Chapter 04

We Got Married

A few days later, Jimin had a performance with BTS. He had invited Jisoo to see his performance but she had apologised, telling him that she already had a schedule at that time. One of members of the camera crew had followed him, telling him that they wanted some shots of him performing for the show. The cameraman stood in the hallway with him, asking some questions from the production crew.

 

 

Q: Tell us about your performance.

 

“This is a performance my members and I have been working on for a while. Hobi hyung is the guest MC for the show and we will perform as well. We’re going to perform three songs, two of our own songs then Hobi hyung and I will have a special performance at the end of the show.” He said with an excited smile.

 

Q: Is it true that you asked Jisoo to come today?

 

His smile faltered for just a second. “Ah, yeah, that’s right. I asked Jisoo nuna if she had time to come because Hobi hyung and I have the special stage at the end. I thought she’d enjoy it, but she already has a schedule.” He said, forcing a laugh to hide his disappointment.

 

 

 

 

He had been so excited about the performance. They had worked so hard on the choreography; he was sure that she would have loved it. He had been really disappointed when she had told him that she already had a schedule at that time so she wouldn’t be able to attend.

 

Namjoon called for him to go to rehearsal. He bowed to the cameraman, apologising for having to run off before jogging off to catch up with the rest of his band mates. The cameraman went down the hallway, the opposite way Jimin had gone, filming the whole time. He reached the back door to the building, swinging it open to reveal Jisoo. “Where is he?” she whispered as she peeked in the door. “At rehearsal.” The cameraman said back. She grinned and slipped into the building, two large bags in her hands.

 

She wandered through the endless maze of corridors until she found BTS’ dressing room. She knocked loudly, asking the cameraman to go in first, just in case Jimin had returned for something. He waved her in and she darted into the room. She waved to the staff that were in the room, some of them giggling at her appearance, knowing that she was Jimin's wife. She bowed to them all, asking them to keep her appearance a secret from Jimin. She put her large bags onto the ground, clearing a large table before pulling out container after container of food.

 

The cameraman filmed her every movement, making sure to get some close-ups of the food. “I rearranged my filming yesterday.” She said as she unpacked the food. “We filmed right through until four in the morning instead of filming this morning so that I would have time to prepare all this.” She said as she continued to open more containers. “Did you prepare all this yourself?” the cameraman asked in surprise. She nodded, “Yeah, I still haven’t slept.” She said with a laugh. “I know that the seven of them eat a lot, so I wanted to make sure there was enough.” She said, half to herself as she finally set out the last of the containers and placing seven sets of chopsticks and spoons onto the table. She placed an envelope on the table with Jimin's name written on the front.

 

She pulled out a few containers of kimbap and handed them to one of their stylists, asking her to pass it around the staff. They all thanked her for taking the time to prepare food for them as well, all of them touched by her kindness. She asked the staff if there was somewhere she could hide until the boys came back. They pointed her towards a small room just off to the side of the main dressing room. There were only two couches and a load of boxes in the room along with the boy’s personal belongings, which meant she was out of sight when the boys came into the room. She flopped down onto the couch, letting out a content sigh. “I’ve never sat on anything so comfortable before.” She said as her eyes slipped shut in bliss.

 

 

Once their rehearsal was finished, the boys made their way back to their dressing room, all of them discussing how well their rehearsal had gone. When they opened the dressing room door, the smell of food immediately hit them. They all rushed up to the table, practically drooling at the sight and smell of the food. “Woah! This looks amazing!” Jin said as he took a seat at the table. He noticed the small envelope, a huge smile plastering itself onto his face. “Jimin~” he said in a singsong voice. “I think this is for you.” He said as he handed the younger man the envelope.

 

He opened the envelope and took out the letter, the other six boys hanging over his shoulder trying to read the letter. He blushed as he read the letter wishing him a good performance and saying that she hoped that they all enjoyed the food. Taehyung grabbed the letter out of his hand, ignoring his yell of protest as he held it so that him and Jungkook could see it better. “Wah, hyung you’re so lucky!” Jungkook teased. “You have such a good wife!” Hoseok exclaimed. “She made so much food!” Namjoon said, impressed with the amount of food that was crammed onto the table in front of them. The staff shouted over that she had made food for them as well, the six boys craning around to see the open containers of kimbap that were already half finished.

 

The boys all grabbed chopsticks and spoons and started eating, all of them immediately complimenting the food. “You’re going to get fat if your wife keeps on cooking like this.” Yoongi teased as he grabbed some more food. Jimin blushed at all the compliments. He looked up at the cameraman who was filming the full thing. “Did nuna bring this herself?” he asked. The cameraman nodded. “Is she still here? Or did she have to leave because of her schedule.” The cameraman chuckled and pointed in the direction of the room where Jisoo had gone to hide. He quickly got up, shouting over his shoulder for the others to leave him some food.

 

He opened the door, a warm smile on his face as he saw Jisoo, sound asleep on the couch. He chuckled as he shut the door behind him, wanting to block out the noise of the people in the other room. He went to his bag and pulled out his hoodie, draping it over her. He smiled at her as he gently brushed her hair away from her face.

 

 

 

Q: How did you feel when you saw all the food Jisoo had prepared for you and your members?

 

A faint blush covered his cheeks. “I couldn’t believe it! She said she was too busy to come to our performance but then she ended up coming, and bringing enough food to feed everyone! All the guys were jealous of how amazing my wife is.” He said, feeling quite proud.

 

Q: Did you know that she rearranged her schedule and stayed up all night so that she could cook and go to your performance?

 

Jimin gasped. “What? She did?” a look of guilt flashed across his face. “I didn’t know she did that. She didn’t tell me!” he said guiltily. “I’ll need to think of a way to make it up to her.” he said, as he started brainstorming ideas.

 

 

 

Jisoo slowly blinked awake, coming face to face with Jimin. He jumped back, not wanting her to think he had been up to anything strange. She sat up quickly, smoothing down her hair. “Jimin! I’m so sorry, I must have fallen asleep!” she said with a chuckle, hoping her make up wasn’t too smudged. He chuckled at her. “It’s okay.” He said with a bright smile. “Are you hungry? We just started eating.” He said as he extended his hand to her. She took his hand and he led her out to meet s. They all cheered and whistled at seeing the two of them holding hands, but Jimin just squeezed her hand tighter as he introduced them all to her one by one, proudly introducing her as his wife, a giggle making its way out of his mouth as he did so.

 

Yoongi and Hoseok shifted, giving Jimin and Jisoo enough room to sit down together. Jimin grabbed his chopsticks and quickly piled some food on top of his serving of rice and handed it to her. “No, no! you eat! You’ll need the energy for your special performance later.” She said, pressing the bowl into his hand. “Are you sure, nuna?” he asked. She nodded, “I already ate lots when I was preparing this. Eat.” She commanded with a smile. Jimin ate happily with the others, all of them asking her lots of questions about how Jimin was as a husband and her asking them for embarrassing stories about her new husband, which the members were only too happy to share.

 

He felt guilty that they were all eating while she sat there chatting with them with nothing but a bottle of water. He knew that she had said she had already eaten, but he still felt guilty. When the others were distracted by their own conversations, he held up his chopsticks in front of her. She blushed at the offered food, quickly glancing in the direction of his band members before taking the food. She heard chuckling and whispers from around them, making her face burn but Jimin just smiled happily at her, quickly grabbing more food and offering it to her. She grinned as she took the food, happy to ignore the teasing comments from his band mates.

 

 

Once they had finished eating, it was time for them to go get ready for their first performance. She patiently waited for them as their stylists reapplied their make up and fixed their hair. She stuck by Jimin's side, but tried to stay out of the way at the same time. Once they were ready to go, she made her way out to her reserved seat in the audience. She grabbed Jimin's arm before she went. “Good luck. You’re going to be amazing.” She said, making a bright smile appear on his face before she disappeared down the hallway.

 

 

 

Q: How did you feel when Jisoo wished you good luck before your performance?

 

“I felt like I could do anything.” He said, a smile appearing on his face, his eyes a little unfocused as he returned to that moment in his mind. “Lots of people have wished me good luck before a performance before, but for some reason, coming from her, it just felt a little more meaningful.”

 

 

 

When he stepped on stage, Jimin was completely focused. He wished that he could look out into the crowd and find Jisoo. He knew roughly what area she would be sitting in, but the bright lights aimed at the stage made it impossible to locate her exactly. He took a deep breath as the song started and he launched into the choreography, determined to make his wife proud of him.

 

They completed two songs before leaving the stage. He had twenty minutes before his special stage with Hoseok. The two of them separated from the rest of the group to go over their moves until the very last minute when they were called up to be on standby. They watched nervously as the other MC’s wrapped up the show and prepared to call them onto the stage. He wiped his sweaty hands on his thighs, praying that he didn’t make any mistakes.

 

Hoseok wrapped his arm around his shoulders, as if he sensed his worries. “Don’t worry. We’ve gone over this a million times.” He said encouragingly as he gave him a bright smile. The MC’s announced them and they ran onto the stage to find their starting positions. He took a couple of deep breaths before the music kicked in. He cleared his mind, trying to focus on nailing the performance and not focusing on how nervous he was. He moved on cue, his body naturally reacting to the beat of the music. He put everything he had into the performance. By the time the song ended, he was sweating more than he thought possible.

 

The roar of the crowd was deafening as the stage lights swivelled around to illuminate the crowd. A laugh bubbled up through his chest as the lights purposely landed on Jisoo, showing her with a sign with his name on it as she jumped and waved at him, he could tell she was shouting his name, even if her voice was mingled in with the rest of the crowd. He bravely blew a kiss in her direction before rushing off the stage.

 

 

 

Q: What did you think of Jimin's performance?

 

“Oh my god. I literally don’t have the words to describe it. I mean, I’ve seen lots of his performances on TV before but actually being there in the crowd and watching him was just a whole new experience. He was amazing!”

 

Q: What did you think of his kiss?

 

Her cheeks flushed pink. “Did you tell him to do that? Was it like a mission?” she asked, looking at the writer and director who shook their heads, matching grins on their faces. Jisoo let out an embarrassed chuckle. “It was really cute. It made my heart race.”

 

Q: What is your opinion of Park Jimin? Has it changed from when you first met?

 

She thought about the question for a while before answering. “There's definitely more to Park Jimin than I thought originally. I thought he was this cute guy but that’s only a small part of him. I think we’re gonna get on really well.” She said with a smile.