Suspicions & Warnings

Forbidden Lovers

"The string of eternal lies now was not enough-

The suspecting eyes went raw and rough.

Oh! Were they the bells of warning our comrades rang?

Or the songs of impending doom that our fate sang?"

_____________________________________________________

 

For the first time in her existence, Jisoo went speechless in front of her.

Lies were too fragile now- to hide the truth.

____________________________________________________

The winding corridors that were often surrounded by a strange kind of solitude found itself echoing with faint strides of an unexpected visitor in a long cape. The stretch in front seemed never ending, but an ornate entrance at the end proved that deduction wrong. The creature didn't lose its composure even though the strides it took became longer and swift, until it found itself in front on gigantic ornate boards. 

A roaring screech and the door opened.

 

The main room. The Dome of Justice. It was in fact a colossal hall with a dome, adorned with uncountable number of murals, paintings and engravings from the 12 Judges themselves. Preaching what they existed for- Justice. Its glamour and magnificance showed the importance of their duties- or more precisely 

The galore of their power.

But the visitor didn't have the luxury to admire it that day. It made its way towards the only occupant who sat on the 6th throne situated on a marble aisle with other 11 similar seatings. They were of red wine colour; same as the cape that the secret visitor wore which also had a golden insignia on the right.

Representing their connection with the Purgatory.

"Welcome!" The 6th flashed his sly smirk as he smiled at the visitor whose face was still hidden behind the hood. "I was waiting for you for so long.........." 

The visitor remained silent.

Seungri took a sip of his wine. 

"Angel"

______________________________________________________

 

A familiar scent- like of sweet roses surrounded him as his lover melted in his embrace. His lips found its way towards the crook of her neck, taking in the intoxicating aroma of hers once more............................

A knock.

A knock on the door and V came back from the depths of memories and found himself once again in his same old room. Boring. Another knock followed as he picked himself up from his lounge and made his way towards the door. A little annoyed he was, of course. 

"Master" a familiar voice greeted him at the other end as he opened the entrance. A voice he hadn't heard for a very long time, but was much familiar with. 

It was Jungkook's.

"What's with that formal tone, man" V simply walked towards his magnificent couch and occupied its one end. This would have been enough of an invitation for Jungkook to join him. 

But this time, he didn't.

He instead stood solemnly in front of the "Master" V looked at him surprisingly. And that grave features on his comrade's face was enough for him to conclude that he had sealed his words inside his throat. Like he wanted to say something.

"Sick?" V enquired.

Jungkook only nodded his head in affirmation.

"Medicine?" V mocked concern as he widened his eyes voluntarily.

"A drink in the lounge would be nice" Jungkook's features turned back to normal as he replied.

V smirked. 

But deep down he felt that wasn't it. Those were not his mate's intended words- he knew. If he was hiding anything from him, he could do better. He had done better in the past.

Or maybe, it was just because that lies were too fragile now- to hide the truth.

_____________________________________________________

 

Jisoo's eyes gleamed as she saw her sister Lisa running towards her to take her in a lovely embrace. It had been aeons since they last gathered together for a nice talk. Rose smiled as she took a seat beside her Unnie. As the Archangel looked at her sister- like friends on her either side, she realized how much she adored them all-

And how much it hurt to hide things from them. Yes, they had the idea but after their last confrontation, they all were calm like a white cloud traversing with the bel air. Besides pretty basic questions of her whereabouts, they never crossed the limit-unlike her.

But was it all?

A part of her dwelled in her own concerns and suspicions. Somewhere, inside her she contemplated the subtle unusual patterns that her comrades showcased at that moment. 

A sudden meet in Jennie's quarter.......

A quiet aura around her friends........

An air of mystery and secrecy.........

She could sense it all. Something wasn't right.

Or was this suspicion some kind of projection of her own unapproved actions?

"I missed our times like this. We missed you, Jisoo Unnie." Rose's words secretly hit her hard. Her innocent confession made her feel sorry somehow-

But not for loving him. NEVER.

Only for lying to them.

The Archangel gleamed a faint yet genuine smile for them. But it faded soon "Where's Jennie?"

It was odd. Jennie should have been the first one to be present. She was the first. Always.

Suddenly, the troupe was interrupted by a knock and opening of the front door. Jennie stridden into the room and flashed a smile at them. 

Was she huffing?

Instinctively, Jisoo noticed a cape in in her hand. A red cape.

The Cape of Purgatory Alliance. The cape given by the Judges to their allies. 

She walked towards her subconsciously and received a warm hug with a big smile from her.

"Is that the Purgatory's Red Cape?" Jisoo curiosity took over.

"Yes, the one that was given by the 3rd, remember Unnie?" She was still huffing "Shall we continue?"

______________________________________________________

A clink of glasses echoed followed by laughter.

"No wonder he rots in here now......"

"The gatekeepers are having so much fun nowadays....."

"The sound of his yells are so satisfying, you know that Boss"

"Boss?"

Jimin's words didn't deter him out of his inner world. No answer. It was Joon who had walk over to pat him out of his trance.

"You are acting weird. Everything's fine?" the last word had a strange tone of knowingness. V didn't know why. Namjoon retreated back to his place.

And no sooner, all was forgotten amidst the wine and chatters. V was finally at ease and found himself a part of the troupe once again.

And then something hits him.

He realized Yoongi's dark eyes piercing through him. Reason of which he didn't know. Or want to know. It was uncomfortable for this was very unusual of him- and scary too.

Yes, scary for him; the King of Terror himself.

For in those dark orbs- he saw a zest of something.

Something that was hiding; was veiled for a long, LONG time.

"Yoongi, is there something you want to say? You haven't spoken a word since we are here" 

Everybody went eerily silent. V words earned him a smirk from the dangerously quiet creature.

"I do"

"What is it then?" V sipped his wine.

"But I fear I might cross the line, my Master"

"Nothing new for you, Yoongi" 

Everybody now stared  at V and Yoongi. It was funny how the whole ambience changed with a few words. 

He paused. And then spoke.

"How is your Archangel, Master?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Jennie, what are you hiding?" the words of her own burned Jisoo's throat. 

Everybody went speechless.

"Unnie, what are you talking about?" Jennie's low huffing suddenly turned into frantic ones. Weird.

"Where were you?" Jisoo's voice turned staunch.

"Unnie....."

"Why are you lying?" Jisoo's voice wavered at the last.

The Angel froze. The word- Lying strummed inside her ears.

Silence.

"Lying" the word had a strange calmness in it. Jennie's shiny eyes clouded with tears. "Me?" her franctic breath had ceased. Now, agony prevailed in it. "Angels don't lie. They don't.........

 

..

 

 

 

until or unless they have a Devil Prince to teach them" a tear fell from her red stinging eyes.

______________________________________________________

 

"What are you talki...."

"Stop it. We all know." Yoongi eyes twitched as they pierced through V. "Lies are too fragile now- to hide the truth."

The realization hit him like thunder lightening.  That's why everything seemed so unusual.

That's why it all seemed like a staged play.

That's why he was so disturbed.

That's why his instincts were screaming the whole time.

They knew; They all knew.

The heads were low. The silence seized the abode- only to be filled with tension and

Fear.

Jimin tried hard but couldn't sneer. Not today. "I didn't know Angels could play tricks......"

"NOBODY DID ANYTHING. We didn't expect this to happen. It just happened. We fell in......

Love"

Hobi sneered sarcastically.

Love. A Devil fell in love. 

"I...." Namjoon was interrupted by a stoic voice.

"LEAVE HER." It was Jin " I don't know what the hell happened to you and your mind to get so ed up but retreat back NOW. The fatal consequence of this mess is beyond our imagination and let it be there. Don't make it tough for you and all of us. Get this in your mind and that Lady of yours." Jin's harsh and staunch words threatened to rip everyone's ear apart. It was uncommon for him to be in such solemn mood- in rare situations he raised his voice. But today, his sharp words even sent Yoongi in daze.

 

The matter was of existence and doom, after all.

"LISTEN." He continued "We may be deliquent demons and devils who don't follow rules of any kind. But one LAW is above all -for Angels, Demons and Humans alike. For dead or live.......

 

 

 

The Supreme LAW OF NATURE." Jin faced V.

"It's the Law that determines the way of our existence. 

We, hell dwellers, ought to be bad.

Heaven dwellers ought to be kind. 

Humans are the creatures in between.

It's what the Law says- and the day you CROSS THESE LIMITS, YOUR EXISTENCE IS IN DOOM" Jin made his way to the stupified heir.

"Retreat back till it shows mercy". he came closer to whisper his next few words to him 

"And love.........." he huffed sarcastically "Creatures like us are incapable of falling in love"

_____________________________________________________

 

Jisoo was dumbfounded. She felt her whole existence fell apart in a moment. That's why everything seemed so unusual.

That's why it all seemed like a staged play.

That's why she was so disturbed.

That's why her instincts were screaming the whole time.

They knew; They all knew.

Silence prevailed. All the mouths got sealed; for those eyes moist with tears of betrayal, were enough to speak.

"Long ago, for the sake of the universe's existence, The God and the Devil signed a Law for its sake for all the realms -The Law of Nature" Rose finally let her tears out quietly. "Nobody ever DARED to defy this ultimate law- You know why, Unnie?"

YES 

Yes, she knew;

It was Doom.

"Do you think nobody will ever know?" Lisa words somehow spattered out.

______________________________________________________

 

"Do you think nobody will ever know?" RM's words spat out of his mouth somehow. He took a long breath "He knows everything."

______________________________________________________

"She knows everything" Jennie whispered.

______________________________________________________

V froze. Father.

____________________________________________________

Jisoo froze. Her.

Lord.

_____________________________________________________

A flash of warm white light surrounded Jisoo as she opened the entrance of the hall. Synanouge. A gust of calm bel air caressed her face as she stepped into that shrine. 

Her heart felt at ease. Like it always did.

Her culprit heart felt at ease.

A figure stood tall in front of her very eyes- soothing them. Her black locks loose; her face adorned with a graceful smile.

"Jisoo, my child"

Jisoo lost it. Her control. And ran.

Like a distressed child in arms of her loving mother.

"Lord" Jisoo said as she ran into her guide's loving embrace.

The Goddess ran her hands gently through her dark hair- like a mother consoling her crying child. Her ethereal voice expressed nothing but concern. "What's wrong, my Angel?"

For the first time in her whole existence, Jisoo went speechless in front of her.

 

She didn't know what to say,

 

She didn't know what to hide from her;

 

 

How to hide-

 

 

For lies were too fragile now- to hide the truth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 HI MY LOVELY FRIENDS!!!  HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR! HOPE YOU LIKE THIS GIFT FROM ME. WELL, THIS CHAPTER WAS TO BE UPLOADED ON NEW YEAR BUT DUE TO SOME UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE. I AM REALLY SORRY FOR THAT.I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. 

AND THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT. I DON'T THINK YOU ALL REALIZE HOW SUPPORTING AND UNDERSTANDING YOU ALL HAVE BEEN. I WOULD NEVER BE HERE, UPLOADING  THIS CHAPTER IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU ALL WERE NOT HERE SUPPORTING AND LOVING MY STORY   :-)       !!!!!!KEEP ON SUPPORTING ME LIKE YOU ALL DO.  I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR IT  '-) THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!

P.S - YES, THAT'S QUEEN, SUNMI, IN A ROLE SHE DESERVE.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Credits for Pictures ( That I could find)- 

eldecos himes ( Jin)

From Tumbler( Sunmi)   

(Sorry I couldn't find the real origin of others)