Hate to Love

Forbidden Lovers

"But before I could retreat, I realized it wasn’t anymore a game;

A dangerous love had blossomed from an innocent hate."

 

++++

 

 

“Don’t….”

 

“Why?”

 

“Cause I won’t be able to back away….”

 

++++

 

Sometimes, hate could be innocent, and love dangerous

 

Hate was never taught to her. Forgiveness was what she was preached. Nobody like her was ever preached hate. And yet they hated. Hated those who deserved that. The hell dwellers; the demons, the devil, the evil.

 

They.

 

Him.

 

Because they all were the scavengers of humanity; ravagers of love, destroyers of peace. They deserved it.

 

Hate.

++++

 

As Jisoo walked inside the halls of galleria, she saw him. But today, he was different. He was solemn. His eyes blazed with icy cold fire; fire of contempt and vileness that he had in him. And she, of course, hated it. It was normal for him to be hated. Right?

 

Today he wasn’t himself. Most of the time, he was all wild around her; teasing her in all way possible by his sarcastic comments. But today, he didn’t acknowledg her presence at all.

 

“Let’s go. My turn to show you around today.”

 

A smirk of contempt from him.

 

“Don’t sulk like a moody old woman. Come I want to take you somewhere.” Jisoo ignored his actions and walked towards him. She could feel him heating up. Really! He was in a bad mood today.

 

 

 

“It’s going to rain today.” V’s words were blunt.

He was right. The clouds veiled the whole sky.

 

“I don’t know anything, we are going. That’s it” Jisoo casually commands him.

 

And that’s when he lost it.

 

Just leave me be, you crazy archangel! I don’t want to go anywhere. Let it alone WITH YOU.”

 

Jisoo felt her anger twirl around with his. How dare he talked to her like this? Didn’t he know what she risked to be here today? Did he even know that she lied to her friends just for their unspoken pact? Did he even know that she wanted to take him to her most favourite place today?

 

That what she expected from a condemned, ungrateful brat like him.

 

But she stood silently; she felt it useless to argue with him…….

 

 

 

Or she was really scared of her own recent thoughts.

++++

V hated it when she spoke….

 

 

and hated it more when she stopped.

 

He hated her. And he should. He despised her moral, ethics, pride, purity, beauty, voice, lips, eyes, hair, smile….

 

 

But he hated her the most for being an Archangel.

 

And now she was getting on his nerves, unintentionally. Why she ought to be so quiet? He peeked at her face. She had a balanced composure, as always. Her silky hair was left loose, to his dismay. Her eyes, which were shining like pearls, were fixated on him. She was effortlessly beautiful. He felt a strange familiar something in his chest.

 

The same one when he first saw her.

 

Suddenly he felt all his anger drain out, as he now stared at her.

 

“Let’s go” he finally stood up and walked towards the door. He smirked. “Lead thy way”

 

Damn, why he always gave in?

 

Jisoo gave a quick smile.

 

That moment they both realized:

 

Hatred could be innocent too.

++++

 

The winds touched their faces as they passed across the lush valley; it had a tint of its own enchantment even if the clouds hovered above it.

 

V glanced at Jisoo.

 

She looked at peace. He smirked. What a crazy girl she was! They could have easily reached the mysterious place if Jisoo hadn’t urged him to do it the way humans do; hitchhiking. The truck was in the middle of an unknown place by now, tracing its way to its mysterious destination on a dirty path. Fortunately, the driver seemed to know the way.

 

A laugh interrupted. Jisoo had just saw a bunch of little children following the truck and waving their hands up high compelling Jisoo to do the same. She then looked at V with……

 

Hope?

 

He realized Jisoo somewhere hoped he would wave at them too; return their sweet gesture. Like he ever would! If he was that sweet little baby, he would have ruled the heavens by now. But… but something kicked him in his gut when he saw the joy leaving Jisoo’s eyes; without the smile leaving her face. He involuntary waved back at the children causing Jisoo eyes lit up again. What the hell! When did the innocent angels learned to use demeaning tricks for devil’s sake? Why could she overpower him and act all innocent?That why he hated her.

 

 

It was a simple and innocent hate.

 

++++++++

 

“Ta…. DAaaa…” Jisoo yodeling didn’t send V in a frenzy- it was the fact that after all, he had covered miles and spent hours (which they could probably avoid) only for a hell of a small UNKNOWN VILLAGE WHOSE EXISTENCE IS DEFINITLY A BORING MYSTERY FOR ALMOST THE GLOBE?!! And even for what they were there for??

 

“A festival” Jisoo smiled probably on his troubled face. She loved it when he was in “contempt mode.” As she quoted it.

Oh! How lovely festive seasons were.

 

++++++

 

Love…...that was what those two people had in common. Unfortunately, fate was against them, siding with their enemy- the world itself. Who set norms for love- a love that should be free and pure; free from those binding rules. That’s why they eloped in those abandoned meadows; isolated from those rules, that hate. And here was that place where they set up a shrine- an epitome of their unusual love before their doomed fate engulfed them. And that’s how the Elom village was established…….

 

 

+++++++++

V didn’t expect the place to be crowded; even though it was not that huge of a crowd. Just then Jisoo shoved a kimono towards him.

“Wear this”

And surprisingly, he complied only after a sneer and some whining.

 

++++++

Jisoo loved her kimono; it was all white with beautiful small red flowers as details from bottom to top. She felt like a white swan dancing among the red flowers; with gushing wind as its sole music. She traced her way back to V. Among the crowd, she finally saw him.

 

 

 

And her chest throbbed.

 

 

There he was standing, wearing a black and grey kimono, standing tall and proud as always- watching humans with contempt as he does…..

 

How much she hated him for that.

 

Suddenly, their eyes met. The throbbing increased as he made his way towards her. Jisoo composed herself. “You look good” she gave him an assuring smile. That was when her chest almost froze. His eyes lingered from bottom to top. It wasn’t first time her chest had throbbed.It started since the day she met him. Definitely he must have put a playful spell on her, right?

 

“As expected” it almost came out as a sly comment from his dirty mouth. He just walked away.That Moron! Ah! Did she expect something pretty from that foul tongue of his?

No......

 

Never

+++++++

 

The clouds still covered the skies above them.

What’s that? Jisoo looked at his unusual comradie. He was looking towards a particular stall.

“These are love charms, for your lovely lady.” The keen shopkeeper preached V about his asset. “This is a symbol of love and eternal union.

 

“Sorry, he was just curio…..”

 

“It will protect your beautiful lady here” the shopkeeper cut Jisoo.

Did she just blushed?

 

“Pardon Sir, we don’t need…..”

 

“I’ll take one. Most beautiful and expensiveone. You know, for my Love’s unmatched beauty here.” He pulled out money and threw in front of him coldly. Soon his hands were caressing the money. And V’s held out the charm- a delicate golden chain with a shiny swan pendant.

 

“Let me help you here, love” 

The last word just came out with a mocking tone. And that broke her. That devil’s child! Its so him to mock such a pure word like this. And why did she care? Why should she be upset? He is the devil; the cursed one himself- itwas his duty to spread violence and hate in this world, to misguide people towards the condemned path- and enjoy at their misery afterwards.

 

V came close to her neck leaving a trail of breath on her skin.His every inch was condemned; even his breath. It was him. That was the truth.

“Beautiful” he smirked.Those words meant nothing tohim. Those actions too. They were as empty as his own core.

 

A surge of anger ascended in her.

 

She threw the locket.

“Don’t play with these words. They are too pure to come out of your dirty mouth.”

 

She just left, oblivious of the damage she made.

+++++++

 

The clouds, enveloped the night skies above, now roared as they came together. But it didn’t worry the pilgrims that gathered round the shine for the last rituals in the synagogue itself that would mark the end of the festival.

 

 

They had a cold wall between them. V and Jisoo. Like it should be.Neither of them talked or even exchanged glances, they just walked around the whole day with a noticeable gap between them.

But now, at the day’s end, it was reluctantly broken by the angel. “I am going in.” Like he would care. That was it. She started to walk through the crowd by herself. V stood cold as always.

 

The clouds roared.

 

Something caught his eye in the crowd. He smirked.

 

The sound intensified.

++++++

 

Jisoo was sorry. And embarrassed. She shouldn’t have just burst out like that. She never did that before. The fault here was hers. Why? Didn’t she know who he was? Or who she was? Yes, she did, he was a devil’s heir and she was the Archangel. They had to fight. He had to act like that. It was normal. It was innocent hate.

 

It should not offend her like that……

 

Jisoo thought.

 

 

She was deadly wrong.

++++++

 

The first sight she saw as she exited the shrine shook her to core.

 

Her body froze.

 

 

The clouds roared once again.

 

V stood as he ravaged a human girl in front of him with his kiss. His hands were all over her, unbothered of all the stares that they got. And that inno….. girl just let him do what he pleased.

 

There he goes again……..

 

Mocking love.

 

But that stark moment hit her harder than anything….

 

 

 

 

With truth itself; that shook her core.

 

+++++++

 

V withdrew as he felt a familiar aura around him. His chest froze. He looked around to see a familiar pair of eyes transfixed at his direction. The eyes that he hated so much.

 

But it was that brief of a second of contact……

 

 

That crushed his whole existence with a realization.

 

 

The rain finally poured out.

 

++++++

 

She knew truth wasn’t always sweet; but it would hit that bad…..

 

She never knew that until now.

 

+++++

 

 

He knew secrets were dirty-

 

But he never knew they could be that fatal at times.

 

+++++

She was running deeper into the forest.

 

But it wasn’t the first time she was running.

 

She was running for a long time now.

 

Ironically

 

From truth

 

 

The truth that she hated him…….

 

For his cold demeanour, vicious mind and cursed existence.

 

For this cold eyes, and fatal lies…..

 

For him to be one of them………….

 

For him to be her nemesis that she had to hate……….

 

 

For him to make it no easy for her……

 

For him making her fall in love; a dangerous love.

 

 

++++++++

He hated her

 

For she was righteous, humble and pure…..

 

For she had beautiful, calming eyes and an lovable smile…………

 

For she was her enemy that he ought to hate………

 

For she made it so hard for him………

 

For she made him run for her in this rain……..

 

For she threw him inside this jeopardy; this dangerous love.

 

 

 

++++++

They never meant it to be this way……

 

 

But here they are.

 

In a dangerous love; that blossomed from innocent hate.

 

++++++++

She wished she had never met him.

 

Not because she had unknowingly committed so many sins just for him; such beautiful sins.

 

Or her universal love was now only for one foul creature.

 

But because it hurts that she could never be his.

 

++++

 

He wished he never had met her.

 

Not because she bewitched him with something called love.

 

Or that he was tired of hating her.

 

But because he would never deserve her.

 

++++++

 

 

But now she was weak.She could no longer run away from truth.

++++++

 

But now he was weak.He could no longer run away from truth.

+++++

 

So

 

they stopped.

+++++

 

She turned around to see him; both drenched in rain.

 

With the swan charm in one hand.

 

He approached her slowly, his eyes filled with…….

 

 

 

 

 

Desire.

 

V looked in that ethereal beauty’s eyes- pleading him……

 

 

 

 

 

To stop.

 

 

 

 

 

But he didn’t.

 

 

 

They were just inches apart when he finally did.

 

 

“Don’t….”

 

“Why?”

 

“Cause I won’t be able to back away….”

 

“Then don’t”

 

 

 

Those were the last words …….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Before his lips crashed into hers.

 

 

 

Like this they gave up their existence to their dangerous love

 

+++++++++++