Doubts

Forbidden Lovers

“Like any other, our love was also an imperfect one,

But all my doubts were gone once you said those three words”

 

 

“Can you say you love me?”

 

And then there was silence.

 

+++++

 

“Othello loved Desdemona, and he was loved by her. But it was his doubts that led to their downfall.”

 

“Aren’t humans just funny?”

 

“it’s sad, V” Jisoo elbowed him, her eyes piercing his non -existent soul. He just smirked. Not again.

 

“How humans can do such a thing? Didn’t they know that love and trust go hand in hand? When you love someone, you trust them, respect them.

"You are wrong…...so wrong

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened when she heard the words that escaped his mouth. She looked beside her, seeing V’s figure going away from her.

 

 

Suddenly a gush of thoughts ran into her mind; Very uncomforting thoughts…….

 

It was her own doubts.

 

++++++

 

 

 

 

Did he ever said he loved her? Wasn’t that kiss just enough to prove that? That eyes, did they lie? Jisoo tried hard to fight her thoughts. No. love was too precious to be described in just three words. Love was something that had to be felt, not said because it was above all of this…….

They were the clueless humans that tried to do so.

 

But then why she felt so doubtful?

 

A sizzling touch brought her back to the reality. V’s hand just cupped her cheek.

 

“Where are you, dear? Still thinking about me?” V mocked her.

 

She should have gotten mad.

 

“Kiss me.” V’s face lost its smirk. Jisoo was dead serious.

 

 

V’s lips crashed hers again. Her fingers burned his back where they lingered. She held him tightly like she would never let him go. Like this was the end of the realms. He couldn’t resist. He reciprocated by deepening the kiss. He started to nibble, almost biting it. He needed to stop but in vain. Jisoo just pulled him closer, a burning sensation spreading in their chest as well as heart; a heart that they shouldn’t have.

 

 

Jisoo never thought that one could feel the love and pain both at the same time. But she did.

 

But it wasn’t the burning body that bought her pain…….

 

 

It was her own doubts.

 

++++

 

Lisa paced through the corridors only to stop at a very familiar door. She tapped it and it opened. She quickly entered and closed the door behind her.

 

Rose was there sitting tensed, with Jennie stand in front of the washroom.

 

“Is Unnie alright?” Lisa asked Rose.

 

“We don’t know, she just stormed in her room and then the washroom.”

 

“Was she with……” Lisa cupped . She could not say- or think of such a sinful thought.

 

“No! something else is the matter, lets just give her some time, she will eventually tell us.”

 

Jennie was right. They hoped so.

 

Hoped so?

 

They never realized it was nothing but their own doubts.

 

+++++

“I promise the lord, if its related to that cursed creature, he will pay….”

 

Jisoo was looking herself in the mirror. Lisa’s words from behind the door penetrated in her ears. But her thoughts lingered on…

Why would he love you, a fool?

Doubts

 

Suddenly she felt a pain in her chest. She unconsciously put her hand on that spot. She felt something unfamiliar; something that ought not to be there- within celestial creatures like them….

 

 

A beating heart.

 

 

+++++++

 

Jisoo stood on the bustling sidewalk. It was busy day. All the humans were in a hurry, as always, oblivious of the beauty that surrounded them.

 

He will come. He should. He said it. Jisoo didn’t question when V told her to meet at that street. Because she believed him. Just too much. Maybe just too much…...

A familiar aura. She felt it. V. She frantically started to look everywhere around her. It was him. But where. Suddenly she felt a strong force surrounding her. She turned towards its direction. A man, dressed in a smart suit and his chestnut brown hair slicked back, approached. It wasn’t V. it was a human. A body: that was possessed by him.Before she could react, she felt the man’s hand squeezing her wrist and dragging her along with him.

“What are you doin….”

“Possess her.” V looked at a young woman, indicating Jisoo to enter into her body.

 

That’s wr….”

“Do it!” there was authority in his voice which she hated to love. She obeyed. She, the Archangel, never obeyed anyone other than the God herself. But she obeyed him.

 

She soon started to doubt her own actions….

 

+++++++

 

A clicking sound and the lock opened. V dragged her inside. All the way, there was no burning sensation like they used to feel, because they were in human flesh now. It rendered their opposing forces weak. It was a like a shield which inhibited their energies.

But it failed to inhibit their desires…

 

V pushed her against the wall and crashed his lips into hers. She wanted it to burn but it didn’t. Maybe those lips weren’t theirs, but those desires were. Even after those doubts. That was how much she loved him.

 

 

 

And it was scary.

 

“Why are you doing this?” Jisoo finally said as V explored her neck, leaving his marks again. Oh! how much he loved it!

“Because I didn’t want to hurt you again, baby” V whispered those words, while panting and leaving trails on her neck……

 

No answer

V spared himself and looked at Jisoo. She meant something else. He didn’t know why, but his hand went on her cheeks, caressing it. He looked in her eyes……

 

And he saw doubts.

 

Jisoo melted with his one touch, and her eyes began to dwell with tears.

 

“Don’t lie about love”

 

V stood there.

 

“You know this man here is committed, right.” Jisoo looked at the photo on the side table. A hole burned in V’s pocket. She noticed.

 

“He loves his wife. And you are using him. In truth, we are using these two innocents, here” V knew it was not only this….

It was her doubts speaking too.

 

“Don’t mock love, please” she couldn’t hold her tears back anymore……

 

took out the man’s ring and put it in the finger. He embraced her with love. Oh! How much she wanted it all to be true! How much she wanted him to love her too……...

How much she wanted her mere doubts to be proved wrong……

How much she wanted him.

 

 

Can you say you love me?”

 

And then there was silence.

 

Jisoo wanted to hear those words…. So bad……. just to make her doubts go away……Please say something.

 

Instead, V let her go. Her heart almost broke……Please don’t.

 

He took out a pendant; a familiar charm from his pocket. That beautiful swan pendant which he gifted her on that day…….

That she threw away.

 

 

V unhooked it and bent towards her to make her wear it once again.

 

You know, that day, I had to seduce that girl only for this love charm. She found it and claimed. And I just couldn’t let her because it belonged to you. I just wanted it back, because it was my first gift to you. Our beautiful memories from that day. I know it is not a real charm, but until it is with you, it will remind me that you are mine…. And that it is not all just a sweet dream…”

Jisoo sniffed.

 

You know I have my doubts too; doubts about how someone like you could love me….”

 

Now they both no longer possessed the unconscious bodies. They wanted no veil; no shield between them.

 

“I Love You, Jisoo”

 

And all their doubts were gone.