Plans & Perspectives

Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was not difficult for Naeun to quit being an idol. In fact, even before she found out she was pregnant with Yohan, she already had plans of settling down "to live a normal life", whatever that meant. All she wanted was a peaceful life away from the limelight. To be able to enjoy life, and to find peace. But these plans, she made with him. So when he broke up with her, she was sure none of those plans would fall into place.

However, the second she found out about Yohan, she knew that she had to stay true with what she promised herself: she wasn't gonna let any of her future family to experience the chaotic world of the entertainment industry.

Going back to Seoul, a huge part of her was hoping that five years away would be enough for everyone to treat her as invisible but it would seem that people don't just easily forget someone who was an idol for a whole decade because when she and Yohan had gotten home from the market, and after seeing Taemin's mom, her sister had informed her that she was the number one trending topic in multiple entertainment portals and gossip sites.

"Eonnie, it would seem that a lot of fans saw you at the concert two days ago," Saeeun explained further, while scrolling through her iPad.

Naeun gulped, and with shaky feet and hands, looked over at Saeeun's screen. Article after article had her name on, coupled with pictures of her at the concert. Snaps were taken of her back while she was on her seat, and a few from when she was at the corridor of the concert hall. Her face was hidden behind the mask but it was still pretty obvious that it was her.

Former Apink Son Naeun spotted at Jung Eunji's concert

Is former Apink Son Naeun back?

What has Son Naeun Been Up To Since Apink?

"Ottoke," she mumbled as she grabbed the device from Saeeun and scrolled through everything herself.

How has Son Naeun been?

Rumors of what Son Naeun's life has been in the past years circulating

Is Son Naeun still single? Find out what she's been up to!

Her head began to spin. This wasn’t part of her plans. She was only supposed to go there for a second just to see her eonnie and now she was probably the talk of the town. What if they find out about Yohan?

Saeeun looked at her worriedly. "What are you gonna do, Eonnie?"

"I don't know," she replied because she really had no idea what to do. Truthfully, she still had many doubts about moving back to Seoul, and this was probably one of her biggest issues yet.  

This was clearly not what she had planned when she had decided to stay for good. She just wanted to be close to her family and live the peaceful life that she had dreamt of. All she wanted was for things to work out on her terms. But then, when had things ever worked out on her terms before?

Yohan first and always she repeated her mantra in her head as she tried to think of a way to diffuse all the attention that was directed towards her.

"Eonnie, you're not a celebrity anymore. Maybe we can sue people who are gonna keep posting about you," Saeeun suggested.

But that would mean more chaos, adding even more attention rather than actually getting rid of it. "I don't know, Saeeun. But my priority is Yohan. Always."

Saeeun nodded. "Of course, Eonnie.

She was still browsing through the articles when her phone rang. It was an unknown number. With an anxious feeling, she picked it up.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Is this Son Naeun-ssi?"

She stiffened. The voice sounded familiar and she was sure she knew who was calling but hoped that it wasn't that person. "May I… may I know who's calling?"

"Naeun-ah," the voice became softer. "It's Key Oppa."

 

“You’re up in 5 minutes,” one of the staff informed him. He nodded in response and let the other people do final touches to his makeup and clothes and check his microphone. It was a chaotic scene as the clock started to countdown to his performance while he remained calm because he was more than ready.

The songs and steps are already imprinted in his head like a tattoo from all the nonstop hours and days he spends practicing because what else would he do than dedicate all his time to this?

This was his norm.

Other than making music, this was what he did, comebacks and tours and all the glitz and glamor being a world class idol should have. This was what his life was all about now.

"You ready?" his manager asked when the 30 second countdown started.

Taemin nodded.

The pre-recording and the actual performance went on smoothly and by the end of the show, his new song had even been given the award.

Of course he was happy, why wouldn't he be? He was where he was supposed to be, right? Isn't this exactly what he wanted?

Yet as he held the trophy and sang his song for the encore stage, he felt empty. As if something was missing. He looked at the pearl aqua ocean in front of him; he was constantly surrounded by his fans and people who admired him and yet he felt lonely.

When he was back in his waiting room, some of the younger idols arrived to congratulate him, including a group from his company which he has mentored and made choreographies for.

"Hyung, we should go out for a quick bite or a drink," the leader of the group, whom he had known since the younger's trainee days, suggested. The other members all agreed.

He only smiled. "Maybe next time."

"Sunbaenim, you deserve a break," another one piped up.

No, you don’t deserve anything, the voice at the back of his head told him.

"Taemin-ssi is a bit tired and still has a full schedule tomorrow," his manager answered for him.

"I'm sorry, guys," he apologized.

There was an exchange of whines and protests but the group ended up leaving anyways with their hyung's promise of treating them out to a proper dinner next time.

"I guess world class idols don't have time for dining out like that, huh," one of the stylists who was fixing some of his clothes commented when t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter