Chapter 07

We Got Married

Jisoo’s interview

 

Q: What did you think of the final photoshoot?

 

“Well it was certainly different! I don’t know what I was expecting, but it wasn’t that!” she said with a laugh. “It was amazing though, even if things didn’t exactly go according to plan…”

 

 

 

Jimin was dressed in black dress trousers and a white shirt, the top buttons left undone, exposing his collarbones and part of his chest. He waited for Jisoo to appear, wondering what she would be dressed in for their final shoot. His jaw dropped when the curtain was pulled back. She was wearing a floor length, deep red dress. There was a slit up the side of the dress that went almost indecently high. He gulped as he forced his eyes upwards, the front and back of the dress were cut low enough to make him force his eyes directly up to her face. Her hair was lightly curled and perfectly arranged around her face. “Nuna…” he breathed. She stepped towards him. “Jimin, you look great.” She said as she took her time to admire his outfit. “Nuna, you're gorgeous!” he blurted out. She smiled, happy for his comment. “Isn’t it a little much?” she asked. He shook his head. “You look amazing.” He said as he held his arm out for her while his heart thundered in his chest. She slipped her arm through his, letting him lead her to the studio they had been in earlier.

 

The bare brick wall had been covered to look like the interior of a luxurious house but what caught their attention was the bathtub. They approached it, expecting it to be empty, but it was half-filled with water. They looked at each other, wondering who would have to be submerged in the water. The photographer came forward and arranged them, Jimin resting on the edge of the tub, Jisoo standing in-between his legs, her fingers gently gripping his chin, his hand resting on her lower back as she leant over him. They lost count of how many times the shutter of the camera sounded behind them. Jimin kept his eyes firmly on hers as they changed their positions, him spreading his legs to allow her to settle in-between them, her back to him as he wrapped his arms around her waist, his head resting on her shoulder before he turned his head slightly, almost nuzzling against the crook of her neck.

 

They took lots of photographs, far more than they had for any of the previous shots in a variety of different poses. Finally, the photographer told Jimin that he would be the one to get into the tub. He tested the water with his hands, thankful that the water wasn’t too cold. He slipped into the water, laughing when his shirt immediately turned see though. “Nuna, don’t look.” He said feeling embarrassed. “But you look so handsome!” she teased, hoping to cover up the feeling that was settling inside of her at seeing him like that.

 

She leant over him as instructed, their lips a mere hairsbreadth away from each other’s. His arms were draped over the side of the bathtub, the wet material of his shirt clinging to his body as he stared into her eyes. He slowly lifted one of his hands, barely grazing the skin of her cheek. She knew that they were supposed to kiss, the thought made her tingle all over. She her lips as Jimin reached up, closing the gap between them. Her eyes automatically slipped closed the second his lips touched hers. They stayed that way, frozen, their lips pressed together as the sound of the shutter sounded relentlessly in the background.

 

Eventually the photographer told them to stop and she pulled away, the faintest tint of red staining Jimin's lips where her lipstick had transferred between them. They exchanged a shy look before she tried to push herself up, but her hands slipped on the edge of the wet bath. Jimin had just enough time to reach up and cradle her head, pulling her into his chest to stop her head from connecting with the side of the bath as she fell forward. She let out a yelp as she fell forward, her body connecting with the hard muscles of Jimin's body and the already cool water he was lying in. She blinked up at him, water droplets clinging to her face. There was a tense moment before they both burst out laughing. Neither of them noticed as the camera clicked incessantly behind them as Jimin reached up and pushed the damp strands of her hair away from her face.

 

“Well, we wanted our photos to be different!” he said making her double over with laughter again. “I think we succeeded there!” she said back, both of them still laughing. Two of the assistants ran forward and helped her out of the bathtub, Jimin jumping out after her. They were immediately wrapped in fluffy bathrobes. “I can’t believe I fell in.” she said, shaking her head at her clumsiness. Jimin chuckled. “It’s okay, it was kinda cute.” He said making her smile at him, the photographer once again taking photographs without them noticing. “You should go get changed before you get sick.” Jimin urged. She nodded, “You should too.” She said as they made their way back to their own dressing rooms.

 

 

 

 

Once they had both dried off and changed into their own clothes, they met back in the waiting area at the front of the studio. Jimin smiled as she approached him. He held out a hand warmer for her, knowing that although the weather was nice, she was probably a little cold from her unexpected dip into the bath. “Are you cold?” he asked. She shook her head as she played with the hand warmer. “I’m okay, how about you?” she asked. “I’m fine.” He said. “Come on, we should head back.” He said as he led her out to his car. She yawned loudly when she sat down. She had been working until late into the night before she had gone to the photoshoot in the morning. Jimin gave her a concerned look. “You should sleep. It’s been a long day.” She shook her head, blinking sleepily at him. “No, it wouldn’t be fair.” She protested.

 

Jimin tutted at her and leant over her, grabbing the lever at the opposite side of her chair, making it slowly tilt backwards. “Sleep. I’ll wake you up when we get back.” He promised. She nodded, too tired to protest any further. Jimin smiled down at her before twisting around and grabbing his jacket from the backseat. He gently covered her with it, smiling when she snuggled against the soft fabric. “Sleep well.” He whispered as he started the car and began their journey back home.

 

 

Jimin's interview

 

Q: How did you feel seeing Jisoo falling asleep in the car?

 

“Would it be weird if I say I felt kinda proud?” he asked with a laugh. “I mean if she was able to fall asleep so easily like that it must mean that she trusts me, right? She must feel comfortable with me to fall asleep like that. I feel quite proud knowing that she feels like that about me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally the moment they had both been waiting for had arrived. The wedding.

 

 

 

They had agreed to keep the wedding simple. They had each invited a few friends to attend the ceremony which was being held outside. Their wedding photos had arrived the day before and were on display for all of their guests to admire. Even though he had already seen her in her wedding dress, his breath still caught in his throat when she appeared before him. He swore that he had never seen someone so beautiful in his life. His smile wide as she smiled shyly at him. As she walked down the aisle towards him, it had taken all of her self-control not to run down the aisle to meet him at the altar. The ceremony was short and sweet, each of them reciting their vows with so much emotion that a few of the guests actually teared up.

 

A few guests gave words of well wishes to the pair, Namjoon's speech bringing both of them, and most of the guests to tears with his kind and supportive words. After the tears and laughter caused by the speeches, they then moved indoors for a meal, which was soon followed by a host of games and activities. There was a strength test for Jimin where he had to carry his bride and perform squats, each time shouting out caring words to his wife and the promises he intended to keep now that they were married. Her personal favourite was that he would never make her cry and would protect her forever. It had made her heart flutter in a way that she would never admit out loud.

 

Once they had finished eating and all of the guests had gone home, they finally returned to their home, both of them completely exhausted. Jisoo flopped down onto their shared bed, still in her wedding dress. Jimin chuckled as he perched at the end of the bed. “Tired?” he asked, already knowing the answer. She nodded, her eyes already closed. “I don’t think I've ever been this tired before.” She whined with a laugh. Jimin chuckled at her cute actions. “It’s been a long day. You should get some rest.” He said as he got to his feet. She nodded but remained lying down. “Yup, I’m going to sleep like this.” She said. “Yah~ You can’t sleep in your dress.” Jimin said as he gently grabbed her hands and pulled her into a sitting position. She whined at him, opening her eyes and blinking up at him. Jimin picked up her pyjamas that matched his from the bed and placed them onto her lap. “Go get changed.” He ordered gently.

 

“I’m too tired.” She whined playfully. Jimin chuckled and without warning, bent down and scooped her up into his arms. She squealed, suddenly fully awake as she wrapped her arms around her neck. “Jimin!” she shrieked as he headed towards the bathroom. He gently put her down by the door, rushing back into the bedroom to grab her pyjamas which had fallen when he had picked her up.

 

 

Jisoo’s interview

 

Q: How did you feel when Jimin picked you up?

 

“Wah, my heart was beating so quickly!” she said, her face flushing slightly from the memory. “He's deceptively strong! He lifted me like it was nothing! And I’m not light!” she said, a note of awe in her voice at her husband’s strength.

 

 

 

Once they were both changed, they returned to the bedroom. Jimin helped her get under the blanket while he lay on top of the blanket. The both lay on their sides looking at each other. “Did you have fun today?” Jimin asked, smiling at her makeup less face. She nodded, “It was perfect. It was everything I had imagined and more.” She admitted with a smile. “How about you?” she asked. He nodded, “Same. Everything was perfect.” They both chuckled as they continued to talk late into the night, their tiredness melting away as the night faded into the gentle light of the early morning.