Moments

Forbidden Lovers

This is a fact that I cannot deny,

But I cherish our moments; I won’t lie.

 

It shouldn’t be like this; it was not right at all…... But yet they found themselves waiting for the next day.

                                         ++++++++

 

 

Adam and Eve, the beloved of God lost their innocence the moment that Apple of Wisdom touched their lips, and down the throat. They were no more what God intended them to be, because of the Devil who played his evil game…….”

 

Jisoo stopped in midway, hoping a reply from the second accommodator in the room. And she got it.

 

“Well, Daddy was very naughty in those days.” Jisoo cracked into a laugh. She looked behind to find V, who looked amused himself by his own reply.

 

         

 

Or her laugh.

 

 

Seasons had changed. And so, did they.

 

The Archangel cold demeanor towards the other warmed up as the summers replaced winters on a side of the globe. She didn’t seem to mind his presence whenever she visited the place. Instead, she expected him to be there. And he never failed her.

 

As for V, he was surprised how they opened up after that day. He never expected this to happen. He thought that it all would continue as before. But now they were here.

 

But was it appropriate?

 

 

 

No

 

 

 

Did they know?

 

 

 

Yes

 

+++++

 

It was late afternoon. The sun was shining brightly upon the land and the people, who clearly weren’t enjoying the moment. The road was busy as usual but they didn’t care. V just followed his companion’s steps along the road, oblivious of his surroundings. He even didn’t complain about the bright day which he generally hated. He was too keen to do so. He wondered where Jisoo was taking him in the middle of the day.

 

“Its a secret.”

 

 

V had been asking her what she did for fun, usually getting a typical answer which seem pathetic to him. Finally, Jisoo agreed to feed his curiosity.

 

“Why are we even walking, Archangel?”

 

“Because I love to do so”

 

“I will keep that in mind.”

 

He swore that he saw her smiling from the corner of his eyes.

 

They both stopped in front of a small and spooky accommodation. V liked it.

 

Divine Fortune Teller

 

 

“That’s what I do for fun”

 

The place inside was giving a mystic and spooky vibe from it. It was dark and various chants could be heard from the backside. V found it amusing.

They both entered the place to see a man dozing off on the small couch, drooling. They quickly entered the other section of the room which was divided by a curtain. It was larger but more crammed with different stupid decorations, intended to scare people. The room was lit up with a dim red light. In the middle, there was a table, with two occupants sitting on either side. One woman, probably in the late forties, was chanting stupid words while holding hands with an old man who had a worried look on his face.

 

 

 

V smirked.Ah! A scammer.

 

The woman had her eyes closed.

 

“ ….. the spirit, contact me”

 

 

“Did my wife respond?”

 

“Be patient……...”

 

A moment’s silence

 

“Is she speaking now?” the man whispered.

 

The woman suddenly opened her eyes, irritated

 

“Oh Goddamn! Will you let me even contact her?!!! Just shut up already!!”

 

The man was visibly frightened by the sudden outburst. The lady composed herself again. V controlled his laughter.

 

“Yes... yes, I could feel her. She is here, she is here.”She lied.

 

That was it. Jisoo walked towards the lady and whispered in her ears. “Yes, I am here”

The lady quickly opened her eyes, looking around her frantically like a scaredy cat.

“Who spoke?”

“My wife, spoke?”it was the first time the man’s face lit up.

“His wife” Jisoo casually said.

At once, the woman was on her feet trembling. “Whose here?”

My darling!” the man was excited.

Jisoo was walking around the woman. She cleared and looked towards V for a moment. He was definitely enjoying the scene.

“I am his wife, Susan” the woman went cold. She was on the verge of fainting.

 

“Why……...why you’re here?” lady squealed.

 

you called me?”

what kind of question is this?! You called my wife here.

Why?” the lady was about to cry.

Because I paid you!” man shouted for the first time. V nodded in agreement.

And with a second’s shrill cry, she was on the floor, unconscious.

 

 

 

 

Jisoo and V exited the shop, triumphally.

 

+++++

 

 

Jisoo loved the shade.

 

++++++++

 

V didn’t love the shade. He was the Master of scorching Hell.

++++++++

 

But seasons had changed.

++++++++

 

Jisoo was sitting under the cooling shade of the tree, letting the breeze caress her cheeks.

 

 

++++++++

 

 

V found himself standing on the either side of the trunk of that tree.

He might change his preferences.

       

 

 

 

++++++++

 

 

The breeze bought with it its own melody in the surrounding solitude. It sang its own song. Jisoo could hear it. With leaves rustling, she closed her eyes, secretly hoping for time to stop.

But it didn’t.

++++++++

 

V didn’t want to say those words.

++++++++

 

 

Jisoo didn’t want to say those words either.

++++++++

 

 

V felt a familiar ache when he finally mustered up the courage to say those words.

 

“Its time”

 

 

“We must go back” Jisoo completed his sentence.

 

They always parted like that. No Goodbyes. Because somewhere they believed……..

 

 

They will meet again......

 

 

Tomorrow.

 

 

 

It shouldn’t be like this; it was not right at all…... But yet they found themselves waiting for the next day.