Chapter 11

We Got Married

Jimin’s Interview

 

Q: How do you feel about the performance?

 

Jimin hung his head, his gaze on the floor as he recalled the events of that evening. “I thought everything was going so well. Jisoo nuna had been nervous beforehand but she danced so well. But then… at the end.” He shook his head. “I was so worried. I didn’t even know what to do.”

 

 

 

 

Jisoo woke up in a dim-lighted room, the smell of antiseptic washing over her. She let out a groan as memories of the moment before she lost consciousness swept over her. “Nuna?” she turned her head to the side to see a sleepy looking Jimin by her side. When he noticed that she was awake his eyes shot open and he jumped to his feet. “Nuna, you're awake! Oh, thank god.” He said as he grabbed her hand. “Are you okay? Oh, that’s a stupid question, of course you're not.”

 

A tiny smile crept onto her face listening to him, but it quickly disappeared as guilt washed over her. “Jimin.” She said weakly, interrupting his rambling. “I’m sorry.” She said, squeezing his hand gently. “Sorry? For what?” he asked. “For ruining the stage. We worked so hard for it and I had to go and get sick and I made everyone worry. I’m sorry.” Jimin studied her for a few moments before a warm smile appeared on his face. “Nuna, you don’t need to apologise for anything. The stage went fine, no one noticed that you weren’t feeling well. But if you really do feel that sorry, then there’s only one thing that you can do.” He said, a hint of a cheeky grin appearing on his face.

 

“What?” she asked. Jimin chuckled as he leant down towards her, the soft light from the lamp beside them highlighting his face. “You need to get better quickly.” he said before gently pressing his lips against her forehead. Jisoo’s face instantly flushed pink with embarrassment. Jimin pulled back, just enough so that he could see her face, his own cheeks tinted pink with embarrassment but he refused to let it get the better of him. “Can you do that for me, nuna?” he whispered. Jisoo nodded, unable to look away from the warm look in Jimin's eyes that made her want to reach out for him and never let go.

 

Jimin grinned brightly before sitting back in his chair. “You should try and sleep some more. The doctor said she wants to keep you in overnight to make sure you rest up and your manager cancelled your schedules for the next couple of days so that you can just relax.” He informed her as he fussed with her blanket. Jisoo nodded, a yawn taking over. “What about you?” she asked. “Don’t worry about me and just sleep. I’m gonna stay right here and make sure that you rest.” He said as he reached out and gently patted her head, like a parent would do for a child to help them sleep.

 

A small part of her wanted to tell him to go home and rest, but the bigger part of her couldn’t deny that his presence was comforting. She closed her eyes, relishing in the feeling of Jimin's fingers on her hair as she slowly succumbed to the call of sleep.

 

 

 

Jisoo’s Interview

 

Q: None of it was captured by the cameras because they weren’t allowed into the hospital, so can you tell us and the audience what happened between you and Jimin after your performance?

 

Jisoo willed herself not to flush. “Nothing happened, I was unconscious and woke up later on that night. Jimin was still there and told me that the stage had went well then I fell asleep again.” she said with a nonchalant shrug, thankful for all her acting lessons so that her true thoughts on that night could remain a secret between her and Jimin.

 

 

 

 

A week after she was released for the hospital, Jisoo meant up with Jimin at the café where they had first met. There was an unusual atmosphere between the two as they sipped their drinks. “So, this is the last filming, huh?” Jisoo said, breaking the silence between them. Jimin nodded, his usual bright smile missing from his face. Silence hung over the two of them again as the reality of Jisoo’s words sunk in. Jisoo reached out across the table and placed her hand on top of Jimin's. “Hey, we should be more energetic. If it’s our last filming then let’s make it count.” Jimin looked up at her, his chest tightening painfully at the thought of not being able to spend time with her like this again in the future. He nodded, “Okay.” He agreed, forcing a smile onto his face.

 

 

Jisoo’s Interview

 

Q: What did you do on your last day with Jimin?

 

“Everything.” Jisoo said with a laugh. “We met up at the café where we first met then we went to the amusement park. Jimin was kinda nervous to ride some of the scarier rides at first, but after the first one he couldn’t get enough of them!” she laughed at the memory.

 

 

 

Jimin’s Interview

 

Q: How was your last day with Jisoo?

 

“It was perfect. We were both kinda sad at the start but then Jisoo nuna said that we had to make it a day to remember. She didn’t know about my surprise that night, but we made every moment count.”

 

 

 

 

After spending most of the day at the amusement park, the couple made their way back to their newly wed house, Jisoo asking Jimin if it would be okay for them to cook together one last time. Jimin had happily agreed.

 

They made more food than the two of them could possibly eat on their own. Jimin cautiously making sure that the curtains that covered the doors that led out to their garden were closed, so that it wouldn’t spoil the surprise he had planned.

 

 

Jisoo’s Interview

 

Q: What did you think of the surprise Jimin planned for you?

 

A smile appeared on Jisoo’s face as she touched the necklace that she now constantly wore. “It was… perfect.”

 

 

 

Once they had finished eating, Jimin stood in front of Jisoo, extending his hand for hers. “Nuna, because it’s our last night together, I prepared a surprise for you.” Jisoo took his hand and stood beside him. “Is it another treasure hunt?” she asked. Jimin shook his head, “Not this time. It’s something a little different. I hope you’ll like it.” He said as he led her towards the doors. “You need to close your eyes, no peeking!” she giggled and closed her eyes as Jimin pulled back the curtains.

 

She felt him move behind her, his hands covering her eyes as he carefully led her outside. The weather wasn’t too cold, but she could feel the warmth radiating from Jimin's body and the slight chill in the air seemed to disappear. “Okay, you can open your eyes.” Jimin said as he stepped away from her, his hands falling away from her eyes.

 

She opened her eyes and gasped at the sight. The entire garden had been decorated with lights, flowers and photographs of the two of them. “Jimin…” she breathed as her eyes moved from one thing to the next, trying to take everything in all at once. “This is… I can’t believe…” she laughed as she turned to face him. “This is perfect.” Jimin beamed at her compliment. He took her hand and led her to the entrance of the garden. “The photos all go in order. These ones are from our first meeting at the café and the dog café.”

 

Jisoo laughed, “I still can’t believe I lost the affection test.” Jisoo remembered with a smile. “Ah, look! These are from the first meal we cooked together! You looked so handsome.” Jimin smiled at the compliment as they continued to look through the photographs, each one bringing back a pleasant memory of the time they had spent together.

 

Once they had looked at every photo, Jimin sat her down onto a small bench before grabbing a small remote and a soft blanket. He sat down beside her, wrapping the blanket around the two of them. “It’s a little colder than I thought it would be.” He said as he carefully made sure that she was covered with the blanket.

 

He pressed a button on the remote and a projection screen slowly started to unfurl. “Oh my god!” Jisoo cried, surprised by the sudden appearance of the screen. “I wanted our last night to be full of memories.” He explained as music started to play and images appeared on the screen.

 

Neither of them breathed a word as the movie played, showing all of the moments they had shared together since their time of becoming a couple. Some of the scenes were from the show and others were of things that had happened behind the scenes. By the end of the movie, both of them had tears in their eyes, the full realisation that the time of their separation was upon them. Both of them desperately wished for the night to continue forever, but Jisoo was booked onto a flight to Japan for a promotional event for her new drama.

 

They both looked down at their intertwined fingers, neither aware of when they had reached out for each other. “Jimin, this was beyond perfect.” She wiped away a stray tear. “Thank you so much.” Jimin bit his lip, not wanting her to see him cry or for this moment to end. He gripped her fingers a little tighter, as if the tiny action would be enough to keep her by his side. “Nuna, I’ve really enjoyed every minute we’ve spent together.” Jisoo nodded, “So have I.” she threw her arms around him, both of them hugging each other fiercely as if the other was a lifeline.

 

Their moment was shattered by the sound of Jisoo’s manager calling her name. “Jisoo, we really need to go or we’re gonna miss the flight.” She said, the guilt clear to hear in her voice. Jisoo slowly pulled away from Jimin, forcing a smile onto her face. “Look at us being so dramatic.” She laughed, “You'd think we were never gonna see each other again.” she said, hoping to lighten the mood. Jimin nodded, trying to act the same, “You're right. You’re hosting the music show that we’re on in a couple of weeks, right?” he said, hoping he didn’t sound as heartbroken as he felt. The thought that he would only be able to steal moments with her when they were recording a music show together rather than all the times they had spent together up until now weighing heavily on his heart.

 

Jisoo nodded and reluctantly stood up, her chest clenching painfully as she took one last look at Jimin. “Take care, Jimin.” She said as she turned and followed her manager to their waiting car. Jimin bit his lip, his hands clenched into fists as he heard the sound of her car pulling away. He could hear the staff around him as they started to pack away their equipment. Some of them were still sniffling after crying along with them whilst the had been watching the movie of their memories. Their hug was so be the last moment together on the show. A sad ending to what had been a beautiful dream.

 

Jimin abruptly stood up, his hair hanging over his face. His manager approached him, placing a hand on his shoulder. “Hey, you okay?” he asked. “Hyung, can I have your keys?” Jimin asked. His manager hesitated. “Are you sure you’ll be okay to drive?” he asked cautiously. Jimin nodded. His manager scrutinised him for a moment before fishing his keys out of his pocket and handing them to the younger man. “Don’t come back too late.” He said as Jimin made his way to the car that was parked in front of the house. He let out a sigh as he watched the normally bubbly man look so forlorn. “I hope he’ll be okay…”