Chapter 01

We Got Married

Jimin's interview

 

Q: What kind of wife do you want?

 

Jimin fought back the blush that threatened to colour his cheeks. “Ah~ The hyungs often ask me this. I want a girl who matches well with me. I hope that we will like the same things and have the same interests. Someone with some aegyo?” he laughed at his own answer.

 

Q: What about looks?

 

He thought for a second, his fingers twisting in the material of his oversized sweatshirt sleeves. “I don’t mind too much about looks, but it would be nice if she was shorter than me.” He said, his ears turning red.

 

 

Jisoo's interview

 

Q: What kind of husband do you want?

 

She brushed her hair away from her face as she thought about her answer. “Someone who likes the same things as me? I can be a little shy when I first meet people, but if we have similar interests then we’ll have something to talk about.”

 

Q: What about looks?

 

“Hhhmmm, maybe a cute looking guy?” she laughed. “I don’t know! As long as our personalities match well I don’t mind too much.”

 

 

 

 

 

At the BTS dorm

 

*A mission card appeared*

 

Jimin took the card, the other members of BTS whooping and hollering behind him as he read the card aloud. “Tomorrow will be the day you finally meet your wife.” More hollering from his band mates. “Aish, shut up!” he yelled with a laugh, his face turning red as he threw a cushion at his laughing members. “Pack up the belongings you will need to stay in your new home and prepare for your first meeting.” Jimin turned redder as he read the card. “So I meet her tomorrow?” he asked as he looked at the camera, a happy yet nervous smile on his lips.

 

 

At Jisoo’s apartment

 

*The same mission card appeared*

 

“Ah, so it’s finally tomorrow?” she read through the card again. “Can’t you give me any hints?” she asked, looking around the staff. They all chuckled and shook their heads. “Come on, one little hint?” they all shook their heads again. “You guys are mean.” She said as she started packing to move into her newly wed house.

 

 

 

 

The next day

 

Jimin sat alone in a small café in the middle of Seoul, a bouquet of flowers lying on the table beside him. He glanced at the staff surrounding him and gave them an embarrassed grin. “Do I look okay?” he asked as he adjusted his clothes. The staff gave him words of praise making him almost giggle with nerves. He looked through the large window that looked out onto the street. A lot of fans were gathered outside, he gave them a quick wave before turning back around, nervously playing with his coffee mug.

 

He checked his watch. “Ah~ Why did I get here so early?” he said aloud, not expecting anyone to answer. “It’s just making me more nervous.” He said as he tapped his fingers on the table in front of him. He got up and started walking around the cafe, feeling the need to burn off some of his nervous energy. His eyes constantly darting towards the doorway, waiting for the woman he would be calling wife from today onwards. He pulled a small envelope out from his back pocket, a smile appearing on his face as he thought about the contents.

 

The bell above the door sounded and he spun around, his palms sweating with nerves, but instead of his wife at the door, it was one of the staff members. They waved at him as an apology as the rest of the staff chuckled at his reaction.  He bounced nervously from foot to foot as he waited. Eventually he heard the fans going crazy outside. “Is it her?” he asked the staff, his heart suddenly in his mouth. He rushed forward and grabbed the flowers, holding them in front of himself as he took a deep breath.

 

The door opened and his wife walked in. He couldn’t hold back his grin when he saw her. He had heard rumours about who would be his wife for the show, but he hadn’t expected it to be her. They had previously been special guest hosts on a music show for one episode. Even though they had met only once since then, he was glad that he was at least a little familiar with her.

 

Her eyes lit up with recognition when she saw him. “Jimin!” she said happily as she approached him. “Jisoo nuna!” he said back, with as much enthusiasm. “These are for you!” he said, bowing as he held out the flowers for her. “Oh my! They’re beautiful!” she said as she took the flowers from him, a huge smile on her face. He straightened up, his smile never leaving his face. “D-do you want something to drink?” he asked, a slight blush making its way onto his face as he stuttered. She nodded, “Yeah, that sounds good.”

 

He rushed passed her to pull her chair out for her. She sat down and put the flowers on the table next to her, feeling a little flustered because of their first meeting as husband and wife. “What would you like?” he asked. “Iced Americano please.” He nodded and rushed off to place their order. He returned to their table and sat opposite her. They both chuckled at the awkward atmosphere. “I’m glad that we’re together.” She said. He nodded in agreement. “It makes it a little less awkward because we know each other a little, right?”

 

She nodded, “It’s still a little weird though.” She said making them both laugh, the awkwardness slipping just a little. The waitress brought them their drinks, bowing to them both before leaving. “Your new album is amazing by the way.” she said making him beam with pride. “Thank you! I saw your latest photo shoots, you look amazing. The concept was really pretty.” She blushed, “You know I’m not very good with the cutesy stuff.” She admitted. Jimin chuckled, remembering that when they had been the guest MC’s on the music show, they had requested her to do some aegyo when introducing a song. It had taken her countless attempts to do it without laughing.

 

They spent almost an hour in the café, remembering memories from their time as MC’s and talking about their recent schedules. Once their drinks were finished, Jimin told her that he had prepared a second part to their date. “Where are we going?” she asked as she picked up her flowers. “It’s a surprise.” He said as he led her out to a car. He climbed into the driver’s seat, catching her by surprise. “I didn’t know you had your license!” she exclaimed as she climbed into the passenger seat. He laughed, “When I found out I was going to be on the show I quickly sat the test.” He admitted.

 

He set up the navigation, making sure she didn’t peek at their destination. When they finally arrived, she almost squealed with excitement. “Is this a pet café?” she asked excitedly. Jimin laughed at her enthusiasm. “Yeah, do you like it?” he asked as he parked the car. “I love it! Let’s go!” They got out of the car and headed up to the pet café. Jimin paid for their entry fee, even though she tried to protest. He told her that as a man, he wanted to pay for their first date.

 

They went into the café and both of them were completely taken aback by the number of animals roaming around. A large husky immediately appeared by her side. She dropped to her knees and hugged the large dog, “Oh my goodness you're so fluffy!” she exclaimed as she rubbed her face against the dog’s fur. Jimin bent down and patted the dogs nose. “He’s so big!” he said in awe. They spent the next half an hour playing with all the dogs that were roaming around before they took a seat at the back of the café. She held a small puppy in her arms.

 

“Let’s play a game.” She suggested. “Let’s do an affection test with the puppy, the loser has to tell the other their true thoughts about when they found out who their partner was going to be.” Jimin nodded in agreement and one of the staff members took the puppy. Jimin grabbed a dog treat while she grabbed a toy. They both whistled and called to the puppy who ran between the two of them before finally going to Jimin. “Food wins!” he cheered as he picked up the small puppy, scratching her behind the ears. “I can’t believe I lost my own game.” She said with a pretend, over dramatic sigh.

 

“Okay, so now you need to tell me your true thoughts when we met this afternoon.” He said, suddenly feeling nervous again. She turned to face him, “Okay. To be honest. I was kinda nervous about doing this show. I mean pretending to be married and all that… I’m not sure if I’ll be good at this type of thing. I was really worried that I would end up being paired with someone who would be the complete opposite of me and we would clash. But when I walked through the door of the café and saw you, I was relieved. I know we don’t know each other really well. But when we were MC's together, I thought you were really easy-going and so friendly, so when I saw you standing there with the flowers, I suddenly didn’t feel nervous anymore.”

 

Jimin dipped his head with embarrassment from her words. He scratched the puppy’s ears as a distraction. “I felt the same.” He admitted shyly. “I’m still kinda worried about whether or not I’ll be a good husband to you… I don’t really have experience with this kind of thing. But when I saw you come through that door, I became a little less anxious.” They both grinned at each other. “Come on. There's a big fluffy puppy over there that I’m just dying to hug.” She said as she jumped to her feet, Jimin following right behind.

 

 

Jimin's solo interview

 

Q: What did you think when you saw that Jisoo was your wife?

 

Jimin grinned, “I was so happy. Jisoo nuna and I have met before and we got on really well. So when I saw her I was so happy.”

 

Q: Why did you chose the pet café for a date?

 

He laughed, “I have no experience with dating! I asked the hyungs but they gave me horrible ideas! I looked up some dating ideas on the internet and the pet café seemed like a good idea.”

 

 

 

Jisoo’s solo interview

 

Q: What did you think when you saw that Jimin was your husband?

 

“I was so relieved! Jimin and I got on really well when we were MC’s before, so I think we’ll make a good couple. Also, I’m a big fan of BTS, but don’t tell him!” she said with a laugh, knowing that it was no secret that she was a BTS fan.

 

Q: What do you think of the date he prepared for the two of you?

 

“It was a really cute idea! It gave us a chance to talk and get to know each other a little better. Plus, at the end of the date he gave me a letter.” She took the letter out of her pocket. “I won't show it to you~” she said in a teasing voice. “But he says that he was nervous about meeting me but that he wants to be a good husband.” She said with a big grin.