The Tiny Box

Wild Strawberries

“Are you not afraid of getting hurt? We have the semi-finals next week.” Jinsoul scrubs at her surfboard anyways. Sooyoung is standing above her, towel in hand with a cooler for drinks too. Jinsoul wanted to surf, she always did at night but it wasn’t so hot today. She also wanted to have fun with Sooyoung, she feels like they haven’t been able to in forever.

Jinsoul wants a normal relationship with Sooyoung, one without all the doubts and impending fear of them being torn apart. She knows Sooyoung wants that too. And for the longest time Sooyoung wasn’t affected by all the that Jinsoul was in. Jinsoul knew she was selfish, dragging Sooyoung down with her, but she couldn’t stand to be apart from her any longer. 

They deserve to have a normal life, so Jinsoul will pretend that they do.

“No, I’ll be fine.” The waves were just right. Everything was just right, Jinsoul could tell herself that there was nothing wrong and she’d believe it. 

Sooyoung shrugs and lays the towel down, stretching onto it a few seconds later. Jinsoul smirks as her eyes scan over Sooyoung’s body. Her girlfriend was only in a bikini top and short shorts. Jinsoul wanted to kiss every inch of her.

Leaning forward she resists the urge but does kiss Sooyoung’s cheek, “you’re so gorgeous.” Sooyoung shyly looks at her and chases after her lips. They kiss for moments at a time, just getting lost in the feel of each other. Jinsoul could get lost in Sooyoung forever.

Between kisses Jinsoul mumbles out, “Stop. You’re distracting me.” Sooyoung bites down on her lip and pulls, Jinsoul can’t help but moan and deepen the kiss before forcing herself to stop. 

Sooyoung’s breath is labored, “maybe that’s what I want.” Jinsoul reaches forward to pull at Sooyoung’s hair, the kiss they share is passionate, filled with need and desire. Jinsoul knows she won’t be able to focus on surfing if she doesn’t stop. But when Sooyoung’s tongue slides against hers, Jinsoul groans and pushes herself away. 

Standing up she ignores Sooyoung’s pout, the way the girl is spread out on the towel, Jinsoul gets all woozy in the tummy staring at Sooyoung’s s and waist. She wants more time with her.

Jinsoul doesn’t want there to be a limit to their love.

And she knows that things would be perfect if they didn’t have this problem of hers. Jinsoul could be dragged away at any second. To be married off to some random man. 

But she knows if that problem wasn’t there, she and Sooyoung would be a perfect love.

She knows because it’s the way Sooyoung looks up at her and begs, “please don’t leave, I want you to lay here with me.” Jinsoul stares down at her, the guilt is almost unbearable. Maybe she should just forget about everything else and lay with Sooyoung until she’s pulled away from her.

But Jinsoul reminds herself that wouldn’t be normal, they were pretending right now. That there was nothing wrong with their lives right now.

Jinsoul grabs her board, “I’ll be right back. I promise.” Sooyoung glares at her trying to convince her to change her mind but Jinsoul only laughs and struts off. 

God, she’ll have more time with this girl. She wants her whole life with this girl. Jinsoul will figure it out. She needs to call Chaewon to see if she’s got enough money saved up. Maybe she and Sooyoung could run away before Kwon comes back. For now, it was a waiting game. Jinsoul hopes she beats time.

Surfing is easier than she remembers, maybe it’s because she’s trying to impress the girl watching her on the beach. Sooyoung is standing and waving cutely at her. She’s in control of how she moves even though the waves are dangerous. Jinsoul glides through the power of water that was bound to crash into sand. Jinsoul knows how to avoid that crash however, she always ends up safely on top of the water.

How she wishes…

How she wishes she could avoid it all just like she avoids crashing. 

Jinsoul only rides a few times before running back onto the shore. It isn’t the dark waters that scare her. 

Shaking the water out of her hair she makes her way back to Sooyoung who was now sitting on the towel. “I missed you.” Jinsoul smiles at the words and sits down, her wetsuit collecting all sorts of sand. 

Grabbing Sooyoung and hugging her, Jinsoul whispers while the girl squeals at getting wet, “I missed you more.” Jinsoul starts by kissing Sooyoung’s ear, biting down on the lobe. Leaving sloppy kisses down Sooyoung’s neck she tastes the sweat there, at the sensitive spots. Going further she bites the top of Sooyoung’s tiddie, earning her a slap across the back.

Jinsoul only giggles as Sooyoung curses, “that hurt stupid.” 

Sooyoung says it so softly though and Jinsoul makes her way lower. Pressing gentle kisses into Sooyoung’s toned belly. Jinsoul causes goosebumps to rise on Sooyoung’s skin and she nuzzles them all away. Sooyoung’s tan glows in the sunset and Jinsoul nibbles around her navel, before rising up to kiss her collar bones.

Jinsoul rests there, laying ontop of Sooyoung. The girl huffs at the added weight but quickly latches her arms around Jinsoul, so she won’t go away anytime soon. Jinsoul presses her cheek into the warmth of Sooyoung, humming as fingers scrape through her hair that was heavy with salt and water.

They lay there in silence for hours. Jinsoul’s so happy she can hardly handle it. She can hear Sooyoung giggles every now and then, letting Jinsoul know that her lover was just as happy. Without a worry about what’s creeping towards them.

This is how it should be, Jinsoul reminds herself. This is how it would be all the time if she just knew how to stop it.

“I love being with you.” Jinsoul mumbles into Sooyoung’s throat, her breath slowing. 

Sooyoung whispers back, “me too.” 

There’s no where they’d rather be than with each other.

But they can’t pretend forever, Jinsoul gets up again when she’s almost falling asleep. Telling Sooyoung she’s going out into the water again. Sooyoung grabs her wrist and tries to tug her back down, “Jinsoul it’s dark, the tide is too strong right now.” 

That’s the best time. 

Jinsoul doesn’t listen of course and hits the water half sleepy. Sooyoung follows her to the shore line. Jinsoul’s fine for a while, but her exhaustion catches up to her and she’s too late to stand up on her board.

She crashes hard, swallowing tons of water with the salt burning her eyes. It but she forces her way back up to the surface. Except she doesn’t, Jinsoul doesn’t have to swim because someone is pulling her up.

Jinsoul gasps for air as her head pokes through the water and Sooyoung is waist deep in water, lifting her into her arms to carry her back to shore as her surfboard drags behind them. Jinsoul looks up and even though the moon is the only thing providing light, she can see the tears on Sooyoung’s cheeks as clear as day.

Sooyoung tries to hold in her cries as she holds her when they hit solid land again. Jinsoul lays limp against Sooyoung who was on her knees. Jinsoul’s lover was weeping while holding onto her so tight she couldn’t breathe. 

The waves can still reach them and they slowly sink into the sand. When Jinsoul gets the strength she cradles Sooyoung’s head, “what’s wrong?” Deep down she knows what’s going through Sooyoung’s head, but she asks just to make sure.

Around them, the waves slowly creep higher and higher, the salty foam gathering between their bodies.

Sooyoung clings to her harder, constricting Jinsoul’s body against her own. “Please don’t leave me again.”

Jinsoul’s heart sinks with her.

“Please don’t leave me Jinsoul.” 

~~~~

They finally talk about it, after they get back from surfing, Jinsoul finds herself in the shower with Sooyoung. Jinsoul slowly lathers up Sooyoung’s hair that reaches all the way down to her lower back. Sooyoung is quiet, shaking a bit from the cool shower water. Jinsoul tries to warm her up by pressing their bodies together. 

“How long?”

Jinsoul isn’t prepared for the question, “how long of what?”

“Until you’re leaving.” 

Jinsoul grinds her teeth together, “I’m not leaving.”

Sooyoung goes quiet again but then turns around, Jinsoul didn’t even finish scrubbing the girl’s head before she’s rinsing the soap out. Sooyoung refuses to look at her. Jinsoul knows why too, Sooyoung can tell she’s lying. 

So she tries to tell the truth, “a few weeks, I don’t know what’s going to happen.” Jinsoul knows when it’s coming, she just doesn’t know what is. For all she knows, they might not even have to worry about it. “As long as I keep avoiding it, maybe they’ll just forget about me. Maybe I won’t be worth the trouble.”

Sooyoung stares at her, for almost too long. “You said they might kill your dad.”

“Could be my mother saying that, you know how manipulative she is.” Sooyoung hums, believing it. Jinsoul wants to believe it too, but she knows Kwon wouldn’t lie to her. She didn’t even know if her mom had anything to do with it.

But knowing Lady Jung, she probably did.

“I don’t want you to go Jinsoul.” Looking up she breaks at the pitiful expression on Sooyoung’s face. Reaching forward she brings her girlfriend into a strong embrace. “I want you to stay here with me, I want to be with you.”

“I know baby.” Jinsoul tells her, “we’ll figure it out.” Pulling away from Sooyoung she cradles her face and her thumb across her cheek, “we always have haven’t we? Once this is over we won’t have to worry anymore.”

Jinsoul believes it. 

She’ll make this right once and for all.

“We’ll be okay.”

~~~~

Jinsoul is rewrapping Sooyoung’s bandages on her knuckles from where she punched Kwon multiple times. Kissing each bruise and cut she rubs ointment onto it and wraps each wound up. Sooyoung watches her intently, with love full in her eyes. 

But there’s also fear.

Fear of being abandoned. Fear of Jinsoul getting hurt. Fear of them being ripped away from each other.

“Jinsoul?”

“Hmm?”

“What would it have been like, if we were able to be together back then?” Jinsoul thinks back when she was fourteen, with all the letters she wrote to Sooyoung, how in love she was with her. They were so young and didn’t know how it would turn out to be so cruel.

Jinsoul takes both of Sooyoung’s hands between hers, “I would have confessed, maybe I would have given you a letter. Or maybe I would have kissed you again and said something cheesy like, I don’t know, I wanna kiss you forever.” Sooyoung snorts and her eyes turn to crescents, Jinsoul mirrors it, but is tight.

Rubbing across Sooyoung’s bandaged knuckles she chokes out, “you wouldn’t have hated me, and I wouldn’t have been lonely.” Jinsoul remembers growing up and thinking she was gonna spend the rest of her adolescence with Sooyoung, how wrong she was. How wrong she was for thinking of all the stars she wished on would never come true.

Now, it seems like her wishes are finally being granted. But they don’t last forever.

Sooyoung’s her shooting star.

“I didn’t hate you, I loved you. I loved you so much and I wanted to be with you, it killed me Jinsoul you have no idea.” Sooyoung tells her and Jinsoul shakes her head. They would have been happy, they would have gone on dates and never been apart. Sooyoung wouldn’t have lost a part of herself, she would have had someone there for her when her father died. Jinsoul wouldn’t have had to push Sooyoung away and watch her break over and over again.

Jinsoul wouldn’t have felt empty. 

This is the first time in her life she feels whole. 

“Is it worth it?” Jinsoul peeks up at Sooyoung, her world comes crashing down as Sooyoung asks, “is all of this worth it.”

“How could you say that?”

There’s tears in Sooyoung’s eyes, “I don’t want this problem of ours to destroy us.” 

Jinsoul needs Sooyoung. Without her, that’s when she’ll be destroyed. Jinsoul can survive without Sooyoung, she knows that. But she doesn’t want to live without her. Jinsoul feels like her whole life would crumble before her. “Are you saying you don’t want to do this?” 

They stare at each other for fleeting seconds. Her worst nightmare isn’t what Kwon had mentioned, it’s this. It’s Sooyoung giving up on her. It’s Sooyoung finally abandoning her. It’s Sooyoung realizing that she deserves more. 

Jinsoul doesn’t know that Sooyoung is trying to voice that fear to her as well.

Sooyoung pulls her up into the bed from where Jinsoul was kneeling beside it. Jinsoul doesn’t even register that her clothes are being taken off. Sooyoung almost has her before mumbling out, “I’m saying I can’t let you leave.” 

Jinsoul's hands begin to tremble on Sooyoung’s shoulders. 

“I’m saying I’m not letting you leave, because I can’t be without you.” Sooyoung’s fingers ghost across her skin, lips drag across her torso, “if I had one wish I would go back in time and start all over again with you.” Sooyoung’s words burn into her flesh, “I don’t regret a single moment, I don’t want this to end. I can’t.”  

“Then why did you ask me that?” Jinsoul gasps as Sooyoung bites down on a sensitive area, “why would you ask me if it’s worth it when you know it is.”

Sooyoung then pulls away from her, lust and devotion in her eyes. With a hint of something else, “because I’m afraid.” Jinsoul tries to keep her gaze steady, but as Sooyoung’s fingers dip lower and lower, right where Jinsoul needs it. She begins to realize just how scary it’s going to be without Sooyoung.

“I’m afraid you’ll regret ever falling for me.” 

Jinsoul moans Sooyoung’s name.

~~~~

Gliding her fingertips across the dip of Sooyoung’s back Jinsoul allows herself to smile. Her girlfriend keeps humming so Jinsoul asks, “feels good?”

Sooyoung’s laying on her tummy, face down on the pillow. Peeking with one eye open she shyly mumbles, “yeah, too good.” Jinsoul doesn’t stop doing it, she doesn’t ever want to stop making Sooyoung feel good. 

She stares at Sooyoung's bare form, the sheets only bunched around her waist. Jinsoul can see the fading kiss marks on her girlfriend’s body and resists the urge to repeat the actions over and over again so she doesn’t have to think about anything but Sooyoung. Just because they had doesn’t mean the conversation from earlier continues to haunt Jinsoul. Just because her ears are still ringing from Sooyoung whining her name doesn’t mean she isn’t afraid of what was said.

Is it worth it?

Jinsoul likes to think it is, with the way Sooyoung is looking at her now. It’s all worth it, for her at least. However, she can’t think of any good reasons for Sooyoung to stick around. With or without Sooyoung, Jinsoul will still be married off. She will still be out of control of her own life. Sooyoung didn’t have to stick around though. She didn’t have to stay by Jinsoul’s side, continue to be loyal to her.

Sooyoung deserved more. Jinsoul feels guilty in not being able to give her that. “What are you thinking about?” Jinsoul was absent mindedly rubbing circles into Sooyoung’s shoulders when she’s asked that.

The blonde flips onto her tummy and scoots closer to Sooyoung. So that they’re inches apart. Is it worth it? For putting Sooyoung through all of this when she never asked to be? “I’m sorry, for not being able to give you everything, for dragging you with me through all of this.” Jinsoul apologizes, her jaw tightness, “I don’t know why you stay when I continue to hurt you.” 

Sooyoung’s gaze flickers between her own. There isn’t any change behind those eyes. Sooyoung still looks at her like she did all those years ago. “You’re not the one hurting me.” Sooyoung answers, “what hurts is the possibility of you being taken away from me.” Jinsoul curls up into a ball as Sooyoung shifts onto her side. “None of this is your fault Jinsoul, stop blaming yourself.” 

The blonde closes her eyes when Sooyoung’s hand finds the back of her head, it’s gentle, and comforting. “I hate putting you through this Sooyoung. I want us to be worried about where we’re going to have dinner, not this bull.” Jinsoul rants, “you deserve-”

“I’ve been chasing after you pretty much my whole life.” Jinsoul is cut off by a whisper, “now that I have you I don’t want to let go. I like you a whole lot you know.” Sooyoung giggles after she confesses. Jinsoul sighs when she feels Sooyoung’s forehead push into hers, “You love me and that’s all that matters, it’s all that matters to me. Because I know without this problem of ours we wouldn’t have a problem at all.”

Jinsoul feels relief flood her, “we’ll stay together right? Whatever happens, you’ll still want to be with me?”

Sooyoung kisses her nose, “of course, maybe after all of this and nobody is trying to marry you anymore. I’ll find out how boring you are and-”

Opening her eyes Jinsoul goes to smack Sooyoung from where she was laughing but instead she just pins the girl down on the mattress. Jinsoul thinks everything will be okay, they’ll get through this one last loop. They’re both in a fit of giggles as Jinsoul tickles at Sooyoung’s sides, burying her face in her girlfriends neck.

Kissing there and then biting she asks, “hey, you wanna do it again?”

Sooyoung gasps and Jinsoul smiles into the crook of when her girlfriend shudders beneath her. Raising up she smirks down at Sooyoung who was blushing. Jinsoul waits and Sooyoung nods, “please.”

Leaning down she kisses Sooyoung sincerely and starts to make her way lower. She’ll make sure to do that one thing Sooyoung likes so much.

She’ll make sure to do everything Sooyoung likes.

~~~~

“Wowww you’re in a good mood.” Jungeun’s monotone voice cuts through Sooyoung’s soul. Her eye twitches as she slams the ball towards the girl. Jungeun glares at her as the ball rolls far far away. “We’re warming up, you don’t need to go all she-hulk.” 

“Shut up, unless you want me to break your knee again.” Sooyoung teases.

Jungeun only wobbles her way over to get a spare ball, not even bothering to get the one Sooyoung hit. “I didn’t break it .” Jungeun starts to pass it to her again, they go back and forth for a while. 

It wasn’t like her friend was wrong, Sooyoung was in a extremely good mood. Although Jinsoul wasn’t here, Sooyoung knew she’d be going home to the girl. That guy can say whatever he wants, Jinsoul wasn’t going anywhere, Sooyoung wouldn’t let her.

Sooyoung would do anything to keep her love safe.

Jinsoul loves her and that’s all she needs. 

Vivi begins to yell after a little while, “Hey, Ha, where’s your girlfriend.” 

“Uhhh haha I don’t know.”

Sooyoung shrugs, but of course Jungeun has to run . “She’s lying, your honor.” Jungeun whines when Sooyoung punches her in the arm and Vivi only watches with a bit of disappointment and a whole lot of annoyance. 

“Let me guess, she’s sick.” Vivi asks, and Sooyoung gives her a sheepish look. Vivi throws up both her arms and glances up to the sky, “why god, can’t I have a normal team for once.” Coach V then starts to rant under her breath, too quietly for Jungeun or Sooyoung to decipher. 

As Coach V tries to figure out what the hell she’s going to do for the final tournament, Hyunjin sneaks up behind the two slowly cowering into themselves because of Vivi’s mood. “Sup.” Jungeun and Sooyoung scream, since they didn’t even hear or feel Hyunjin behind them.

Like she’s saw an angel from above Coach V grabs onto Hyunjin’s shoulders, “you, tell me you’re okay with playing with you sister for the finals.”

“No.” 

All three of them stare at Hyunjin after she answers quickly without another thought, “please, I’m begging you, I’ll pay you to play. If you say no, I’m saying it and quitting.” Coach V thinks about how she’s not even getting paid well for this . That this isn’t an official team, just a summer league. 

Hyunjin deliberately thinks it over...all but three seconds. “Sure.” 

Coach V deflates with a smile from where she was so tense, “Okay, thank you Hyunjin, we’ll start practice in ten.” Vivi then struts off, probably to drink out of her cooly cup that might or might not be filled with Tequila. 

Sooyoung turns to her sister, “awe never would have thought I would have been playing with you.” Hyunjin glares at the hands on her shoulders and slowly shoves them off. 

“Um, yeah whatever.”

Jungeun snorts at the lack of enthusiasm so Sooyung just shoves her away, “where’d you stay last night? Heejin’s?” Sooyoung asks, she never heard her sister come home so she was wondering. But when Hyunjin replies her soul leaves her body.

“The couch, I tried to come to bed, but you seemed pretty occupied.” Sooyoung turns blood red and Jungeun is dying laughing beside her. She doesn’t even have the dignity to shut the girl up. “I’m surprised to see you standing...sounded like Jinsoul was really giving it-”

“Okayyy that’s enough. Please stop talking.” Sooyoung stumbles out. Jungeun is now on the sand, slamming her fist into it, laughing so hard she looked like she was going to burst. Sooyoung is ridiculed for the remaining ten minutes, Jungeun keeps saying she knows why she’s in such a good mood now, Hyunjin keeps repeating things that makes Sooyoung want to disappear. 

Sure, Jinsoul may have...but that doesn’t mean she has to be teased for it. She’s her girlfriend for crying out loud. Sooyoung’s allowed to get her back blown out every now and then.

Before practice officially starts, Coach V explains the tournament rules, slightly different from regular season games. All Sooyoung thinks about is how she has to win this then the finals.

She’ll win them for Jinsoul.

~~~~

When Sooyoung makes it home, she spots her mother hanging clothes out to dry on a wire. Wordlessly, she starts to help her mom, earning a smile from the older woman.

“What’s this about, you hate doing the laundry.” Sooyoung grins and shrugs, she guesses she really was just in a good mood. But honestly, she’s been trying to get a moment to speak with her in private.

Her mom seems to notice, since she glances at Sooyoung every minute or so.

“Okay spit it out, did you do something?”

Sooyoung smiles and laughs, shaking her head no. For some reason she’s extremely nervous. Even though she knows this exactly what she wants. She guesses she’s afraid of her moms reaction. 

“Do you still have the ring dad gave you? From the wedding.” Sooyoung asks in a hushed tone, avoiding her mother’s stare.

Her mom pauses on hanging the laundry and turns to her. A soft smile on her face. “Is this about a certain girl?”

Sooyoung blushes, “no, just wondering.” 

Her mother gives her a skeptical look and clicks her tongue before going back to the laundry. They’re not nearly finished, but Sooyoung will stay out here until it is. In a time like this, she needs her mom’s support more than anything.

“It’s in the jewelry box, top compartment. You can have it if you want to give it to her.” Her mother explains and Sooyoung can’t describe the feeling in her chest.

It’s right.

It’s always been right.

~~~~

Mrs. Ha has known for a very long time her daughter was going to be with Jung Jinsoul. She just didn’t think it would be this later on in her life. Her daughter is standing in front of her, in the prettiest blue dress she’s ever seen. It’s light, and thin. Perfect for the summer weather.

“So are you asking her tonight?”

Sooyoung is staring down at the ring before looking up at her, “you think I should?” Her daughter is smiling, she can tell Sooyoung was trying to hide it, but it’s still peaking out.

Mrs. Ha shrugs, Sooyoung could do what she likes. She was sure they wouldn’t get married straight away, probably in a few years or so. The ring was just a promise for that.

Shooing her daughter away she tells her, “go on she must be waiting for you.”

Sooyoung shoves the ring box into her bag and rushes to meet Jinsoul outside. The blonde was sitting on the steps, picking at some flower.

“Hey, Soul.” Sooyoung mumbles out and her girlfriend turns around. Jinsoul’s eyes go wide and then crescent from her smile.

Jinsoul then hops up and brings her into a loving embrace, “god I could just-“ Jinsoul trails off and Sooyoung can feel her entire body heat up. “You’re so pretty I can’t stand it.” The blonde whispers to her as she continues to roll her eyes over her entire body.

On the way to the beach they hold hands. Jinsoul rambles on about something random and Sooyoung can’t help but to cling onto every word. From now on, everything Jinsoul says is important to her.

Everything about Jinsoul is important.

Sooyoung doesn’t even take her eyes off her girlfriend. Afraid if she blinks the girl will disappear.

Reaching the beach, Sooyoung carefully lays out a blanket. A radio and a poor excuse of some snacks. Jinsoul thanks her a thousand times however. The blonde tells Sooyoung she appreciates everything she does.

As the sun sets they talk about nonsense. Sooyoung keeps toying with the blanket beneath her. Wanting to pull out the box already. But she hasn’t found the right moment to ask Jinsoul yet. She wants it to be perfect.

Staring into dark brown eyes, Sooyoung falls in love all over again. Jinsoul’s hair and skin is golden in the sunlight and Sooyoung realizes this is her treasure. She’ll hold Jinsoul precious and dear to her all her life.

Every time the blonde smiles Sooyoung tells herself she can’t let that smile fade away. 

She’ll always make Jinsoul smile.

Jinsoul goes quiet after a while, just staring out into the ocean. Sooyoung eyes trace the girl’s features, every one of them perfect. Jinsoul’s indescribably beautiful and Sooyoung doesn’t think she can survive without looking at her every second.

Leaning forward she presses her lips to Jinsoul’s jawline, the blonde hums at the affection and melts into every kiss. Sooyoung can’t get over how soft Jinsoul is, she doesn’t know how it’s possible for someone to feel this soft.

Right when the sun is about to slumber the blonde asks her, “you wanna run away? After you’re done with the tournament?”

Sooyoung can only think of one answer. She almost pulls out the ring box, but something stops her. It’s too soon.

“What about tomorrow?” 

Jinsoul’s brows furrow and Sooyoung rubs her thumb across the scar between them. “But Sooyoung...the games.”

Sooyoung is slowly putting together a plan. “There isn’t one tomorrow and we’re not practicing, we’ll run away for a day. We’ll split there and once this is over we’ll meet again. You can get away from this Jinsoul.” Sooyoung explains and even though being away from Jinsoul will be like hell, she knows it’ll be worth it in the end.

This won’t be long, only a few weeks. Then Sooyoung will meet Jinsoul halfway, she knows the blonde is willing to wait for her.

“We’ll be apart for only a little while, then we can be together without worrying about anyone coming after us.” Sooyoung tells her while the side of Jinsoul’s face. The blonde then breaks out into a smile brighter than the sun and kisses her.

Sooyoung knows she belongs to Jinsoul.

She’ll propose tomorrow when they run away, just to let the girl know she’s hers forever. 

They kiss until the sun disappears, they kiss until they’re tired and sleeping in each other’s arms under the moonlight.

Under all the stars Jinsoul loves so much.

~~~~

Sooyoung groans, feeling the heat of the sun hitting her face. It takes her a second, but she remembers exactly where she is and she instantly smiles. Sooyoung snuggles closer to Jinsoul, kissing wherever she can. The sand beneath them is not the most comfortable bed, but Sooyoung wouldn’t rather sleep anywhere else.

Remembering last night she doesn’t want to open her eyes, she and Jinsoul were going to be okay. Sooyoung knows it. They’ve had a rough start, but Sooyoung knows things are going to work out and they can be together like they’ve always dreamed of being. Sooyoung loves this girl with everything in her. She wouldn’t let Jinsoul go ever again.

The radio is still playing and Sooyoung can only think of dancing with Jinsoul. Sooyoung’s going to dance with Jinsoul forever. They’re going to get married and live somewhere warm without any worries. Happy, just her and Jinsoul. 

This is the girl she grew up with, grew to fall in love with. 

Ever since she was a kid, Sooyoung knew she was meant to be with Jinsoul and although their love has always been tainted by others. Sooyoung won’t allow anyone to come between them ever again. When she was fourteen she knew that this was her love, and she’s fought the rest of her life to be here.

With Jinsoul.

Always Jinsoul.

The sun becomes shadowed, so Sooyoung opens her eyes. Her heart bursts in her chest.

“Goood Moorrning love birds!” 

No. 

Sooyoung instantly goes to protect Jinsoul, but there’s already a burly hand gripping blonde hair. Sooyoung watches in horror as Jinsoul is dragged by the hair on her head across the sand. Sooyoung scrambles to grab onto Jinsoul’s waist, but another man jerks her away and tosses her back into the sand. Screaming, Sooyoung tries to stop the man in the suit from taking her lover away, but Kwon grabs her and lifts her up.

“Jinsoul!”

She’s thrown back onto the ground and Kwon pins her to the sand. 

Sooyoung is completely useless. 

Jinsoul is being dragged away, screaming bloody murder, hot tears running down her cheek. Sooyoung can only watch. 

The man in the suit keeps pulling Jinsoul across the sand by her hair, the blonde is gripping his wrist so hard making it bleed. Sooyoung starts to cry when Jinsoul is jerked up by another man and carried up the steps. Jinsoul tries to kick herself free but the men have a fierce hold on her body and Sooyoung feels like she’s dying.

Kwon has her pinned down by the throat, grabbing his arm she begs him, “ please don’t take her away from me .” Sooyoung sobs. “ Please god don’t take her .”

“I love this song, “ Kwon refers to the radio, he then smiles down at Sooyoung, “don’t you love this song?” 

Sooyoung screams and cries, “ please I love her, I-I don't hurt her please !”

Kwon makes a disgusted face, “come on you’re making me sad Sooyoungie, smile.” 

Sobbing and tearing into Kwon’s arm with her nails she spits, “  you.” This can’t be happening, Sooyoung tells herself. This has to be a nightmare. Wake up. Wake up.  

Wake up.  

But she doesn’t. Jinsoul is being forced into a black car, she’s begging Kwon not to take her. He’s just laughing, but there’s a stray tear that flows down his cheek. The car drives away and Sooyoung lets out a wretched cry. 

Kwon listens to her sob for at least half an hour, still holding her down to the ground with all his strength. Sooyoung keeps pleading, as if he’ll hop up and tell her it’s all a sick joke. That he and Jinsoul were pranking her. But no , she keeps repeating no over and over again. 

They hurt Jinsoul, she was screaming out in pain. They were hurting her and Sooyoung could do nothing. She lays limp beneath Kwon, completely numb inside. They took Jinsoul away from her. 

“That was pretty horrible to watch.” Kwon says and glances down at Sooyoung. Who could pass at dead. Taking his hands away, she releases the hold he has on her by standing up. Sooyoung doesn’t move and Kwon really thinks he killed her. “Get up, it wasn't like there was anything you could do.” 

Kwon snorts at the idea of this tiny, skinny woman taking on three men plus him of course. Sooyoung lays there, barely breathing. Kwon realizes that this was worse than killing her, he’s taken everything away from her.

“It was traumatic I know. Do you hate me?”

Sooyoung finally moves, it’s only her head. Her empty eyes stare into Kwon’s. “I’ll kill you.” Sooyoung seethes out, “I’ll kill every single one of you.” 

Kwon snorts, “oh but don’t you want to see Jinsoul again?” No reaction. “You don’t want to kill me Sooyoung, I’m going to help you.” The girl gives him that same look and he leans down, his face still bruised where she battered it weeks ago. “I’ll be back in a few days, if you listen to me, I’ll make sure Jinsoul makes her way back to you.”

Sooyoung glares at him. “How do I know you’re not lying?” Kwon sniffs and rubs at his nose.

“Because I love her too.” 

~~~~

I’m so sorry you guys :(