Ride on

Wild Strawberries

Kwon takes a drink of his everclear, across him sits Lady Jung as stoic as ever. He didn’t know much about this woman, except the fact that Jinsoul and her younger sister Chaewon definitely took after their father. The woman was beautiful in all honesty, but Kwon’s never seen something uglier. He isn’t sure how he got pulled into all this. 

Well he did...apparently he’d go to prison for years if he didn’t agree to be her dog on a leash. Kwon regrets all the decisions he’s made so far, he should have stuck to music. The woman across him is drinking a dry martini, he reaches to palm his throbbing head, now a bandage over where he smashed the glass over his skull. 

The things he does for Jinsoul…

He stopped chasing her a long time ago, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t win her platonic love. “So what the hell are we doing now? I’m not paying for this drink ya know.”

“Please be quiet all you ever do is talk, don't you get tired?” The woman sighs back. Kwon grumbles under his breath and takes another drink. Lady Jung was actually royalty in Korea and married Dr. Jung for his wealth...before the man had wasted it all away. Her features are elegant and sharp, dark monolid eyes and straight lips with high cheekbones. Her hair is long and slick down and she barely has wrinkles except for the ones between her brows since she furrows them so often. 

The only reason Jinsoul was being married off because of money and stability. The stuff that Lady Jung had failed to succeed. Chaewon was also being planned to be married off. But that girl was a lot harder to find than Jinsoul. Kwon knew exactly where Jinsoul was.

And that was the sad part.

Kwon shakes his head at the thought. That girl could be free from all of this if she just ran off like her sister did but there was something holding her back. Kwon didn’t know until a few years ago...after he met Kim Doyeon. Jinsoul was in love with some deviant girl, a bit rugged but nonetheless gorgeous in appearance. 

Ha Sooyoung, Kwon’s done his research. The girl was mean and a bit of a hot head, apparently getting into a lot of fights and keeping her distance from most people. She was also a star volleyball player and a lot of people rumored her to go pro. Sooyoung was popular but for different reasons than Jinsoul was. 

Jinsoul was devoted to her in a way Kwon couldn’t wrap his head around. The blonde’s one desire was to break away, but her desire to be with Sooyoung was stronger. Maybe it was because they grew up together, and that was the one good thing from Jinsoul’s childhood that she couldn’t let go.

Kwon couldn’t see Sooyoung going anywhere though, her life in this city was too rooted. Jinsoul was so close to slipping away. Kwon wouldn’t be surprised at the end of this that Jinsoul would be alone across the world. Even though all her life she’s been building her future around Sooyoung. It just didn’t work. 

Even though they were best friends, even if didn’t make sense when they weren’t together. It was like everything made sure that they’d never be. 

Sooyoung was a different person with Jinsoul and the blonde was really happy when she was with that girl. Kwon sniffles, he wishes he could just do something. 

But he feels powerless with that stare on him.

“If you know anything...you better tell me boy.”

Jinsoul if you’re out there. If you’re with her.

“Of course.” 

Run.

~~~~

One Week Later

“Sooyoung, I have to pee.”

“No I’m too comfortable.” 

Jinsoul blinks, “I’m gonna pee if you don’t let me up.” Her girlfriend groans and raises up slightly, letting her slip out from underneath her body. The past week has been almost heaven. Jinsoul was now practically living with Sooyoung, not daring to go back to her home. All they did was sleep, go to practice and come back to Sooyoung’s to lay around once again. 

It was nice...even though Sooyoung was starting to be too clingy, and Jinsoul thought she was the whipped one. Used to it would be  Sooyoung that would have to pry her off since she got too affectionate. But it was like Sooyoung sensed something was up, so she didn’t let Jinsoul out of her hold, quite literally. Jinsoul couldn’t breathe sometimes with how tightly Sooyoung  would embrace her at night or just lounging around. 

Ever since they’ve been kids, Jinsoul’s been the one to cling to Sooyoung. Since the girl was her protector, her hero. But as the years have gone on, Sooyoung’s became way more attached than she used to be. 

Although it was obvious, the huge crush Sooyoung had on her, she hid it better than Jinsoul did. Especially at school. Now Sooyoung didn’t care, she had to kiss Jinsoul every second it seems and the blonde was starting to get overwhelmed.

Maybe it was because what was waiting for her out there. Or her realizing she won’t be able to survive without Sooyoung.

She needed the girl. Sure she could live without her, but Jinsoul would feel lost the rest of her life. She’s changed, and Sooyoung has too. No matter how much they changed through the years. She wanted their love to stay the same. No matter how long they were together or apart, they’ve always been changing for the better. But Jinsoul knows she would lose a part of herself if this didn’t last. Jinsoul would always have a hole in her heart if Sooyoung wasn’t it for her.

Washing up in the bathroom she returns to Sooyoung’s room, only to freeze at the door. Sooyoung was looking out the window, “can we ride today?” Jinsoul thinks for a moment. Ever since she’s brought that damn bike over all that Sooyoung wants to do is play on it. Jinsoul doesn’t like it…but Sooyoung forces her on and goes at dangerous speeds making her hold on tight. 

Jinsoul shuffles up to her even skipping when she gets right next to Sooyoung, “no.” Jinsoul bounces cutely and Sooyoung blinks, not letting herself be affected, only turning back to the window. Jinsoul huffs and starts to wrap around her lanky girlfriend, rubbing her girl bits all over her.

“Stop it I can feel your nips.” Sooyoung mumbles to her and pushes her away.

Jinsoul pouts up and slithers right back to her, “I thought you liked that?” Sooyoung looks down at her, there’s more than a hint of arousal in her eyes...they haven’t done it in so long and…

“I don’t, so stop it, ert.” Sooyoung lies straight through her teeth. Despite the rawness in her voice. 

Jinsoul thinks for a moment, and comes up with the perfect plan. “I’ll ride if you let me ride you later.” Sooyoung blushes red at that and it crawls down her neck and chest as well. Jinsoul knows how Sooyoung is when she her lips. Her girlfriend is silent for what seems like hours...until she turns around, the heat already enveloping Jinsoul when Sooyoung grabs her roughly.

Jinsoul hums surprised when she’s pulled into a desperate kiss. Sooyoung practically assaults her with her tongue and teeth, leaving her breathless and clinging around her neck. Sooyoung leaves nail marks into her waist before pulling away, “cool.” Jinsoul sighs dreamily as her girlfriend walks off, Sooyoung could be such a jerk sometimes. What kind of response was that…

Following her she spots the smirk on Sooyoung’s lips, knowing she’s being teased. Jinsoul absolutely hated it when Sooyoung would blow her off like that and her girlfriend always took advantage of that. 

Sooyoung is like a little kid as she runs out to the bike bounces lightly on her feet before hopping on, making it bounce beneath her despite not weighing much more than a sack of potatoes. 

Jinsoul let’s her hips sway as she walks up to it, forgetting she doesn’t have much on but some tiny cotton shorts and a flannel. Crossing her arms in front of Sooyoung who was slipping on her helmet she groans out, “Don't even think about going fast you hear me?”

Sooyoung glances at her, “I got you baby don’t you worry.” Jinsoul narrows her eyes at Sooyoung who is checking her out from head to toe, she isn’t quick enough to dodge from the hand that comes flying towards her . The loud slapping noise is embarrassing enough, but the fact that she feels herself getting is even more shameful. Jinsoul squeaks at the assault, jerking the hand still groping her away and goes to push Sooyoung off the bike but her girlfriend only laughs at her and fends off the weakly flying fists. 

The older girl grabs Jinsoul’s wrists and giggles at her, “stop just get that y on here and hang on...I promise I won’t go fast.” Jinsoul sighs and leans into Sooyoung who only grabs the extra helmet to slip it on her head. Jinsoul fights the smile away on her face as Sooyoung brushes the hairs from her head and snaps the chin strap on. Every time Sooyoung would put her helmet on for her and help her onto the bike. It was so trivial but it made Jinsoul swoon.

Getting comfortable behind Sooyoung she lets her arms wrap all the way around the girl’s tiny waist and her heart begins to thump against Sooyoung’s back. Jinsoul leans her head onto her girlfriend’s, “you ready?” Sooyoung asks her gently, revving the bike on. Jinsoul only mumbles out a plea.

All Sooyoung does is laugh before telling her to hold on tight.

~~~~

It finally stops, Jinsoul’s throat burns from screaming so much. Sooyoung goes way too fast...and she serves all around the road in an attempt to kill them both. Sometimes Jinsoul really does think Sooyoung is trying to kill them. Shaking from behind Jinsoul wobbles off, barely being able to stand on her own.

Sooyoung slips off not being affected by jelly legs and supports her girlfriend with firm hands. “You okay Soulie?” 

Jinsoul seethes at the innocent voice and slaps the top of Sooyoung’s helmet. Her girlfriend takes it as an invitation to rough play and the people around start to stare as the two girls wrestle around with each other. 

Sooyoung manages to trap Jinsoul’s head between her legs and tickles at her sides as the blonde screams more, going raw from the vocal abuse. Jinsoul punches at Sooyoung’s tone thighs until she’s finally let free. The blonde huffs and wobbles back, her lip quivering from being teased too much. 

Her girlfriend laughs at her pout clenching her tummy since it hurt from how tense it was. Jinsoul rolls her eyes as she jerks the helmet off, tired of Sooyoung’s giggles. When she stomps back over to prop the helmet on the bike Sooyoung grabs her, taking her own helmet off in the process. Jinsoul would be lying if she said it wasn’t the most attractive thing she’s ever seen. Sooyoung’s hair sticks to her face while the rest of it flows down her shoulders a bit messy from the wind. 

Sooyoung’s eyes soften, even sparkling as they continue to stare down into Jinsoul’s. The taller girl smirks, feeling all sorts of butterflies and tingles in her body even after all these years of knowing Jinsoul. It never got old with her. “Sorry for going too fast, I thought you liked it.” Jinsoul sighs and glances off to the side, so close to giving in. 

“You knew what you were doing.” Jinsoul huffs.

Sooyoung smiles fully, letting her bunny teeth poke out. “You’re not wrong.” She admits and Jinsoul stares back at her. “I just love it when you hold me like that.” Jinsoul lets her shoulders relax and can’t help but lean up to give Sooyoung a chaste kiss. The taller girl closes her eyes at that and doesn’t let them flutter back open until Jinsoul pulls away for a few seconds.

There’s something so beautiful about Jinsoul when she wasn’t so worried. The blonde had no makeup on and all her features were so delicate, Sooyoung feels like if she touched or kissed them too roughly they’d break. So she made sure to handle Jinsoul gently. Sooyoung’s in love with the way Jinsoul looks at her, she loves the way Jinsoul loves her.. This is all she’s dreamed about her whole life.

Being with Jinsoul...it being this normal and natural. It just meant it was right.

“Why did we wait so long to do this?” Sooyoung asks her seriously. Why did they waste all those years hating each other when it was clear all they wanted to do was love each other. Jinsoul tilts her head at her words, and Sooyoung already knows the answer. It wasn’t that they waited...they’ve never waited. Jinsoul was always ready for this, she’s planned it her entire life. Sooyoung didn’t realize she was planning herself as well, only going through the motions until she finally found the rhythm she’s known her whole life. 

Jinsoul shakes her head and caresses her face, moving the baby hairs off of Sooyoung’s forehead. Sooyoung leans into the touch, “I don’t think there’s been a second in my life where I haven’t loved you in some sort of way.” Sooyoung tells Jinsoul. She’s hated her, but only because she loved Jinsoul so damn much. 

The blonde smiles brighter than the sun, “I know Sooyoung...I know.” Sooyoung accepts Jinsoul’s embrace eagerly, “you have no idea.” They hug for fleeting moments, there’s something bittersweet about their love. How much they need it since they know what it’s like without having each other. It makes Sooyoung never want to let go. It makes Jinsoul want to run away and never turn back, she wants to take Sooyoung far away, so that she’s never hurt again. So Jinsoul doesn’t have to hurt her anymore. “Come on.” 

Sooyoung lets Jinsoul lead her by the hand, she’d follow Jinsoul anywhere at this point. 

No matter what.

She’d always be by Jinsoul’s side.

~~~~

Lying next to Sooyoung Jinsoul lets herself drown in how pretty she is. Sooyoung’s skin is warm from the summer heat, darker than it normally is since the sun seems to radiate off her so much. The freckles, the ones that Jinsoul has mapped into her memories, the ones that Jinsoul used to daydream about kissing them, stretched around her nose. They're so faint that Jinsoul can barely see them, so she stares even closer, especially at the prominent one on her cheek.

Sooyoung is leaning back, her head tilted up towards the sky and parallel to the sun that was falling asleep in the horizon. The wind blows with Sooyoung’s long, silky hair, dark against the orange hue sticking to the air. It’s mesmerizing like something from a fantasy. Jinsoul traces Sooyoung’s features, down to her collarbones and to her smooth legs. 

Everything about her is perfect, Jinsoul thinks. Not even the greatest artist in the world could replicate the beauty that her best friend is. Sooyoung smirks, breaking the natural pout she has on her thick lips. Jinsoul doesn’t look away shyly when Sooyoung catches her staring. There’s a darker tone around her eyes and Jinsoul has to guess since she keeps Sooyoung up late at night. Talking about everything, anything. She’s afraid that it might be the last time she’ll ever speak to her, that nonsense whispered in the middle of the night. 

So she falls into that gaze Sooyoung gives her, the tired and puffy eyes that hold so much life in them. Jinsoul’s hand moves on its own accord and ghosts around the curve of Sooyoung’s jawline down her neck and to her chest where it sticks to the slow thrum of her heart. Sooyoung brings her hand to cover her own and presses it tighter against her chest.

Jinsoul hums, “you’ll always be here won’t you.” 

Sooyoung’s smile stretches wider, but not quite breaking open. “As long as you’ll have me.” Jinsoul knows Sooyoung is loyal to never leave her side. But she wonders if she’d still be there if Jinsoul left hers. She wonders if Sooyoung would wait for her forever. Will it always be this way? This feeling she has for Sooyoung. 

Sitting up herself, Sooyoung starts to brush the sand out of her hair. Jinsoul knows what she wants, “Sooyoung.” The girl hums and continues to comb her hair with her fingers. Sooyoung looks everywhere, but nowhere in particular like she was scared that if she fixed her gaze it’ll all disappear right in front of her. Jinsoul whispers to her, “I want this forever.” 

Sooyoung glances at her and then away, “me too.”

Jinsoul realizes that Sooyoung must know. That this isn’t over yet and they have no idea what’s to come. But Jinsoul doesn’t know what to do. So she does the only thing she knows how to, “I love you.” Sooyoung smiles sadly at her and Jinsoul scoots closer. They sit shoulder to shoulder and watch the waves roll over and over again.

As long as they still crashed against the shore, Sooyoung would still love her. Jinsoul would still love Sooyoung. The moon may disappear sometimes, but it never stops pulling the ocean. Jinsoul knows she’ll always shadow Sooyoung and that’s good enough. One day she’ll be able to shine just for and never stop. 

“You’ll always be my best friend, nothing will change that you know.” Sooyoung says and it almost seems like a goodbye. Jinsoul sighs when she feels soft hands wrap around her arm and Sooyoung’s cheek pressed against her shoulder. “No matter how much you’ve hurt me.” 

Jinsoul leans her cheek onto the top of Sooyoung’s head and mumbles, “don’t worry I’m not going anywhere anytime soon.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

She can sense Sooyoung’s smile, “then why does it feel like you’re leaving.” Jinsoul frowns and turns to kiss her head gently before inhaling the soft scent of her shampoo.

Jinsoul’s not sure how to say it, “I’m not. I can’t leave you.” 

Sooyoung pulls away, her face tense, “tell me Jinsoul. I know there’s a reason you’ve been acting strange since you started staying with me.” Jinsoul can’t stand to look at her, “what is this time...I’ll stop it, I’ll do whatever I can to keep you here.” 

Jinsoul turns, but only looks at the quiver of Sooyoung’s lips. She reaches to cradle her face, “I told you, don’t worry.” She doesn’t know why she lies, maybe it’s because she believes it herself. She won’t let them take her away again. Not when she’s just found what’s perfect. She couldn’t.

“I’m not going anywhere.” 

I’ll never leave your side...

Even if they pry me from it.

~~~~~
Almost a month later! Sorry guys...I'm back hehe