Chapter 08

We Got Married

Jisoo’s interview

 

Q: What did you think of your honeymoon destination?

 

Jisoo’s face lit up with a smile. “Oh my god! It was just perfect! I’ve always wanted to go to Thailand! It was gorgeous!”

 

 

 

From the moment they had arrived in Thailand, the weather had been perfect. When they arrived at the airport, they had been met by hundreds of fans who watched the show, many of them with signs showing their support for the couple. Jimin had kept Jisoo’s hand in his as they walked through the bustling crowd, wanting to make sure that they didn’t get separated.

 

After dropping off their things at their luxurious hotel and freshening up, they headed for the beach. They walked along the water’s edge, letting the warm water wash over their feet. It hadn’t taken long before Jisoo pushed Jimin into the water and a water fight ensued. Only coming to an end when Jimin had picked Jisoo up bridal style and dropped her into the water. Both of them emerged from the water, dripping wet and laughing.

 

“Not fair.” Jisoo whined as she pushed her soaking hair away from her face. Jimin chuckled and instinctively reached out to move her hair away from her eyes. Jisoo smiled at him, her heart racing from the simple gesture. Jimin chuckled warmly as he once again took her hand in his and they continued their walk along the beach, completely forgetting about the crew and cameras that followed their every step.

 

As they walked, Jimin spotted a small piece of wood that had washed up on the shore. “Wait here a second.” He said as he gave Jisoo a smile before rushing off. She watched him curiously as he grabbed the piece of wood, turning to give her a smile before he started writing in the sand. A laugh made its way out of when she realised what he was doing.

 

“Yah, are you writing our initials in the sand?” she asked, her heartbeat once again picking up speed. He turned to her again, this time extending his hand for hers. She walked up to him, taking his hand easily as she admired his handiwork. “Not bad.” She said. “But there's one thing missing.” She said as she took the piece of wood from Jimin's hand and drew a heart around their initials. She dropped the wood and rubbed her hands to get rid of the sand. “There we go. Perfect!” she said with a grin.

 

Jimin took her hands in his and wiped away the small pieces of sand that still clung to her skin. “Let’s take a picture with it.” He said, not aware of how much his actions were affecting her. She nodded and retrieved her phone from her manager, who had wisely held onto it before they had started playing in the water. They took countless photographs of themselves, their drawing and of the beach. They stayed on the beach to watch the sunset, Jimin having prepared a blanket to wrap around them both as the day got cooler.

 

Jisoo rested her head on his shoulder as they watched the sun go down. She could smell the strong, salty scent of the sea and the unique scent that was solely Jimin's. Jimin wrapped his arm tighter around her shoulder, holding the blanket around the two of them as he rested his head on top of hers. If questioned, he would say it was because of the cool night air, but in truth, he just wanted to have Jisoo in his arms.

 

 

Jimin's interview

 

Q: How did you enjoy your first day in Thailand?

 

Jimin smiled fondly as he thought back on the day. “It was amazing. We had so much fun, we actually forgot about the cameras.” He said with a smile.

 

 

Q: How did you get the idea to write your initials into the sand?

 

Jimin gave an embarrassed chuckle. “I actually saw it in a movie a while ago and I thought it was a really cute idea so I wanted to try it.”

 

 

 

That night after they returned to their room, they both realised that they would be sharing a bed. Both of them had been embarrassed, but neither wanted to show it. The staff had told them that they wanted them to appear more natural, so several cameras had been set up around the hotel room to capture their every move and the staff had left, retiring to their own rooms for the night.

 

They both took their turns to shower, Jisoo going first. She still felt a little nervous at showing Jimin her bare face, even though every time he saw her without makeup, he always told her how good she looked.

 

Jimin came out of the bathroom, his hair still damp, little droplets of water running down his face. He gave her an embarrassed grin as she waved him over to her side of the bed, a hairdryer in hand. He settled on the floor in front of her, her legs crossed on the bed above him. “I’ve always wanted to do this for my husband.” She admitted as she started drying his hair. Jimin could only grin goofily at the feeling of Jisoo’s fingers as they slowly worked through his hair, occasionally massaging his scalp. He closed his eyes and leant back against the bed, his head tilting back so that he could look up at Jisoo.

 

She smiled down at him as he squinted up at her, the hot air from the hairdryer keeping him from fully opening his eyes. Her hands began to sweat with nerves as his head rested against her legs, his eyes slowly slipping shut, a serene smile on his face.

 

Once his hair was dry, they both climbed into bed, Jimin bravely put his arm out, offering her to use it as a pillow. She fought down a blush as she gingerly laid her head on his arm. He giggled at the intimate position, wishing that it wasn’t all just for show. They chatted for a while, before their long day finally caught up with them both and fell asleep in the same position, Jisoo’s head on Jimin's arm, both of their faces only inches apart.

 

 

 

A few hours later, Jimin was sound asleep when he heard a noise from behind him. He wasn’t that light a sleeper. Living with six other men meant that he had learned to sleep through almost anything. He heard Jisoo mutter a pained ‘no’ before a loud bang sounded. He sat bolt upright, his eyes immediately landing on Jisoo who had rolled over to the other side of the bed. She was lying on her back, her eyes screwed shut and her arms by her head. A quick glance at her bedside table showed that the bang must have been her water bottle hitting the ground.

 

“Jisoo? Nuna, are you okay?” he said as he hesitantly reached out for her. She mumbled something he couldn’t understand as her body twitched away from him. “Nuna, you’re having a nightmare.” He said as he gently touched her arm, not sure if he should try and wake her up or not. Even though he couldn’t make out what she was saying, she sounded upset, pained whimpers making their way out of . A tear made its way out her closed eyes and he started to panic. “Nuna? Nuna?” he said as he took one of her hands into his, the other smoothing her hair away from her face.

She curled towards him, her head nuzzling against his hand. “Nuna, everything’s going to be okay.” He said gently. Her hand closed around his, pulling his hand against her body. He moved closer to her, “Nuna?” he said as she slowly stopped moving around, his name making its way past her lips. He couldn’t fight back the smile that made its way onto his face. “That’s right nuna, I’m here for you.” He said as he curled himself around her, pulling her against him. She sighed softly, her pained whimpers stopping completely once she was in his embrace.

 

He rested his head on top of hers, holding her close until her breathing completely evened out and her body relaxed. He looked down at the older woman in his arms, taking the time to drink in her appearance in the dimly lit room. “I’ll protect you, nuna.” He whispered, as he pressed a kiss to her forehead before lying down, keeping her in his arms as he drifted off to sleep.

 

The next morning, he didn’t mention to her about her nightmare. He didn’t want her to feel embarrassed about it. For the next three days, they spent their time exploring all of the wonderful sights in Thailand. They visited the Phi Phi Islands, The Grand Palace, The Golden Triangle and one of the famous floating markets. Both of them were disappointed when they had to return to Korea because of Jimin's schedule.

 

 

Jisoo’s interview

 

Q: How was your honeymoon?

 

A huge smile burst onto Jisoo’s face. “Oh my god it was amazing! I had the best time! I honestly can’t pick a favourite part! I just wish we had been able to stay a little longer. I had such an amazing time with Jimin. I’m sad it had to end so quickly.”

 

 

Jimin's interview

 

Q: What was your favourite part of your honeymoon?

 

“That it was with Jisoo.” He said before bursting into embarrassed giggles. “Oh my god that was so cheesy!” he said as he covered his red face. “It honestly was the best part though. I’m glad I got to spend that time with her.” he said with a warm smile.