” Jeonghan whistles under his breath, twiddling his thumbs in his lap. Wonwoo slaps a hand over his face and mutters a noise of disbelief. 

 

“So, what did Junhui do today?” Seungkwan asked his disgruntled friend. Minghao turns his desktop towards him and points.

 

“He set his face as my screensaver.” 

 

“That’s it? He always does that,” Seungkwan questioned. Minghao groaned.

 

“It wasn’t just that. The idiot froze my computer and I was in the midst of typing up referral letters from past partners for the proposal project Jisoo’s team is working on. Now I’m stuck here having to remember what I wrote previously and having to stare at his god-awful face for the rest of the afternoon.”

 

“Hao,” Seungkwan tries to calm him down, “Settle down. You can just use my computer for now and I’ll get one of our tech people to help fix your computer. Just don’t beat Jun up. No violence in the workplace, please?”

 

Minghao’s body relaxes as he lets out a loud grunt. “Fine. But I can’t promise you that he’ll be safe once I get home.”

 

Seungkwan sighs as Minghao gathers his stuff. He still can’t believe that Minghao and Jun were a couple. He went weeks without believing after his coworkers had informed him. To his defense, it was hard to believe, especially when they fought every time they encountered one another in the office. But, when he had come across them furiously making out in the stairwell during lunch break it became ingrained in his memory that they were in fact together. 

 

“Just no visible ‘markings,’ please,” Seungkwan shudders. “Not everyone wants to know about what your ual escapades are like. We get enough erseness from Jeonghan alone.”

 

Minghao smirks as he walks away from him and Seungkwan knows that his friend isn’t going to heed his advice. 

 

“Well now that that’s over, I’m going back to work.” Wonwoo cracks his neck and walks away from their desk and out of the office towards the elevators. Before he could leave, Seungkwan hurriedly followed him and called his name. 

 

“Wait! Wonwoo, I wanted to ask you a question!” Wonwoo stopped in his tracks. He knew what Seungkwan wanted to ask and he knew he couldn’t avoid it. 

 

“You realize what I’m going to ask you, right?” Seungkwan crossed his arms as Wonwoo tiredly nodded his head. “I saw you on Saturday. With Soonyoung. What was that about?”

 

“Nothing. He saw me shopping and decided to bother me,” Wonwoo stated boredly. Seungkwan pouted and frowned. That couldn’t have been it. 

 

“That’s it?” Seungkwan looked at him skeptically, trying to lean in closer to see if there were signs of deception in his eyes. Wonwoo kept a blank face as he nodded. “That’s it.” 

 

Seungkwan sighed in disappointment, almost giving up and turning back around. 

 

“But then, why did you pull him to the back of the shop?” 

 

Wonwoo and Seungkwan turned their heads to his right side where Hansol had suddenly appeared. He was standing there- his entire body hidden beneath the excess fabric of his oversized black suit and his face overtaken by a pair of round Harry Potter-like glasses. 

 

“Umm…” Wonwoo hesitated, caught off guard by the sudden question. Seungkwan caught onto his hesitation and clapped his hands in front of him in excitement. 

 

“Exactly! Nice one, Hansollie!” Seungkwan cheered, smacking Hansol hard on the back. Hansol coughed in response. Wonwoo looked between the two of them oddly. They seemed awfully chummy. “Well?” 

 

Wonwoo cleared his throat. “You caught me by surprise was all. I did it subconsciously- an involuntary act resulting from your sudden appearances. I’ll be honest, I didn’t want you to assume that something was going on and spread more inconvenient rumours, but I guess my actions have led you do just that. That’s a mistake on my part, therefore I apologize.”

 

Seungkwan frowns, seemingly believing in Wonwoo’s excuse. Hansol doesn’t say anything, but Wonwoo takes it that he has no arguments against his alibi. Wonwoo cleared his throat and adjusted the glasses upon his nose. 

 

“Well, if you have nothing else to ask, I’ll be going.”

 

Seungkwan watches irritatingly as Wonwoo briskly walks away towards the elevators. He knew something was up. He could just tell. 

 

“So,” Seungkwan turns to Hansol, “did you talk to Chan, yet?” 

 

Seungkwan goes silent, eyes flinging to the side to avoid any conversation dealing with the matter. It was his turn to be interrogated and Hansol knew exactly what he was trying to do. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter