Flowers and Cookies

Wild Strawberries

“No, that's.”

“Be quiet.” Sooyoung smiled at herself when she heard Jinsoul sigh heavily. Currently, she was covered in dirt and sweat, her hands buried in the soil of Jinsoul’s back yard garden. The blonde had trouble keeping it up since her mother had lost passion for it, but of course, Jinsoul hadn’t. So whenever she had time she would work in it. Keeping everything clean, making sure there were no weeds, and planting various flowers.

Like they were doing right now. Sooyoung knew beside the night sky, the cool earth was Jinsoul’s next favorite thing to immerse herself in. The girl had always been obsessed with the colors various plants could sprout through flowers, and the sweet fruits they could produce. Sooyoung remembers how Jinsoul would carry around a botanical encyclopedia when they were younger, rambling on about the cute flowers they would come across while exploring. Sometimes Sooyoung would pretend that she was going to destroy the tiny plants just to rile up Jinsoul.

But she never did, because she didn’t want to upset Jinsoul. Instead, she would laugh and ask her friend to tell her all about the certain flower she was about to murder even though she wasn’t particularly interested. She just loved the way Jinsoul would get lost in her words because Sooyoung would end up getting lost too. She loved the way Jinsoul would glow because her smile became bright when she talked about something she found neat.   

Sooyoung never had a better teacher than Jinsoul even though the girl wasn’t right about everything. Jinsoul made learning fun because the younger girl’s passion about the things she loved made you genuinely think they were important enough to know all about. Soon Sooyoung realized that everything Jinsoul loved was, in fact, important, because she was important to Sooyoung.

Now Sooyoung was experiencing that same bright smile from her blonde headed friend. She had found herself helping Jinsoul plant flowers in a previously neglected mound of dirt. But she came to find out she wasn’t as good as a gardener as she used to be. “Sooyoung stop.” Jinsoul wasn’t being too serious because she was laughing as she tried to steal her spade from her hands. Sooyoung was sloppily digging holes in the dirt, contrasting Jinsoul’s nicely dug holes to plant the seeds.

“I know what I’m doing keep those dirty hands to yourself.” Sooyoung giggles when Jinsoul huffs out against for the hundredth time.

Jinsoul reaches over to push her sunhat down, covering up her eyes. “If you know what you’re doing then do it right.” Sooyoung raises her head but from her hat being in her view, she can’t see Jinsoul. She also can’t see how the blonde is biting her lip trying to fight the urge to lean over and kiss that was hanging open.

“And how am I supposed to do that when I can’t see ?” Sooyoung smiles hearing the laugh that breaks from Jinsoul. It made butterflies erupt in her tummy. Sooyoung felt like some teenager again. It was just like when they were younger but the feelings felt heavier than they did years ago. They were deeper and stronger, meaning they were a lot more dangerous. But she was confident that Jinsoul wouldn’t rip them from her chest. Instead, she believed Jinsoul would allow her to let these feelings grow.

She’d only hoped Jinsoul would treat her heart as delicately as she did the flowers.

They were both mature now, more aware of each other than the childish love you have for a friend when you think they’re perfect. There was a reveal of flaws and petty behavior, like the fight at the party and the standoff post-honest time when Jinsoul told her she had a fiancé. But unlike the past, they had sensible solutions to their conflicts. Sooyoung started to understand Jinsoul more and the fact that Jinsoul had never hated her. But had to stay away from her for whatever reason she still did not know. And it was easier to keep the distance with someone you supposedly hated. 

Now they were enjoying the things they did while they were younger while doing so much more, making up for the time they lost due to impracticality and immaturity. Sooyoung had felt as close to Jinsoul as she did when she was only ten. But as the days went on she started to sense that they were getting even closer than they were when they were kids.  

Pushing up her hat she met with Jinsoul’s small smile. The girl only had a cap on and her hair pulled back, making her face look even sharper than it already did. Except for her cheeks, Jinsoul’s cheeks would always be round and that fact was very pleasing to Sooyoung. Jinsoul tilts her head so Sooyoung follows her movements, “you think you’re cute.” Sooyoung tries to not show any expression as she stares into Jinsoul’s calming eyes.

“I don’t think I am,” Jinsoul’s eyes narrow telling Sooyoung that she disagrees with the statement until she smiles and finishes the sentence. “I know I’m cute.” Jinsoul rolls those soft black eyes and pushes her lightly on the shoulders. Sooyoung loses her balance but catches herself with her hand and leans back onto her knees when Jinsoul goes back to digging in the dirt and patting it back carefully when she places a seed in the hole. 

Jinsoul mumbles something out and Sooyoung barely catches it, she’s glad she did because it makes her heart beat faster, “the cutest.” 

Sooyoung wipes her forehead trying to distract from her suddenly racing heart, “so what are we planting exactly?” It’s a simple question, simpler than do you know how you make me feel?

“Yellow roses and daffodils,” Sooyoung nods and starts to dig seriously. Jinsoul is silent for a few moments until she murmurs out, “they both symbolize friendship and new beginnings.” Sooyoung freezes in her spot and slowly turns to look at Jinsoul’s side profile. Had Jinsoul’s jawline always been that sharp? “I thought it would be nice to plant them with each other or…um together, you know since we’re best friends again.”

Sooyoung smirks and reaches over to pinch Jinsoul’s blushing cheek receiving a whine in response. Sooyoung tries to rub the dirt off Jinsoul’s face but the blonde doesn’t allow her. Relaxing on her hands she takes in how pretty Jinsoul is in the evening light. The sweat on her skin making her glow. Sooyoung loved golden hour. She’s never seen anyone more beautiful than this. 

“That’s so sweet of you Soulie,” She fakes a sweet tone that makes Jinsoul’s blush deeper. Her chest was light considering the fact that Jinsoul was planting flowers in her honor. Their honor.

Jinsoul doesn’t acknowledge it, suddenly becoming shy. Sooyoung pays close attention and watches the blonde’s throat bob up and down, “there are also red and pink camellias in here.”

Sooyoung hums and asks, “And what do they symbolize?”

The girl freezes and stares at the ground, Sooyoung becomes more curious from how the question basically froze her friend. Jinsoul then resumes planting whatever seed she had in her palm, “I’m not for sure.” Sooyoung doesn’t think Jinsoul would lie about such a simple thing so she shrugs it off.  

Sooyoung flips around and rests for a bit, content on watching Jinsoul do all the work. “What was your favorite again? Sunflowers?” Jinsoul raises her head where it was tilter over, focused on making precise holes. 

Jinsoul nods slightly, “yeah them of course but when I went to Hawaii I kinda fell in love with a new species.” Sooyoung smiles at the statement, Jinsoul must have had so much fun there since the night sky was much more vivid than it was in the city. “They’re called plumerias, it’s amazing at how they come in all sorts of colors, like a cuter version of a rose maybe. They smell like heaven too.” Jinsoul gazes up as she relives the memory. Like she was back across the seas with the fresh scent in her invading her thoughts.

Flipping back over Sooyoung grabs her spade again, “I’m sure they’re beautiful.” Just like the girl that fell in love with them. Sooyoung adds in her mind.

“You’re right and I’ll show you someday, just how beautiful they are.”

Their short conversation ends there and they finish the job after an hour or so. Sooyoung stands up first cracking her bones and taking her hat off to wipe all the sweat off her forehead and face. She groans when she pops a particular spot in her back making Jinsoul laugh a bit. Sooyoung stands around while Jinsoul waters the newly planted seeds until she runs out halfway through.  

“Come get some wata with me.” Sooyoung takes Jinsoul’s hand in her own when the blonde holds it out. On the way, Sooyoung makes fun of the way Jinsoul speaks, her friend trying to pull their hands apart as she continues to joke but Sooyoung only holds her hand tighter. 

They make it to the pretty old fountain that really needed some work. The water barely spurted out creating a funny noise that Sooyoung couldn’t be mature about, “kinda sounds like pus-.” Jinsoul’s stare cuts deep so she quickly shuts up. She allows Jinsoul to break free from her death grip and closely watches Jinsoul bend down to fill the watering can back up. Sooyoung knows she shouldn’t be checking Jinsoul out right now, but she couldn’t help it, the shorts Jinsoul had on were way too...

“Damn baby …is that all you?” Sooyoung hadn’t really appreciated Jinsoul’s curves for a while so she took the chance to really take it all in. Jinsoul hears her and turns around to ask Sooyoung what the hell she was talking about only to find out Sooyoung was staring at her .  

Jinsoul blushes from how obvious it is, “Sooyoung.”

The girl only hums, not taking her eyes off the cheeks peeking out from the denim, oh how she just wanted to take a bite-. “Stop staring at my .”

Bringing her eyes up she sees that she’s been caught. Jinsoul’s blush is way worse now, it’s all the way down her neck. Sooyoung isn’t fazed at all, “okay.” She doesn’t even wait for Jinsoul to turn back before she goes back to fantasizing about how tasty a snack Jinsoul would be. When Sooyoung is in the middle of replaying memories of Jinsoul’s giggling at practice the blonde suddenly stands up and crosses her arms.

Sooyoung turns to look off into the distance and tries to play it off as she wasn’t just thinking about hitting from the back. “Come on ert I have enough water now.” Sooyoung smiles and re-tangles her hand with Jinsoul and buries all the dirty thoughts in her mind. She shouldn’t be thinking about those things…yet. She was only focused on making Jinsoul happy, hopefully, one-day pleasing Jinsoul in that way will make her happy. 

After Jinsoul finishes watering the ground they skip back towards the house. Until Jinsoul stops them in their tracks, “look Sooyoung!” She turns her gaze south, it’s the first time she blushes that day when she spots a patch of wild strawberries. Jinsoul hunches down to pick them. The blonde excitedly hops up and down and breaks into a sprint to the patio doors. Sooyoung can only chase after her.

Huffing out she stares at the girl now washing them off with a random bottle of water she found. Sooyoung closes the doors back so the summer heat can’t get into the climate-controlled back porch that was screened in. “I don’t know why you like those so much they’re gross.” Jinsoul gives her a glare that tells her to shut up before popping one in . Sooyoung raises a brow as Jinsoul moans and chews on one closing her eyes to prolong the taste. 

“Don’t you remember how they taste?” Sooyoung does, vividly. Every time she stares at Jinsoul’s lips she remembers the bitterness. She remembers how soft and plump her lips are. She remembers how there’s no better feeling in the world than kissing Jinsoul. It didn’t matter how bitter Jinsoul’s lips tasted, from that time in the field where they were glossed in the fruit, or when they were in the classroom and they were hot with jealously, or the club when the lingering alcohol made her tongue tingle.

She’d gladly kiss Jinsoul anytime, anywhere.

Walking up closer to her, Sooyoung wraps an arm around the girl’s shoulders. “I don’t.” She lies, testing her luck as she slowly brings her gaze to Jinsoul’s own whose eyes were filled with curiosity. Smiling she tries to be as smooth as she can even though inside she was freaking out. No other girl had ever made her as nervous as Jinsoul did, but also she has never felt as comfortable with anyone other than Jinsoul. “Maybe you should remind me…you know…by.” Sooyoung doesn’t finish her sentence becoming shy.

Sooyoung remembers how many times she convinced Jinsoul to put the strawberry on her lips, just to avoid the taste but really she was trying to steal more kisses from her younger friend. She’s met with an innocent stare, soon becoming confused. Jinsoul holds a strawberry up to her lips but Sooyoung doesn’t move a muscle. That’s when it clicks in Jinsoul’s mind. “Oh…oh!” Sooyoung panics and pulls her arm where it was secured over the blonde’s neck, Jinsoul being snuggled into her side.

“Haha, I was just kidding give me one.” Jinsoul stands still as Sooyoung makes space between them. She giving Jinsoul a forced smile while holding her hand out. Eyes full of regret and fear. Jinsoul seems to notice. Sooyoung’s smile drops along with her hand when Jinsoul brings the fruit up to her lips, it already was smearing between her fingertips. Sooyoung’s eyelids drop at the moment when she watches Jinsoul’s fingertips drag across already red lips. 

Sooyoung swears she’s being teased with how slow Jinsoul does it.

She doesn’t move as Jinsoul steps forward, close enough that their bodies are touching. Sooyoung looks down into the blonde’s eyes that seemed darker. Thank god for boots making her taller. She can feel Jinsoul’s hot breath on her lips that are parted. Their noses bumping into each other. When did Jinsoul even get this close? Sooyoung tries to keep her eyes on Jinsoul’s but soon temptation wins and her eyes fall to where she desired. 

Jinsoul smiles, “I can’t believe you remembered that.”

“How could I ever forget?” Jinsoul gasps at her confession. Sooyoung feels herself being pulled closer when Jinsoul grasp her cut off t-shirt at her tummy. Sooyoung reacts by wrapping her arms around Jinsoul’s waist, gripping at the blonde’s lower back. Was this actually going to happen? She was almost bouncing from how giddy she was. She was about to kiss Jinsoul. They were about to-. “What about you’re fiancé?” 

Of course, her fear is still there. What if Jinsoul was in the moment and after they kissed she’d freak out on her. Sooyoung also hopes this kiss means something, not just something for fun. When Jinsoul speaks, laying her forehead against her own she knows she has nothing to worry about, “I’ve been with Kwon since I was fifteen. It didn’t stop me from kissing you in that classroom, at that stupid club and definitely not…”   

Now

That’s the last word she hears before she watches Jinsoul’s eyes close, making her close her own. At first, their lips barely touch. Sending Sooyoung to a level she’s never been at before. The ghost of the kiss ends way too soon. Sooyoung huffs out when Jinsoul leans away from her. They stand still for a moment trying to adjust to the drumming in their chests and the forming knots in their tummy.

Sooyoung feels light like she’s floating in the air, but she’s soon grounded by the next kiss Jinsoul gives her. There’s no hesitation with this one like there was with the first one. Sooyoung sighs through her nose when she feels the fullness of Jinsoul’s kiss, it’s long but they still don’t move their lips. But as soon as Jinsoul opens hers to smack them against her own, that’s when Sooyoung can’t resist pulling Jinsoul closer to her.

She tilts her head as their lips slowly glide against each other. She’s never been so in love with a moment. Sooyoung knows she’ll be telling her kids and even grandkids about this one. Just like her father told her about the time when he first met her mother. She’s never been so in love with something.

That something was Jinsoul.

Smiling into the kiss she deepens it. Their lips perfectly fitting together, making small noises every time they connect in the center and pull apart, only to lock right back together. Running her tongue along the bottom of Jinsoul’s lip the blonde whines making every hair on her neck stand up. Sooyoung becomes hyper-aware of everything. How Jinsoul’s grip on her shirt has become tighter, how her body is shaking in her arms. How desperate Jinsoul becomes with her returned kisses. 

Sooyoung doesn’t let it go further than that. Enjoying this lazy, sensual pace they’re going at more than anything. It slows down, even more, when they both start to run out of breath, or more on Jinsoul’s part since she didn’t know how to breathe out her nose. Sooyoung could kiss Jinsoul forever and she probably would, just like this if their lungs weren’t screaming for oxygen. Jinsoul is the first to pull away, taking a deep breath.

The girl leans forward to plant pecks on Sooyoung’s lips, not wanting the kiss to end. Sooyoung smiles as her lips keep getting smooched on. She even giggles at the funny noises. Jinsoul’s lips were amazing, becoming softer every time they kissed. Tasting of bitterness that she didn’t mind. “Mhmm, just like I remembered.” She opens her eyes to meet Jinsoul’s closed ones. Her voice was slightly airy from all the bubbling feelings in her airways. It felt like someone had clogged up .

Jinsoul opens her eyes as well and Sooyoung finds herself slowly leaning back forward with how deep she was falling into the girl’s gaze. She stops herself though when Jinsoul giggles and looks down into their now conjoined hands resting on her tummy. Sooyoung gives a breathy laugh when Jinsoul looks back up, her eyes filled with warmth, something that was definitely affection. Maybe even love. She knew Jinsoul adored her. But to what level. Was it the same as her?

She didn’t really care. Especially after that kiss. She felt like the luckiest girl alive being able to kiss Jung Jinsoul like she just did.  

The blonde shakes her head, tilting it to give Sooyoung that same soft look, the one she was receiving a lot more these days. “You’re so silly.” Sooyoung can’t help the smile that breaks out on her face. She knew Jinsoul wasn’t really saying that. She was saying something much deeper than that.

But she did feel a little silly.

From how much Jinsoul was making her mind spin.  

Later that evening after they settled in the comfort of Jinsoul’s bed, the flat screen on her grey walls blearing brightly as Sooyoung still can’t get the butterflies in her stomach to calm down. The rest of the day Sooyoung had been extra giggly, laughing at whatever Jinsoul said even if it wasn’t funny. She can’t believe a simple kiss made her chest feel this fluffy. 

Made her feel this high and she hadn’t even been smoking.

Looking over to the left where Jinsoul was leaning against her side she smiles as the girl slowly munches on some Oreos™. Jinsoul was smart, smarter than her since she would take two Oreos™ apart and take one cookie without cream and put it between the two sides with cream. The girl called it the O-Mac™. Sooyoung wasn’t creative she just put her Oreos™ in a bowl of milk and ate them like cereal.

Turning back to the T.V she jumps at the pop-up. They were watching some b-rated horror movie, Sooyoung’s choice because she thought Jinsoul would get so scared she would curl right into her arms, but instead, the blonde was laughing her off. Sooyoung liked this too since Jinsoul’s laugh was just as addicting as her touch. 

Sooyoung didn’t really like scary stuff so she was getting a bit antsy. She wouldn’t call herself as but-, “oh no this ‘bout to get murdered.” Sooyoung keeps her eyes on the screen ignoring Jinsoul’s comment, her spoon frozen in the air. Not wanting to spill milk on the bed, since the last time she did Jinsoul screamed at her she goes to lay it over on the nightstand.

Pulling her knees to her chest she waits with wide eyes as the scene gets more dramatic and the music picks up. The main character is running through the woods, away from the grotesque killer. Sooyoung thinks it’s fine when the girl makes into a cabin and shuts the door, the music dying down as she settles next to a window. Sooyoung should be embarrassed by the scream she lets out when the killer’s arm bursts through the glass grabbing the character’s throat.

Burying her face in her knees she whimpers out as she hears fake screams and weird gushing and squishy noises, probably the character getting gutted by the killer. Sooyoung knows it’s fake, all the liquid blood and guts made from cherry jelly. But her fear isn’t fake. Jinsoul’s laugh brings her back to reality and also the girl’s groans, “Ewww gross! They didn’t have to be that extra with it.”  

She refuses to look at the screen, gore makes her squeamish and she’d rather not ruin the sweetness in . “Soo, I told you she was gonna…” Jinsoul stops mid-sentence but Sooyoung doesn’t even notice. The butterflies in her chest were replaced with spikes. She should have just watched the kung-fu movie Jinsoul wanted to watch, her plan backfired. Well almost.

“Baby are you scared?” Instantly the pressure in her body is relieved when she feels a soft hand glide over her back. She hears the T.V being shut off as the hand starts to draw circles into the fabric of the shirt she borrowed from Jinsoul. Soon enough her body is being pulled by two hands until she’s sitting like a baby in Jinsoul’s lap. The girl is softly whispering to her as if she was fragile or something. 

She liked being cared for, especially by Jinsoul. It was the only good memories she had of high school besides her sporting events. Was when Jinsoul decided to not be an and help her whenever she got hurt, from gym class, or a fight. The girl seemed to always make sure she wasn’t hurt physically but still, her emotions were torn apart back in those days. 

Jinsoul carefully lays them down so that Sooyoung can lay on top of her. She grips at the cotton of Jinsoul’s sweatshirt, burying her face in the crook of her neck. “Shh it’s okay, it’s not real I’m right here I got you.” Sooyoung feels a bit dumb, of course, it wasn’t real, she couldn’t help it she was a…no she wasn’t a just sensitive. 

Tangling her legs up with Jinsoul’s she hums out when the girl wraps her arms around her waist underneath her shirt. One of Jinsoul’s arms is all the way around her waist, tightly holding her against the body that it belonged to. While the other one is loosely laying on top of her, Jinsoul’s thumb soothing her by massaging the flesh on the small of her back. Sooyoung finally forgets about the movie, the butterflies returning from before except this time they’re not having a party in her tummy. 

Leaning her head up she looks at Jinsoul who is staring up to the ceiling. When the girl turns her gaze towards her own she smiles making Sooyoung return it with her own. Laughing because the angle makes Jinsoul look funny she rolls off to her side, receiving a grunt of disapproval. Sooyoung lays on her side as Jinsoul shuffles to the same and soon they find themselves face to face. 

Jinsoul scoots over closer but Sooyoung backs further away, irritating the blonde. Jinsoul tries it again but Sooyoung keeps her back, “I’m not scared anymore.” 

The blonde huffs and throws a little tantrum kicking her feet on the bed, “nooo I still wanna cuddle!” Sooyoung stares hard at the girl, her eyebrows set in place. Until Jinsoul gives her that look that just is too hard to resist. 

Rolling her eyes at the beady ones, emphasized by upturn brows she scoots further to Jinsoul and lazily wraps her arms around her back. “Fine is that better?” Jinsoul nods her head and snuggles into her embrace. 

“You make me so happy you know that right? I love being with you.” Sooyoung can feel her heart bounce against her chest after the words were whispered into the now quiet room. Pulling away she gives Jinsoul a look full of doubt. But when she sees the sparkle in Jinsoul’s eyes she knows it’s nothing but the truth and that makes her heartbreak from her chest.

But Sooyoung plays it off shaking her head and pulling away from Jinsoul, “God you’re so cheesy.” She brings her hands back to her own body but Jinsoul grabs them and rests them in between their now separated bodies.

Jinsoul winks at her with a wide smile on her face, her cheeks puffed up from the happiness, “I’m being serious you mean everything to-.”

“Quit it…” Jinsoul shuts up and laughs when Sooyoung buries her face in the pillow. Jinsoul was too much, this feeling was suffocating. This was what falling in love felt like. Drowning but in the sense where you didn’t mind it. Where breathing didn’t seem necessary since it could distract you from what was in front of you. 

This is something Sooyoung had always fantasized about and for it to become reality was almost unbelievable. It still felt like a dream. 

Jinsoul waits for her to bring her red hot face from the pillow. Sooyoung was trying so hard to keep her smile in. The blonde lets go of one of her hands so she can use it to prop her head upon the pillow. Sooyoung flips on her back and brings Jinsoul’s hand that was tangled with her own to rest it on her tummy. Playing with the long fingers with her own.

Suddenly Jinsoul asks her a question, “do you think we’ll be best friends forever?” Sooyoung could answer this in many ways. One she could simply say yes, two she could say no because she could hopefully become more than just Jinsoul’s best friend. Or three she could .

She chooses three, “of course until you’re swooped off your feet by some boy toy leaving me all…”Jinsoul narrows her eyes as Sooyoung dramatically sighs out, “alone.” 

The hand that was resting on her stomach smacks her hard, making her legs fly in the air and her body scrunches up. “Shut up I would never.” Jinsoul groans out to her, clearly annoyed by the statement. As if she’d ever choose someone over Sooyoung. Or at least not now, unlike she did in the past. 

“You’re doing it right now! You’re dating some boujee muthaer, which you said you were dating since you were fifteen! You left me all alone Jinsoul.” Sooyoung gives her best pouty face, jutting her bottom lip out and fake crying by sniffling and whining. Jinsoul only shakes her head and rubs on her tummy.

Jinsoul leans over a bit to make sure she conveys the message, “Sooyoung I told you, I’m never leaving your side again, so please stop talking about him right now when I’m with you.”   

Not wanting to wrap up her act she pushes Jinsoul more, solely for her validation. She wants to hear Jinsoul dog this fiancé of hers and praise her. Maybe she’s selfish or even insecure but she can’t help that she has the most basic of human flaws. “Why? Because talking about him makes you miss him?” The look Jinsoul gives her tells her the answer.

The blonde is annoyed and Sooyoung even giggles at the dark tone of the girl’s voice, “no because I’d rather be with you god will you get it through that thick head of yours that I don’t like being with him it’s you, no else stupid.” Jinsoul rolls her eyes after she’s finished and Sooyoung only wraps up the act not wanting to question the girl anymore.  

Jinsoul lays her head down on the pillow resting on her side while Sooyoung stays on her back. Sooyoung stares up at the ceiling as Jinsoul takes in her profile. Watching how her eyelashes flutter up and down whenever she blinks. 

Sighing out she asks a more serious question, something that’s been on her mind since the night under the gazebo, “are you really going to go through with it?” She didn’t want Jinsoul to get married. But after their few talks she was starting to doubt the girl actually was. It seemed it was an act to please her parents.

Jinsoul hums as she’s thinking before she answers, “probably not, I’ll find some way out of it or just run away to some other country.” Sooyoung snorts and lets herself become relieved at the answer.  

“If you could switch the person who would you choose?” She starts to play with Jinsoul’s fingers on her tummy smiling softly when the girl doesn’t take but a second to answer.

“You, duh.” Sooyoung starts to mock Jinsoul rolling her head side to side on the pillow calling her a liar for saying such a thing. She brings her legs up that were covered only by some cotton shorts, contrasting Jinsoul’s baggy sweatpants. “I’m being for real! I’d choose you. I mean it’s like were already married without all the romance and besides,” Jinsoul makes her stop squirming around by placing a hand on her knee. Sooyoung freezes only for a moment to give Jinsoul a look full of skepticism. “I feel the safest with you, I trust you Sooyoung.”

Rolling her eyes she frowns playing it up just to tease Jinsoul, “awe that’s so um…that’s like,” Sooyoung grunts when her belly is slapped again. Her abs flexing as she curls up again and starts to laugh. Jinsoul rips her hand from her grip but Sooyoung quickly grabs it again bringing it back to her abused tummy. Sooyoung apologizes through giggles, the blonde’s unamused face spurring her on, “Sweet! It’s so sweet, but you know marriage most of the time isn’t very romantic anyway.” 

Jinsoul’s face is unchanging even after her practicality until her front finally breaks and she starts to laugh lightly with Sooyoung. “Right nothing would be different except we’d probably live together.” Sooyoung bites her lip at the thought of living with Jinsoul every day. 

Them waking up together, getting ready for their day ahead, coming back to talk and relax. She’d love to listen to Jinsoul rant because she can be adorable when mad. Her eyebrows scrunching together and her voice getting deeper, reliving the moment as she swings her hands around as her attitude sours. Sooyoung can only imagine the play fights they would have, the only problem is they’d have separate rooms but she’s sure she’d end up in Jinsoul’s every night anyways. 

They would be great roommates for several reasons. 

Or at least Sooyoung thinks so, “and then I’d murder you because you can be so annoying.” 

Sooyoung fakes offense, “Hey!” But it was true. Jinsoul didn’t mind it though. All the teasing Sooyoung liked to do, and how surprisingly clingy she was when feeling needy or wanted attention. And Sooyoung needed a lot of attention. Jinsoul, however, was more than happy to give all of hers to Sooyoung. No matter how many times the girl would pull on her ear when she was trying to concentrate or how she would interrupt her stories on purpose. Making crude jokes about every little thing. But in the end, Jinsoul loved every bit of it. 

Sooyoung is the one to pull away this time but Jinsoul keeps a hold of her hand and uses it as a microphone, “and then I’d be starring in the hit musical Chicago…” Sooyoung laughs out loud as Jinsoul starts to belt outlines. Sooyoung had always though Jinsoul was an amazing singer and she would be lying if she said she didn’t sneak around after campus hours just so she could lean up against the wall near the music room and listen to the blonde’s voice.

Jinsoul sang much different when she was alone, and most of the time it was with a lot of emotion. Not the good kinds either. But right now as she was singing the lines of the cell block tango she sang the happiest Sooyoung had ever heard, even though she was singing about murder. Jinsoul tries to attack Sooyoung by crawling on top of her but the girl grabs the blonde’s hands and pushes her up.

Sooyoung smiles, eyes crinkled and all as Jinsoul sings on top of her. Swinging their hands back and forth. When she finishes singing Jinsoul’s opens her eyes where they closed, getting lost in the number she was preforming and looks down at Sooyoung seeing her eyes curved up into half-moons. “You’re insane.” Sooyoung wheezes out and Jinsoul leans down their hands still pushing against each other. Jinsoul uses the leverage to pretend she was going to spit on Sooyoung, making the girl scream out and squeeze her eyes shut.

Jinsoul laughs at the petrified girl and crawls off her lap and Sooyoung raises up until they’re both sitting cross-legged across from each other. Sooyoung is the first to speak out since they had spent a little bit just staring at each other. “Imagine us being married…” Jinsoul raises her brows when Sooyoung tilts her head, but as soon as Jinsoul makes a small noise in the back of they burst out into laughter. Sooyoung shoving Jinsoul on the shoulders as the blonde slaps her bare knee.

Wiping the tear from her eye Jinsoul starts to ramble out in a hushed tone, “our wedding would be a disaster I know your cousin Sejeong would probably end up knifing somebody probably my aunt Krystal.” Sooyoung pinches the bridge of her nose as she wheezes out, her cousin been in jail a few times and Jinsoul’s crazy celebrity aunt that had a few coke scandals would probably be at each other’s throats.

“Sulli having all her bad kids running around the cake would be gone before the would even come out the box,” Sooyoung explains, making Jinsoul laugh even harder. coming wide open as she threw her head back. 

Jinsoul shakes her head, “you know it would be so fun though.” Sooyoung silently agrees only nodding her head. Jinsoul then scratches at the back of her ear, looking down at their touching knees. When she flicks her eyes back up Sooyoung swears theirs love swirling in them, “all we’d have to do is kiss and well.” Jinsoul’s blush is so vivid even in the dark lighting of the room. 

Leaning forward Sooyoung goes in for a kiss only to get pushed away by a panicking girl, “oh now you were so ready to kiss me today what’s wrong now?” Jinsoul sighs and gives in, not being able to look away from Sooyoung’s lips her shyness getting the better of her. Slowly Sooyoung tilts her head upwards and crawls towards Jinsoul’s own. When she’s almost there she stops and tears her gaze from Jinsoul’s parted lips, she looks up to Jinsoul’s barely opened eyes. Feeling the heavy breaths from the girl on her lips. 

She pulls away in that second. Because they’re home alone, in Jinsoul’s bed. She doesn’t know if she’d be able to play nice for some time before she couldn’t keep her hands to herself.

Instead, she says something equally as dirty as her thoughts, “you wouldn’t want to consummate our marriage?” Jinsoul is still flustered from the almost kiss, Sooyoung knows she’d be worst once she explains what she means. Because by the look on Jinsoul’s face she has not searched all the steps of marriage including the part where “you know…” Sooyoung starts to crawl over top Jinsoul the blonde on folding her legs to scoot back on the bed. 

Soon enough Sooyoung is hovering over the girl, their legs slotted together and she doesn’t dare to lay her weight on Jinsoul. Instead, she uses her knees and hands to keep her above the warm body beneath her. Slowly she drags her gaze down the girl’s body from Jinsoul’s wide and curious eyes. Down to her pouting lips begging to be nipped on, to her shivering body covered by layers of clothing. Jinsoul’s throat tensing and relaxing from all the swallowing to get rid of the tense feelings building in her body.

Jinsoul only stares in awe. Sooyoung’s gaze was almost predatory as she looks up and down. Jinsoul can’t help but feel the pressure in her tummy all the way down to her toes when Sooyoung bites down on plump lips. The girl’s eyes hooded and dark when she brings her gaze back to her own. Jinsoul blinks when Sooyoung tilts her head, making her black silky hair flowing over her shoulders, curtaining her face. It framed Sooyoung’s face perfectly, making her even more eternal.   

The blond has her hands out by her sides and stretches a pinky out to touch one of Sooyoung’s hand that is planted beside her making the nerves in her body tingle at the slightest touch. Sooyoung smiles when she feels Jinsoul’s leg wrap around her own, liking the way the girl’s facial features fade into desire the longer she stares. “ing all night long to confirm our undying love for each other.” Once Sooyoung hears Jinsoul’s breath hitch she starts to laugh and raises back up.  

Jinsoul leans up as well but she’s not laughing instead she playfully shoves Sooyoung. The girl stops laughing as so as she gets the reply, “as if I’d ever sleep with you.” Dropping her jaw she gives Jinsoul a questionable look, she doubted that after some of the things Jinsoul did. Like tonguing her in the club and just then when she was seemingly begging to be kissed.

But Sooyoung lets it slide…for now.

It doesn’t stop her from defending herself though, “and why not?”

“Because I’m sure you’re probably bad at it basing it on how you eat chicken wings and don’t know how to play a single instrument.” Sooyoung rolls her eyes as she watches Jinsoul wiggle underneath the covers. She almost asks Jinsoul to let her prove it, right at this moment. But her nerves get the better of her.

Getting under the sheets as well she grumbles out, “whatever, rumor has it I’m the best on campus.”

“Rumor also has it that you’re a hoe.”

Sooyoung bites back the smile from Jinsoul’s jealous tone. She loved it. Seeing the girl get so worked up. “I’m not a hoe! I’m just super chill and kinda bad. Girls love that , I mean especially since I’m y so of course I get a lot of .” Jinsoul loudly groans at the words and turns around, her back facing Sooyoung. 

She scoots over to Jinsoul and spoons her behind, dodging the elbows being thrown at her. How can they be talking about getting married to Sooyoung getting this kinda treatment? It’s silent for minutes and Sooyoung thinks she’s messed up until Jinsoul sighs out, “only if they knew how you are outside of that chic persona you have on campus.” 

Squeezing the girl tighter to her body resting her cheek against Jinsoul’s shoulder she murmurs back, “I know, they’d probably think I’m some loser.” Jinsoul shuffles under her and Sooyoung leans back to let the girl turn back around.

Jinsoul looks offended, “you’re not a loser, and they would be falling for you. Sooyoung you don’t realize how sweet and thoughtful you can be. You’re like a teddy bear with extra fluff when you’re not being an .” Sooyoung blushes at Jinsoul’s aggressive words and the short kisses to her face.

The blonde jerks her closer after she’s done with the cheek kisses and soon Sooyoung is having the life squeezed out of her. All of Jinsoul’s limbs wrapped around her body like a koala. Sooyoung can only snake her hands back around Jinsoul’s waist and rest her cheek against the girl’s drumming chest. “I’d have to pry them off if they figured out you were affectionate and actually cared about things. But I’m not complaining because I want that side of you all to myself.”

Sooyoung starts to get all fuzzy inside as Jinsoul’s jealously shows. “Those es can have the cool Ha Sooyoung, I want my soft and cuddly bunny.” Normally this would be red flags but Sooyoung can only think about how much it turns her on and not in a ual way. But in the way where she wants to run to the nearest chapel and just seal the deal already. She’s never let a girl this close to her, Jinsoul was her number one babe. The only girl who could call her a sickening sweet name like bunny. “Of course though, it really is annoying to see you put that flirty act when you’re with girls.”

Groaning she ignores Jinsoul’s last statement. She wasn’t the one to be talking when she gives everyone on campus the time of the day. “And it’s annoying to see you being such a princess on campus.”

“Excuse me.” The blonde huffs out.

Sooyoung has her eyes closed her brows scrunching together and slowly lets her attitude come out as she rants, “Oh don’t pretend you don’t have the whole awe I’m so cute innocent and perfect performance at school when you’re around people. You’re the princess of campus like you have no personality except being pretty and nice.”  

She hated seeing Jinsoul on campus like that. Everyone was in love with her, it made her sick seeing so many people try to get with her and the blonde being so polite with them. Everyone swooning at her smile and becoming lovesick realizing how shy Jinsoul was. But Sooyoung couldn’t blame them, because she was the exact same. Except she knew Jinsoul more than that, not just on a surface level. Of course, Jinsoul was pretty and nice, but that was only what Jinsoul showed. 

She’s told Jinsoul this before, but the last time she did she was much angrier.

“Whatever.”

Sooyoung takes a deep breath and starts to explain herself, “I'm not saying that’s a bad thing, it’s just I know that you’re more than that and I wish you would show more people. You’re so smart Jinsoul and I’ve never met anyone as truly unique as you are and you never let that side shine. So many people try and take advantage of that. Like you’re friends when they’ve never taken the time to learn about you because you’ve always been so quiet and passive.” She finishes with a sigh. Jinsoul never was nice to her back then, she was one of the only people that knew her true colors.

Jinsoul’s heart is beating slowly against her cheek and the girl dreamily whispers out, “And you’re so much more than just some playgirl who’s good at sports.”

“Hmm I don’t know, it’s kinda a wrap for me at this point.”

But Jinsoul disagrees, “Don’t say that…you’re amazing Sooyoung, someday somebodies going to see that. For now, it’s just me and it’s my job to remind you that every day, that you’re the most amazing person.

Shaking her head she finally relaxes in Jinsoul’s arms, “You only think that because I’m your best friend.”

“No, I’m your best friend because of that,” Jinsoul replies and that’s the end of their conversation, and they lay quietly enjoying each other’s touch and warmth. Sooyoung doesn’t know who drifts off first but she was sure it was herself. Since the comfort of being in Jinsoul’s arms was unmatchable. 

They would be friends forever, right?

Or maybe even more.

At least that’s what Sooyoung dreams of that night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter sponsored by Oreos and my ...and my favorite author.