Chapter 05

We Got Married

Jimin's interview

 

Q: What made you blow Jisoo a kiss at the end of your performance?

 

Jimin giggled at the question, a flare of pink staining his cheeks as he fidgeted with the end of his sweater. “I don’t know! I was just feeling good after the performance and when the lights landed on her I just did it naturally. I think I must be thinking of her like my real wife now.” He said as he covered his mouth in an attempt to hide his wide smile.

 

 

 

 

A few days after his performance, they were due to meet up again. Jimin was planning something and had begged the staff to keep it as a surprise for her. She was finishing up a recording when one of the cameramen from the show turned up and handed her a small, white envelope that was different from the large, red ones that she normally received from the show. “What’s this? A mission?” she asked as she took the envelope. The cameraman only smiled in response. Inside was a small, handwritten card.

 

“Jagi-ah, I hope you're prepared.

I have something that needs to be declared.

Solve the riddles and find the clue.

To see what will be waiting for you.”

 

“Did Jimin write this?” she asked with a smile, a small giggle making its way out of as she read the card again. The cameraman handed her another card. She quickly pulled out the small card and read it aloud.

 

“Here is a clue to your first destination.

It is a place where one feels elation.

If you can figure out my plan.

Find me if you can.

In winter I wear a coat.

But I’ll never gloat.

In the summer I’m sure to pant.

Can you figure it out? I bet you can’t.”

 

She read the card over and over again. “What the heck does it mean? I’m going to call him.” She said as she rushed to her dressing room to get her phone. She quickly pulled up Jimin's number and called him, re-reading his card again. He finally answered with a “Hey.” His voice teasing, knowing exactly why she was calling him. “Yah, Park Jimin! I got your card, what does it mean?” she said holding up the card in front of her. He chuckled through the line at her. “It’s a game, nuna. You have to work out where to go from the clue I gave you.” He said, almost in a sing-song voice. “You know I’m useless at these types of things. Can’t you give me a hint?” she pleaded.

 

He laughed outright this time at her sudden change in tone. “No can do, nuna. Just think about it, when you figure it out and get there, make sure to take a selfie as proof and send it to me, okay?” she sighed, disappointed that he hadn’t given her any clues. “Okay, fine. You know I might never get there though.” She teased. He laughed, “I believe in you nuna.” She hung up and read the card again. “Right, the first part is just telling me that once I figure this out I have to go to the destination. The rest of it…” she trailed off as she read the card over and over again. She paced the length of the dressing room over and over again as she pondered over the meaning of the card.

 

Sometime later she froze in place. “Oh my god!” she screamed, startling everyone in the room. “It’s a dog!” she yelled. “It wears a fur coat and it pants in the summer to cool down! Oh my god, I am going to kill him! He must be at the dog café we went to before!” she said, earning cheers from the camera crew for finally figuring it out. She quickly changed into her own clothes and rushed to her car. She typed in the name of the pet café they had gone to before and made her way there as quickly as she could without breaking the speed limit.

 

 

 

When she arrived, there were already several members of the crew there waiting for her. They cheered as she pulled up beside them and stepped out of her car. “Is he here?” She asked as she rushed up to the door. She staff ushered her into the quiet café. A few dogs ran up to her as she opened the security gate inside. She bent down and cuddled each of them. “Have you guys seen my husband?” she jokingly asked a rather playful puppy who nipped at her fingers. Another puppy ran up to her side, a small card attached to its collar. She grabbed the active puppy and carefully extracted the small card, making sure to scratch the puppy behind the ears.

 

“If this is another riddle…” she said with a laugh as she took out the card from the envelope.

 

“Well done on passing the first test.

I knew my wife was the best.

Now it’s time for clue number two.

This is a place for just me and you.”

 

“Ah, this one is so short. But it’s so much easier! It has to be our house!” she said triumphantly, proud of herself for working out the clue so quickly. The staff cheered as she put the card back into the small envelope. One of the workers from the pet café came up to her and handed her a small bouquet of flowers. “Your husband asked us to give this to you when you figured out the clue. He said you should keep them with you until you get to him.” Her cheeks flushed red as she accepted the flowers. She quickly snapped a selfie of herself with the flowers and sending it to Jimin before heading out to her car.

 

 

 

Jisoo’s interview

 

Q: What did you think of Jimin's treasure hunt idea?

 

“I have such mixed feelings about it!” she said with a laugh. “I’m so bad at riddles and things like that so it was kinda stressful, but it was also super cute and a lot of fun. He obviously put a lot of work into it. I really appreciate him taking so much time to plan it all out.” She said, a small smile on her face as she recalled the events of the day.

 

 

 

When she arrived at their home, she was sure that Jimin would be waiting for her inside. She opened the door and called his name. When there was no reply, she suppressed the urge to curse and made her way around each room, looking for the now familiar small, white envelope. She found one on her bed. There was a small box underneath it, but she ignored it for now. She pulled out the card and read it.

 

“Good job on getting this far.

I always knew you were a superstar.

You’ll be happy to know this is the final clue.

That will finally unite me and you.

Go to the place where I like to dance.

Maybe there, you’ll find some romance.”

 

She laughed at his card before picking up the small box that had been concealed under the envelope. A small gasp made its way out of at the delicate silver necklace that was inside. The chain was made of delicate silver and the pendant was a royal blue stone carved into the shape of a star. “Oh my god.” She breathed as her fingers ghosted over the beautiful piece of jewellery in her hands. She carefully pulled the chain from its box and moved to the mirror on the wall. She secured the necklace in place and spent a moment admiring how pretty it looked.

 

“I better get to their practice studio.” She said, forcing herself to pull her eyes away from the beautiful gift.

 

 

 

Jimin's interview

 

Q: Why did you pick that particular gift?

 

“I wanted to get her something special and stars just have so many amazing meanings. I hope that one day, nuna and I can go watch the stars together, just the two of us.” He said, a shy smile on his face.

 

 

Jisoo snapped a quick selfie of herself with her flowers and necklace and sent it to Jimin, telling him that she had figured out his last clue and was on her way. When he read her message, his nerves increased tenfold. He took a deep breath as he paced the room, checking everything for what felt like the hundredth time. Suddenly, there were a lot of voices and people rushing about. “Is she here?” he asked anxiously. One of the members of the crew nodded. “Right, okay.” He said, taking a deep breath to steady himself. He heard her calling for him and he pressed himself against the partition which was currently splitting the practice room in half. He didn’t want her to see him just yet.

 

The lights were flicked off and the room suddenly became so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. His heart was hammering in his chest as he saw light flood into the room as she opened the door. His name was halfway out of , but she stopped suddenly when she saw what was waiting for her in the middle of the room. Her grip on the bouquet loosened slightly as she took in the sight before her. The light from behind her lit up the space in front of her. The only thing in the room was a mannequin which was covered by the most beautiful wedding dress she had ever seen. It was exactly the same as the ideal dress that she had described to the director when they had interviewed her for the show.

 

She slowly walked towards the dress, her fingers reaching out towards the material but stopping just before she made contact with it. “It’s so pretty.” She breathed. Suddenly, the room was filled with the sound of a piano. She jumped at the sudden sound as the partition that she had mistaken for a wall slowly slid open and Jimin appeared. She gasped as he began to sing, his hands were shaking slightly, but his voice was strong. He stood in the middle of a huge heart made of candles which had been set up next to a piano that Yoongi was currently playing.

 

Tears sprung to her eyes as he carefully stepped over the candles and made his way closer to her, never missing a single note as he approached her. She covered the bottom half of her face with her hands as he stopped in front of her. He bravely reached out and took her hand in his. She smiled widely at him as her tears slowly ran down her cheeks. He smiled at her as the last note faded from his mouth. “Jimin…”

 

He gave her a nervous smile as he dropped to one knee in front of her. “Jisoo. I know this might be a little late, and it’s probably far from perfect.” He said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, black box. “But… will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?” he asked as he opened the box to reveal a set of rings. She nodded as she wiped away her tears. “Yes. I’ll marry you, Park Jimin.”