Chapter 02

We Got Married

After the end of their date at the pet café, another mission card  was presented to them with the address of their new home on it. They both shared shy smiles as they read the mission card. “Where are your things?” Jimin asked as they headed down to his car. “They're in my manager’s van.” She said, pointing to the white van that was parked further down the road. “We should just put your things in my car, it’ll be easier.” He said with a bright smile. They collected her luggage and packed it into Jimin's car. He typed in the address of their new home to his GPS and they set off together.

 

Their nerves grew the closer they got to their new home. They shared embarrassed glances and smiles throughout the whole journey. Whenever they finally arrived,the two of them were surprised by the size of the house. They got out of the car, both of them staring wide-eyed at the house. “It’s so pretty!” she breathed, unable to believe that the house in front of them was for them. They grabbed a suitcase each and made their way into the house. They walked into the spacious living room which had a set of glass doors at the opposite side which led out to a small garden. They took their time exploring all of the rooms, pointing out things to each other as they went.

 

Jisoo’s interview

 

Q: What did you think of the house?

 

“Oh my god, it was so pretty! I didn’t expect us to have such a lovely place!” she said as she covered to hide her wide smile. “It’s the kind of place I’ve always wanted to live in. I swear you guys must have read my mind or something!”

 

 

Jimin's interview

 

Q: What did you think of the house?

 

“It was so nice. I didn’t think they'd give us such a big place to stay! I think Jisoo nuna really liked it. She didn’t stop smiling.” He said, a small smile on his own face as he thought about Jisoo’s excited look from before.

 

 

After the finished exploring the house, they brought in the rest of their luggage, lying their many suitcases and bags around the living room. They sat side by side on the floor, leaning against the couch as they began to unpack their cases. Jimin opened one of his bags and quickly closed it, his face turning red as he laughed. “What is it?” Jisoo asked, leaning over to try and look inside. “Ah~ it’s a little embarrassing.” He said as he held the bag closed.

 

“It’s not your underwear is it?” she joked, the both of them laughing. He shook his head and opened the bag. He pulled out two pairs of matching slippers. “I thought we could wear these around the house.” He said as he shyly handed her a pair. “They're so cute.” She said giving him a smile. “Hold on a sec.” she said as she jumped up and pulled one of her bags next to her. She rummaged through it before pulling out two t-shirts. “Couple t-shirts.” She said as she handed him one. “I thought that we could decorate them and wear them.” she said, almost holding her breath as she waited for his answer.

 

“That’s a great idea!” he said as he carefully laid his t-shirt out behind him on the couch. They looked through some more of their belongings before taking out the rules that the producers had asked them to write. “My list is kinda short.” Jisoo admitted as she unfolded the paper. “Number one. We have to contact each other at least once a day.” Jimin nodded, “Easy.” She grinned as she continued. “We don’t need to use formalities. You know I was brought up in America so using formal speech makes me a little uncomfortable. I’m older than you, so it should be okay for us to speak freely, right?” Jimin nodded, “I’m okay with that.” He said, happy that the barrier of formal speech was removed right from the start.

 

“Number three: we should share the housework evenly.” Jimin nodded again. “And the last one, if one of us says or does something that the other doesn’t like, then we should be able to talk about it, without getting angry about it. We should share our feelings, even if it’s not something good.” Jimin nodded again. “I like that rule.” She smiled at him as she folded the paper back up. “That’s all I wrote.” she said as she crossed her legs, getting more comfortable as Jimin unfolded his rule list. “Okay, my first rule was actually the same as yours.” He said with a grin. “I think we should keep each other updated on what we’re up to like a couple would actually do. My second rule…” he chuckled. “We should hold hands when we go outside.” He said looking up to gauge her reaction. She laughed, “Okay.” She nodded. “No problem.” he loosed a breath, relief flooding him at her positive response.

 

“Third rule is we should try to do something the other is interested in.” she nodded. “So you mean like if you like dancing, then we should do that together? That kind of thing?” he nodded enthusiastically. “Yeah, exactly.” She nodded. “I should have written that too.” She said with a chuckle. “That’s all I've got.” He said as he showed her his paper. “So we agree with each other’s rules?” she asked. Jimin nodded and they both signed each piece of paper.

 

They spent the rest of the night organising their personal items around the house, opting for take out food instead of cooking. They finally sat down sometime later with chicken and beer. “I know we should probably have cooked since it’s our first night in the house together, but this is way better.” she said as she handed him a can of beer. He nodded, “I agree. I’m an okay cook, but this is way better.” they tapped their cans together before taking a drink, both of them excited to see what tomorrow would bring.