Chapter 06

We Got Married

It was finally time for them to take their wedding photos. They met up at a small photo studio at the outskirts of Seoul. They both smiled shyly at each other as they met in the small waiting room. Jimin pulled out a chair for her before taking the seat next to her, both of them unable to wipe the smiles from their faces.

 

Their photographer appeared a few minutes later, a warm smile on his face as he appeared by the doorway. The both of them jumped to their feet to greet him as he approached the pair. “Wow, what a gorgeous couple!” he exclaimed, making them both chuckle out of embarrassment. “Sit down, please.” He said, his smile never leaving his face as he admired the both of them. “Wow, you two really look good together!” he said as he looked them over. “I can tell this photoshoot is going to be a great success!” he said with a laugh.

 

“Right, so let me explain the plan for the day. We’re going to do several shoots today, we’re going for an escalating concept.” He said looking at them to see if they understood what he meant. He saw their confused looks and quickly explained. “What it means is we’re going to start off with a shy, pure concept. Like you're a new couple that’s just started out there won't be any skin ship at this stage. Then we’ll step it up a bit.” He said, noting the looks of realization on their faces. “We’ll keep increasing the stages until we reach the final level.” He said, his smile turning into a smirk.

 

“What’s the final level?” Jisoo asked, hoping she didn’t sound as nervous as she felt. The photographer only chuckled, “You’ll find out when we get there.” he teased before clapping his hands together. “Let’s not waste any more time! Off to the dressing room!” he said as several hair and make-up artists appeared. “Good luck.” Jimin called to Jisoo as they were separated into different rooms.

 

 

Jimin was ready first. He was wearing a pair of denim shorts and a stripped top, the look was quite cute and summery. He was excited to see what Jisoo would be wearing. “Jisoo, are you almost ready?” he called to his wife. “Two more minutes!” she called back. He giggled in anticipation.

 

 

 

Jimin's interview

 

Q: What were your thoughts when you were waiting for Jisoo?

 

 “I was excited. I was curious to see what kind of outfit they would put her in.” he giggled, “I knew she was going to be pretty though.”

 

 

The curtain separating Jimin and Jisoo slid back and he couldn’t hide the smile on his face as he looked at her. She was wearing a pair of white ballet shoes, a white dress and a stripped scarf around her neck which perfectly matched his top. She smiled shyly at him as she took a couple of steps closer towards him. “You look really pretty, nuna.” He said, his cheeks turning scarlet. She didn’t get the chance to respond before they were ushered outside. They were thankful that the weather was mild outside.

 

The first part of the photoshoot was easy. They had a few solo shots each and then a few shots together, but like the photographer had promised, there was no skin ship or looking into each other’s eyes. It lulled them into a false sense of security, which they both knew wouldn’t last long. “Okay Jimin, now I want you to stand behind that wall there, that’s right. Now lean on it and look over at Jisoo. Jisoo, I want you to look off to the side with a smile. You're not supposed to know that Jimin is looking at you with eyes full of love.” The photographer said making them both giggle and blush before trying to school their features.

 

Jisoo brushed her hair out of her eyes and looked off to the side as she had been instructed, she was thankful that she was told to smile as looking at all of the staff watching them and taking countless photographs made her want to laugh. She barely noticed as the photographer snapped a few photos of them. “Okay! Fantastic! Your expressions were perfect!” the photographer shouted at them, giving them both thumbs up as he examined the photographs.

 

They were once again whisked away by their assistants who helped them change into their next outfits. This time they both came out in converse, ripped jeans, plain t-shirts, couple baseball jackets and matching hats. They both chuckled at the similarity of their outfits. They went back outside where a few stalls had been set up like at a carnival. They were instructed to just play freely, to make the shots look more natural. Their smiles and laughs were completely genuine as they played the games, teasing each other when they lost and praising each other when they won. The photographer shouted at them to hug, as if they were celebrating. They both blushed a little but wrapped their arms around each other as if they had just won one of the games.

 

They were then once again whisked off to get changed. Jimin kept his jeans but changed into a graphic tee and a leather jacket, his hair styled up, giving him more of a bad boy look. Jisoo had swapped her jeans for a pair of black, fitted, leather trousers and a graphic tee with a leather jacket of her own. Her makeup was much more dramatic this time. This time they stayed in the studio. A set of fake, spiral steps were erected against what looked like a bare, brick wall in the background which was plastered in band posters. Jimin sat a few steps up and Jisoo sat a step lower down, Jimin's legs on either side of her as he leant forward towards her.

 

She was surprised by how well he pulled off the concept and how well he managed to hold in his smile. He only laughed once before managing to keep his face straight, his gaze intense as he almost glared down the camera lens. She couldn’t help but stare at him, making the photographer call on her to focus. She apologised and Jimin gave her an encouraging look as he slid down so that he was on the step behind her and slinging his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer against him. She held her breath as she kept her face straight, not wanting to mess up the shoot. This time they were aiming for intense, not blushing messes.

 

One of the assistants ran forward and gave her a piece of bubble-gum. She quickly chewed it and blew a fair sized bubble, holding it there until the photographer had taken enough shots. She let the bubble burst and pulled the sticky pink bubble-gum back into . The photographer grinned at the pair. “Okay, I did say this was an escalation shoot and things are about to escalate!” he shouted, a grin on his face. “I want you to blow a bubble again, roughly about the same size as the last one but this time I want you to hold it and turn to face Jimin and Jimin, I want you to press your lips against the bubble.” Both of them started at the instruction. “What?” Jimin asked as Jisoo turned red and started fanning her face with her hand.

 

“This is the last shot before we take a break for lunch!” he promised, still smirking at the pair. Jisoo nervously chewed on the bubble-gum. She tried to blow a bubble but she blew too hard, the bubble popping almost immediately. Jimin bravely reached down and grabbed her hand. “It’s okay.” he whispered as he squeezed her hand, unaware that the photographer had managed to capture the moment perfectly. She smiled back at him before blowing a perfectly sized bubble. She tugged on Jimin's hand and he leant forward, his lips brushing against the pink bubble, the sweet taste lingering on his lips.

 

He looked forward, his gaze meeting Jisoo's. They blinked at each other, their hands subconsciously tightening in each other’s as the photographer took an obscene amount of photographs from every angle imaginable. “Okay, perfect!” he called and Jimin pulled back, the bubble bursting as it stuck to his suddenly dry lips. “Let’s take a break for lunch, there's food in the other studio. We’ll start prepping again in one hour!” he called, his assistants all yelling out their agreement.

 

Jimin and Jisoo were given bathrobes to wear over their clothes to make sure they didn’t mess up any of the clothes as they ate. They huddled together as they ate, both of them feeling more at ease than they had expected. “What do you think?” Jimin asked. Jisoo laughed, “I think the photographer is very unique.” She whispered. Jimin chuckled. “I think so too.” He whispered back. “I think the photos will turn out well though. It’s good that they're a bit more unusual.” She said as she continued to eat.

 

 

 

 

Jisoo's interview

 

Q: What did you think of the photoshoot?

 

“Oh my god! I’ve never had a photoshoot like that before in my life!” she said as she fanned her face at the memory. “Where did he get all those ideas? I mean the kiss with the bubble-gum?” she said with a laugh. “I think the photos are going to look good though. I'm really excited to see them.”

 

 

 

Their lunchtime passed quickly and they were once again rushed away to change into their next outfits. This time they were in casual clothes but they were in matching aprons as they headed into a kitchen set up. They took several photos, Jisoo standing behind Jimin, helping him to cut up some vegetables. Him smearing flour onto her face. Him hugging her from behind as he watched her cook. Neither of them could deny that the skin ship level had definitely increased from the morning’s photoshoot.

 

They changed clothes again, this time Jimin was in sweatpants and a tank top, his hair held back with a snapback which was sitting backwards. Jisoo was wearing matching sweatpants and a cropped top, her hair tied in a high ponytail. They were led to a wall made of mirrors, made to look similar to Jimin's practice room. The photographer told them to dance freely. Jisoo laughed, knowing that she was going to be useless. Jimin guided her through some moves, BTS songs blaring in the background, giving him a surge of confidence. They took several shots of them dancing side by side before the photographer ordered her to sit and watch while Jimin danced for her.

 

He smiled at the opportunity to dance for her. He looked straight at her as his body moved of its own accord. She sat, entranced by his movements. Everything else blurred away, all she could see was Jimin. The way he moved so gracefully, the faint sheen of sweat on his face as he put his all into his short performance. Once he finished she clapped and cheered loudly before grabbing a small towel that was lying beside her. Before he realized what was happening, she moved forward and dabbed at the sweat on his face, careful not to mess up his makeup. The shutter of the camera snapped furiously behind them as the photographer tried to capture every second of their interaction.

 

She smiled at him. “That was amazing.” She said making him glow with pride. “Thanks, nuna.” He said, happy to receive her words of praise. The photographer quickly pulled over a book of photographs, flicking through to find the page he wanted. “Right, so these are the poses I want you two to copy, this is the second last stage so we’re really stepping it up!” he said. Jimin and Jisoo nodded as they looked at the photographs, both of them nervous at the amount of skin ship they were about to perform.

 

The photographer moved back to his place, his camera at the ready as he waited for them to take their places. “Is this okay?” Jimin asked as he reached out for her, his hand stopping inches away from her, giving her the chance to back out if she felt too uncomfortable. She nodded, not wanting to pass up such a golden opportunity. Jimin gently held her around the waist and tipped her backwards, her arms raising and wrapping around his neck. The photographer called out praise and words of encouragement to them. “That’s perfect now look deep into each other’s eyes! Perfect! Perfect, now lean in a little closer Jimin! That’s right, lean right in like you're going in for a kiss!” he shouted.

 

Jimin giggled, almost losing his grip around her waist as they both started laughing. “Ah~ this is so awkward!” he said as he helped her straighten up. They both sighed in relief as the assistants beckoned to them to go get changed for the final photoshoot. Both of them were nervous, neither of them knowing what to expect.

 

 

Jimin's interview

 

Q: What were you expecting for the final part of the photoshoot?

 

He laughed, “I honestly had no idea! The photographer had so many crazy ideas that I had no idea what to expect! But when we walked into the studio…”