Chapter 12 - Final

We Got Married

Jisoo started forlornly out of the window as her manager drove her towards the airport.

 

I can’t believe that’s the end. It feels so surreal. I feel like I should be going on this trip then coming back to Jimin's side again…

 

She let out a loud sigh, catching the attention of her manager who glanced at her in her rear-view mirror. “Hey, you okay?” she asked. Jisoo nodded sombrely. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She answered her voice lacking emotion. She pulled out her phone, the temptation to call Jimin rising as she unlocked the screen. “I’m being over dramatic.” She whispered to herself as she put her phone back into her bag.

 

 

 

 

Jimin drove much faster than he knew he should have been, his mind focused on only one thing.

 

He arrived at the airport, abandoning the car across two spaces and ignoring the annoyed glare of the parking attendant as he barrelled past him. He ran up the stairs to the departure floor, far too impatient to wait for the elevator. He could feel his breaths ripping out of his lungs as he ran at full speed.

 

He ran out onto the departure floor, his eyes scanning the boards for Jisoo’s flight. “Gate 38.” He took off at a sprint, not caring that his identity would be clear for anyone to see. Sweat ran down his back as he made his way to the security clearance entrance, hoping that he wasn’t too late to catch Jisoo before she cleared security. He heard loud cheering coming from in front of him and his spirits lifted.

 

She must be here!

 

He picked up speed, spotting a large crowd of fans crowded around the entrance to the security clearance area. He spotted Jisoo who was standing with her manager, waving to her fans. He shouted her name, but his voice was lost amongst the noise from the crowd. He tried to push his way to the front, not caring that people were starting to recognise him. “Jisoo!” he shouted as she started to make her way through the security gate. “Jisoo!” he shouted again, but it only drew the attention of more fans, their screaming renewed at seeing him in front of them.

 

The fans phones and cameras swung in his direction as Jisoo disappeared from view, slowing him down even further. Members of the airport’s security team soon appeared, forcing the fans to give him some space as they screamed and tried to pull at him. He felt a strong hand on his arm and he looked up to see a member of security pulling him to safety. “I don’t know where your managers are but we need to get you away from here before those fans start a riot.” He said matter-of-factly as he pulled Jimin behind him.

 

Jimin numbly followed until he was taken into an office and the sounds of the fans screams finally died down. He looked up at the familiar man, having seen him almost every time he went to the airport. “I have to get through security.” Jimin said causing the bulkier man to stare at him. “I’m sorry, but even if you are a celebrity, there's no way you can get through without a ticket.”

 

Jimin resisted the urge to curse. “Please, there has to be a way. It’s an emergency!” he cried. The bulkier man pinned him with a hard stare. “Is anyone in some kind of danger?” he asked. Jimin shook his head, “No, that’s not what I meant! Look. I know this might sound strange but the girl I like is about to get on a plane and I can’t just let her go without telling her how I feel.”

 

The security guard sighed and gave Jimin and apologetic look. “Look, I’m sorry, but there really is no way I can get you through security. With all the procedures that are in place these days I'd lose my job in a heartbeat. I know people in dramas and movies might be able to get away with that sort of thing, but in reality, there are rules and procedures that must be followed to ensure the safety of every passenger and employee in this airport. I really am sorry.”

 

 

 

 

 

Jisoo woke up with a start as her manager shook her awake. “Hey, we are going to be landing soon, you should touch up your make up.” Jisoo nodded and stifled a yawn before pulling out her make up bag.

 

Once they had landed, they picked up their bags and made their way towards the exit. Jisoo’s manager chuckled, “Can you hear that? Even though it’s the middle of the night and our flight was delayed by so long there are still so many fans waiting for you.” She said, hoping to pick up Jisoo’s sombre mood.

 

Jisoo smiled as she ran her fingers through her hair. “They must all be exhausted but listen to them all.” She remarked with a laugh as the doors opened to reveal a huge crowd of people whose screaming increased as they spotted her. Jisoo’s smile brightened as she saw all of the fans waving at her. She waved back enthusiastically until her eyes landed on the last person she expected to see.

 

She stopped dead in her tracks as Jimin smiled brightly at her. “What? But… how?” she stammered as Jimin slowly made his way towards her. He stopped in front of her, a proud smile on his face. “But how?” Jisoo asked, “Am I dreaming?” Jimin chuckled at her confused expression. “Thankfully my manager keeps all our passports on hand and I took his car to the airport. There was another flight scheduled to leave just after yours and I managed to get the last ticket. I had planned on meeting you at your hotel but then I found out that your fight had been delayed because of a technical issue and I ended up making it here before you.” There was a hint of pride in his voice.

 

Jisoo nervously bit her lip, her eyes never leaving Jimin's face. “Why did you go through all that trouble?” she asked, barely daring to breathe let alone hope. Jimin reached out and took her hands into his, ignoring the screams of the fans behind them. “Jisoo. There's something I should have told you a long time ago and when you left me in the garden I thought I had lost the perfect time to tell you. But I realised that any time can be the perfect time, that’s why I'm here.” He took a breath to calm his nerves, his grip tightening slightly.

 

Jisoo felt like her heart was about to beat right out of her chest. Everything felt like it had faded to nothing, except for Jimin, his tight grip on her hands keeping her rooted to reality. “Jisoo, I like you.” Jimin admitted bravely. “I’ve liked you for a really long time but I didn’t realise just how much I liked you until we started doing this show together. I've never looked forward to something as much in my life. Every time my schedule said that we had a filming the next day I was always so excited that I could barely sleep the night before. I drove the rest of my members crazy talking about you all the time.”

 

Jimin felt as if the floodgates of his feelings had been opened. He felt like he had to tell her everything that he had kept secret in his heart. “The treasure hunt, our wedding, cooking together, dancing together, laughing together… I've loved every single moment of it. For me, it wasn’t just for the show, I felt everything for real and I don’t want those feelings to end.”

 

Jisoo let out a shaky breath as tears began to well up in her eyes. “Oh, Jimin.” She cried as she threw her arms around his neck, his arms wrapping around her waist, holding her as close as he dared. “I like you too.” She said happily into the crook of his neck and she sniffed away her tears. She pulled back, a bright smile on her face which was mirrored on Jimin's face. “Those feelings you’ve had… I've had them too. I wanted this show to go on forever if it meant I got to spend more time with you.”

 

Jimin chuckled, his face flushed pink from the rush of feelings that coursed throughout him as he pulled her back against him. “I like you, Jisoo.” He repeated making Jisoo’s smile widen. “I’m never gonna get tired of hearing you say that.” She chuckled.

 

 

 

 

1 year later

 

Q: How does it feel to be celebrating your one year anniversary?

 

Jimin and Jisoo shared loving smiles, their hands intertwined on Jimin's lap. “It still feels kinda surreal?” Jisoo said with a laugh. Jimin chuckled, his voice laced with affection. “Who knew that by going onto the show that we would end up together for real? I’m so happy that we were chosen to be together, otherwise who knows? Maybe we wouldn’t be sitting here as a couple right now.”

 

Q: Do you have any plans to celebrate?

 

Jimin chuckled, “We’ve been asked to do another dance at the same awards show as last year. But this time it’s a song we’ve created together, Jisoo even helped me create some of the choreography.” Jimin said, b with pride. Jisoo flushed at the praise. “We’ve been working on it for a long time, so I hope everyone enjoys it.”

 

“And I’ve been making sure that she hasn’t been overworking herself this time.” Jimin added making Jisoo flush. “You're never gonna let that go, are you?” Jimin shook his head, “Not while we’re together. So I hope you're prepared to hear about it for the rest of our lives.