It's A...Might Be A Date

SVT Office Antics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seungkwan couldn’t mess this up. Yesterday, he had finally built up the courage to ask Seungcheol out on a date and...well, Seungkwan wasn’t really sure if it was a date, but he thinks he was pretty obvious when he asked…he thinks.

 

Okay, so he wasn’t sure what it was. Somewhere in between him talking to Seungcheol and Seungcheol staring concentratedly behind him where Hansol and Chan were getting their own drinks, he had said ‘sure’ to his invitation to get lunch on Saturday. Although, Seungkwan had to give props to Hansol for giving him the opportunity and dragging Chan away to give them time to talk alone.

 

Seungcheol’s eyes strayed behind him as he sipped on a smoothie looking awfully similar to tar. Apparently it was a mixture of kale, charcoal, and flavoured whey protein. Honestly, Seungkwan would never be caught drinking one of those, but if given the opportunity to Lady and the Tramp it with Seungcheol he might. 

 

“Great! See you tomorrow, then?” Seungkwan smiles up bashfully. Eventually, Seungcheol snaps out of his trance and looks back at Seungkwan with that usual polite smile of his. 

 

“Oh, uh yeah! Um, here put your number in,” Seungcheol takes out his phone from the pocket of his grey sweatpants and offers it to Seungkwan. He enthusiastically grabs it  and punches his number in, somewhat tempted to enter his name under “your future husband with the great ,” but finds the decency not to. Seconds later, he holds the phone out and Seungcheol takes it from him, his fingers smoothing over Seungkwan’s fingers as he grabs it. It was a cliche situation, but Seungkwan couldn’t help but look at his hand in wonder. May my life prosper and be full of opportunities for I was just blessed by a god. 

 

Meanwhile, in the midst of Seungkwan’s internal monologue, Seungcheol looks at the screen of his phone and curses. It was almost 4’oclock and most people left the office around 5 pm-  all except one person who decides to leave as he pleases.

 

“Oh crap, I have to get going. Jeonghan’s going to be coming down in a few minutes to bother me and I need to lock up the gym before he gets there,”  Seungcheol’s forehead creases as he turns off the screen of his phone. Seungkwan blinks as Seungcheol leans forward and reaches out a hand towards him. He’s proud of himself for not squealing when Seungcheol grins and pats his head.  

 

“See you tomorrow, Seungkwan!” Seungkwan nods as Seungcheol retreats and turns around, but almost immediately stops to spin back around. Seungkwan looks up at him earnestly and waits. Maybe he forgot something? A hug? A kiss?! 

 

“Um, can you tell Chan that-” Seungkwan nods eagerly as Seungcheol hesitates to say something, “I mean, can you tell Chan and Hansol that I’m leaving? I’ll pay them back for the coffee later! Maybe you can my coffee to someone else?” Seungkwan continues nodding like an obedient puppy and Seungcheol looks around the cafe once more before leaving.

 

“Oh. my. god.” Seungkwan slaps his cheeks with his hands and pinches himself. He couldn’t believe it. He had a date with Choi Seungcheol. Praise the lord and praise Hansol for being the best wingman he’s ever seen with also the worst collection of beanies all of mankind has probably ever seen.  Now, all he needed to do was succeed at attracting Seungcheol’s attention and not make a complete fool of himself. 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, as for Hansol, he wasn’t sure where Seungkwan had gone during the time he and Chan were away. After forcing Chan away from their table, which surprisingly did nothing to raise Chan’s suspicions, Hansol had come back to an empty table. He looked at Chan who was busy looking at something on his phone and decided to send his friend a text later. Hopefully this time Seungkwan was more successful with this given opportunity than any of their previously planned attempts. 

 

The past week, Hansol had been playing matchmaker for Seungkwan and was forced to watch as Seungkwan unashamedly ‘flirted’- if you could really call it flirting- with the dense fitness trainer. Last Wednesday, for example, Hansol had tried to initiate a conversation between the two by talking about the charity work that Seungcheol had apparently done during the fall. He was hoping to spark some grounds to talk about similar interests or something like that. Unfortunately, Seungkwan choked up and responded by talking about how he had once ‘donated’ an ivory knitted sweater to his friend’s grandmother once because her arms seemed extra cold and veiny that day. Seungcheol just kind of just stared at him awkwardly and let out a long ‘ahh…” out of kindness while Hansol slapped a hand over his face in disappointment. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter