Chapter 09

We Got Married

After their return from their honeymoon, Jimin had to immediately leave for schedules in Japan because of BTS’ recent comeback. He video called her the night before he left, reminding to take care of herself whilst he was gone. She laughed, “You’re the one that needs to take care! Make sure you rest when you can, I know your schedule is hectic.” He smiled back at her, her concern making him happier than he would ever admit.

 

“Hi, nuna!” Jisoo laughed as Jungkook's face appeared on her screen. Jimin scowled at the younger man, “Yah, get out!” he whined as he tried to push the muscular maknae off his bed. Jungkook only laughed at his hyung’s attempts to make him leave. “Don’t worry nuna, I’ll make sure Jimin hyung behaves himself in Japan!” he yelled making Jisoo laugh as Jimin dropped his phone to start attempting to beat up the maknae.

 

She could hear the sounds of the two of them play fighting before the sound of a door closing sounded through her phone. He picked up his phone, his hair and clothes dishevelled. He was panting as he tried to smooth down his hair. “Sorry about that, nuna.” He said apologetically. She shook her head with a smile. “Don’t be. It’s cute. It’s good to know the maknae has my back.” She teased.

 

“I’ll text you everything, nuna!” Jungkook shouted through the door. Jimin glared at the door. “Yah! You make it sound like I’m gonna do something bad!” he shouted back. Jisoo laughed at their exchange, “Thanks Jungkook!” she shouted through the phone, hoping the younger man would hear. Jimin gave her a scandalized look, “Nuna!” he whined. She laughed, “Sorry.” She said as she stuck her tongue out at him. He chuckled at her playfulness. “I’ll keep in contact with you when I’m away, okay?” he promised, not liking the thought of being away from her for a week. He had become used to meeting up with her regularly for the filming of the show and for the meetings in between. They had often met up at other shows as well. Plus, he always found excuses to contact her on the days when they didn’t meet up. He’d had to endure a lot of teasing from the rest of BTS about how it looked like he wasn’t just pretending to like her, and that his feelings on the show were not simply just an act.

 

He had vehemently denied it at first. But as time went on, and he spent more time with her, it was getting harder to deny that he had started to form real feelings for his pretend wife.

 

 

 

Three days into his trip to Japan and he received a video from Jisoo. The message before simply said “I’ll have it perfect for you coming back.” He eagerly clicked on the video and was surprised to see a video of Jisoo dancing to ‘Lie’. Her moves were far from as fluid as his own, and she kept giggling in embarrassment, but he could tell that she was really trying. He watched the video three times before her finally replied to her.

Nuna, that was amazing! I didn’t know you could dance like that! How about I teach you the rest of the dance when I get back to Korea?

 

He slipped his phone into his pocket as his manager called him up to do his solo shots for their photoshoot. He was thankful that it was a fun shoot which required him to smile as he couldn’t wipe the smile from his face as he thought about the video Jisoo had sent him.

 

 

 

When he returned from his schedule in Japan, they had another episode to film together. Jimin nervously waited for her in their home. She was finishing up hosting a music show and was on her way home. He eyed the gift bag that he had hidden behind the couch, so that she wouldn’t be able to see it when she came home.

 

He jumped to his feet when we heard the sound of the door opening. “Jimin, are you here?” she called as she kicked off her shoes. He rushed to the front door, eager to see her again after their brief separation. A grin split his face when he finally saw her again. “Nuna!” he cried as he hugged her tightly. She chuckled from the unexpected show of affection but hugged him back almost as tightly. He pulled away from her, a small blush on his face.

 

 

Jimin's interview

 

Q: Why did you hug Jisoo so fiercely when you saw her?

 

Jimin let out an embarrassed chuckle. “I don’t know. I guess I missed her more than I thought I would when I was away.” He said as his expression slowly became more serious. “I mean I know that our marriage isn’t real, but the time we’ve spent together and the memories we’ve made together are. And they really mean a lot to me. Jisoo nuna is someone that I really care about so when I saw her again, I just hugged her without thinking.”

 

 

Jisoo’s interview

 

Q: What did you think of Jimin's unexpected hug?

 

She laughed, her cheeks tinting pink. “It was really unexpected!” she said with a laugh as she fanned her face. “But Jimin is really affectionate and he likes skin ship a lot. I don’t think he realises that he does it sometimes though. He's not just like that with me, he’s like that with s as well. So, I guess I shouldn’t have been so surprised. But I have to admit, it was a nice thing to happen as soon as I walked in the door.” She said as she looked away from the camera, lost in her own thoughts. “It’s something a girl could really get used to.”

 

 

Jimin pulled her to the couch and happily told her about his time in Japan. She listened to him talk, just happy to have him back by her side. Although they had only been separated for a week, it felt like it had been so much longer than that. “Oh, and I have something for you, nuna.” He said as he jumped up from the couch. “Ah, really?” she asked excitedly as she tried to see what he had hidden behind the couch.

 

He pulled out a large gift bag, a small blush staining his cheeks. “I hope you like them.” He said as he held out the bag for her. “Oh my god, Jimin! I was expecting like a keyring or something!” she said, feeling a little guilty that he had bought her so many things. “Well, you're not completely wrong, there is a keyring in there somewhere.” He joked making the two of them laugh.

 

She pulled out gift after gift, feeling a mixture of happiness at his thoughtfulness, and guilt at how much money he had obviously spent. “Jimin this is all far too much! I don’t think I've bought you a single gift and you’ve given me so many things!” she said as she absentmindedly touched the necklace that he had given her when he had proposed to her. Jimin shook his head. “I like to buy things for you. It makes me happy when you like the gifts. Most of them are just silly things anyway.” He said as he indicated some of the smaller, touristy gifts that now littered their couch.

 

“But there are two main presents.” He said as she pulled out a final box and a bag. She opened the bag first, revealing a white snapback. “Wow, it’s so pretty!” she exclaimed as she looked over the details of the snapback. “I have the same one but only in black.” He said, proud that she seemed to like the gifts. “Wow, we’re like a real couple now.” She said with a laugh as she opened the final box revealed a pair of white trainers, accented with silver to match her snapback. “Oh my god… Jimin, these are the trainers I told you about when we were in Thailand!” she exclaimed. Jimin smiled proudly. “I know. I remember that you said that you liked them and we had a little free time whilst we were in Japan so I went shopping and I found them.”

 

“I can’t believe you remembered that!” she said as she put the shoes down and pulled him into a tight hug.

 

 

Jisoo’s interview

 

Q: How did you feel when Jimin gave you your gifts?

 

“How does a guy like him even exist? How could he remember that I liked those exact trainers? I mentioned it in passing when I saw someone wearing them when we were going through the market! He even managed to get my size exactly right! Park Jimin is honestly one of the kindest people I have ever met. I’ll need to do something to thank him for being too kind!” she said, a small smile on her face.

 

 

Jimin's interview

 

Q: How did you feel when giving Jisoo her gifts?

 

“Ah, I was so nervous! I was so sure those were the trainers she liked, but I was so paranoid that I had gotten the wrong ones! She seemed to happy when she opened them. It was so nice to see her smile. I hope I can continue making her smile like that in the future too.”

 

 

 

 

After putting away all of her gifts, Jimin gave her an excited smile. “Nuna, the video you sent me of you dancing to my song was amazing!” he praised, making her blush. “Oh, I’m so terrible! I can’t believe I let my manager talk me into sending you that video!” she said as she hid behind her hands. Jimin shook his head. “No way! I was so impressed! You were so good! Way better than when I tried to teach you how to dance to ‘dope’.” He teased. She hit him with a cushion with a laugh. “Yah. We can’t all be amazing dance gods.” She said with a laugh.

 

“Can I watch you dance?” he asked. She shook her head, “No way! I’m too embarrassed.” He pouted at her, grabbing her hand with both of his. “Please, nuna?” he said, blinking at her with a cute expression. She lasted a full five seconds before she cursed quietly under her breath. “Fine! But if you laugh at me I’m filing for divorce!” she threatened. He put a hand over his heart, “I promise I won't laugh at you.” He said solemnly. She chuckled at his antics before they moved the coffee table and couch to give her more room.

 

He found the song on his phone as she did a few quick stretches. “I’m seriously terrible.” She warned again. He shook his head. “I believe in you, nuna.” He said encouragingly, making her feel both nervous and warm at the same time. she took up her starting position and schooled her features, determined to do her best.

 

Jimin hit play and focused all his attention on Jisoo, her expression serious. She started off confidently, having practiced the start of the song often. She tried to keep up with the complicated choreography, slipping up a few times but never losing her focus, determined to make it to the end of the song.

 

 

 

Jimin's interview

 

Q: How did you feel watching Jisoo dancing to your song?

 

“Oh my god.” Jimin said, a slightly dreamy look overtaking his features. “Nuna was so good. She obviously practiced a lot. She said she's not good at dancing so she must have spent a lot of time to get that good.”

 

 

 

Jisoo’s interview

 

 

Q: How did it feel to have Jimin watch you dance?

 

“Oh my god I was so nervous! Sending him the video was one thing but having him sitting right in front of me was so nerve-wracking! He was so supportive though and he praised me so much, even though I made so many mistakes.” She said with a laugh as she touched the star necklace around her neck. “Even though I know I’m a terrible dancer, he gave me a lot of confidence. I felt like I could do anything with him by my side.”