Noodle Thief

SVT Office Antics
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The following week after the whole orientation fiasco was “Italian Appreciation Week” at the office, which Seungkwan never understood because almost 95% of their staff were Korean. Moreover, 0% of their staff were Italian. Yet apparently, Soonyoung came up with the idea to celebrate different nationalities and ethnicities each month to show how welcoming and accepting their company was of all individual backgrounds.

 

But, Seungkwan knew that was a load of crap. He knew Soonyoung’s true intent was to get Mingyu and Seokmin to start whipping up different tasty dishes for him to eat each month. Honestly, if it weren’t for that cheeky satisfied grin on his face that he wore every time he made his way from the cafeteria and up to his office, Seungkwan might have fell for his previous reasonings. Although, Seungkwan wouldn’t argue against his decision, especially when he would be able to have a slice of Seokmin’s special  hearty three-cheese lasagna and Mingyu’s herby garlic ciabatta bread for lunch today.

 

After filing the time-sheets, he headed down to the 6th floor cafeteria with his mouth drooling in hunger. Seungkwan couldn’t wait to have the delicious food in his mouth and in his grumbling stomach. Hopefully, if he wasn’t late enough he would be able to soften the two chefs up to give him double servings of each. They were soft on him and Seungkwan used it to his advantage. Apparently it was his cheeks that made them cave every time, but Seungkwan so no wrong in that.

 

Seungkwan hummed as he entered the cafeteria, waving at the two familiar faces behind the counter.

 

“Hey Boo!” Seokmin smiled brightly and waved back with a metal serving spoon in his hand. Seungkwan gleamed. There was just something about the latter’s smile that just brightened his day, maybe it was his radiant pearly whites or his sunlike presence- anyhow, Seokmin was one of his first friends at the office and he could always trust in him for a pick-me up.

 

“Hi Minnie! How has your day been?” Seungkwan asked cheerily, noting the way Seokmin’s shoulders deflated when asked.

 

“Hectic. Mingyu has been running around the kitchen with bins of chopped veggies and tripping over every non-existent rug we own. I’ve had to chop about 3 bags worth of yellow onions today and I swear I have no tears left to cry,” Seokmin whined.

 

“Well,” a sweaty-looking Mingyu came out of the kitchen carrying a fresh hot tray of fragrant garlic bread, “like what a wise woman once said. We just got to keep up with the hecticness. You know, we just got to pick it up. Lovin’ and livin’, and pickin’ it up.” Mingyu laughs,  singing and dancing clumsily- almost spilling the food on the floor because of his over-shaking hips.  

 

Seungkwan snicked. Seokmin glared at the taller male giving him a playful slap to his arm. But despite his annoyance, he still helped the clumsy oaf transfer the steamy bread onto the awaiting heating racks.

 

Then, as if reset, Seokmin’s smile found its way back to his face and he gestured to a slice of garlic bread to Seungkwan’s empty plate. Seungkwan nodded enthusiastically, his plate being stacked with two slices of garlic deliciousness.

 

Seungkwan stepped to the side and looked for the lasagna next. He frowned.

 

“Where’s the lasagna?” Mingyu scratched the back of his neck and grimaced. Seungkwan grimaced back. How unsanitary. “Sorry to break it to you bud, but the person ahead of you just got the last piece.”

 

Dun-dun.  Seungkwan felt his heart drop, his natural pout protruding out more than usual. Seokmin panicked tuning into his maternal instincts.

 

“B-but wait! We still have some pesto alfredo o-or you could have spaghetti and those over-sized meatballs you used to like!” Seungkwan hissed, his head turning to hunt down the person who stole his precious noodles and cheese.

 

“Who was it?” Mingyu put his hands up to his chest as Seungkwan poked him.

 

“Woah there! Fine, it was the new guy over there sitting with Jisoo!” Seungkwan looked to where Mingyu was pointing. There they were sitting happily across from one another eating away at their lunches.

 

Hansol.

 

Seungkwan snarled. Seokmin looked scared as he watched Seungkwan internally plot against the male. “H-hey buddy, it isn’t that big of a deal. I can whip up a new batch!”

 

Seungkwan couldn’t hear him. His body was already making its way over to the two chattering men. Jisoo noticed him first and greeted him. Hansol noticed after, his fork about to make its way into his mouth with his lasagna.

 

Seungkwan stood there arms crossed and foot tapping. Hansol put his fork down and looked at him oddly.

 

“Um. Can I do something for you?” Hansol blinked. Seungkwan squinted his eyes.

 

“It’s not about what you can do, it’s about what you’ve done!” Seungkwan complained. Jisoo watched the encounter amused, fingers already tapping away at his phone. He was most likely spilling about this to Minghao or Jeonghan, but he couldn’t care.

 

Hansol looked even more confused. “Uhh, sorry?”

 

Seungkwan huffed in annoyance, “Just don’t do it again!”

 

Hansol nodded slowly. What was he not to do again? He wasn’t sure.

 

Just as Seungkwan was about to leave, he whipped back around and stomped back to stand in front of the puzzled male. Hansol flinched at his loud, shrill voice.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter